Automobilista 2 V1.5 Physics Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Re. Pit crew: would it be possible to have some different body masses on the North American circuits? IMSA races usually have at least one tyre changer who is, shall we say, rotund. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

In the same way that all racegame users could feel this before FFB.
    It works this way:
    Its the muscle-eye relation that tells your brain if this exact input (wheel, pedals, gamepad) does relate consistently with the output/reaction you see on the screen.
    Some reasonable delay between input and reaction does give the impression of weight and transition time.
    But if the delay gets too large then the impression of connection gets more or less lost.
    Like if your mouse on the screen has too much (huge) delay then the muscle-eye relation is lost - and it feels like the mouse has its own life.
    Conserning peoples popular impression that its the different wheels FFB effect that tells them these things then even DD wheels has so much delay that people unconsciously use the much faster muscle-eye relation to "feel" and then afterwards (still unconsciously) use the FFB feeling as a "supplement" to the primary much more basic and faster muscle-eye relation.
    OK?;)

ByTheWay: Why should you try to be rude? I suppose your question is just a asked because you are curious and not because something else. Right? :whistle:

3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

In relation to the TC discussion. I was lapping in the Merc GT3 (at spa 2022) and I assume the TC indicator on the dash goes green when TC kicks in. I set it to 0 and sure enough, it never goes green. I set it to 1 and it kicks in all the time when cornering and touching the throttle (even very very lightly). Its so sensitive such that I simply slightly touch the throttle through any corner, even medium/high speed ones, and the green light flicks on. In fact, I could not detect any difference in sensitivity (using green light as reference) between 1 and 10. This seems odd.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. BrunoB

Thats ok.
    But talking about the "correctly" way of expressing yourself then check the massive aggressiveness that does meet most of my postings about how I evaluate the impact of the 1.5 upd.
    Because give me a quote of one of my own comments that is even partly as rude and personal as many of the lets call them "funny" comments to my postings.
    The only one I can find thats is still not even close to the aggressiveness I have met (because I use a bit irony instead :D ) is the following.
    And do yourself a favour to compare this to the post I reacted to.
    ByTheWay: Hehe dont take this as moaning. Because when people react extremely rude against me or even prowdly does tell everybody in the congregation that they from now on will ignore me - then I conclude that this is what people have to do when they are unable to use arguments.:D

5. MJV_1973

MJV_1973 finnish ed AMS2 Club Member

Just drove Porche GTE at dry Suzuka.
    TC set to 1 indicators flash a lot but TC set to 0 indicators do not flash at all but wheels do not slip either even if I press throttle to max with 1:st or 2:nd gear.
    Same with slick or hard tires.
    I would say that´s not normal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BrunoB

Good post.
    Hehe agree with your cheerleader part. :p
    But instead of being irritated Im having a good time - because just like RL cheerleaders these guys are entertaining.
    Mainly because they reveal their pro and cons :p:p

7. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are really over thinking this. I want a variety of skin tones heights, and having both men and women. Nothing more complex because it doesn't need to be. I don't care how many asians are in Japan or how many white people are in South Africa because we all know that there are tons of motorsports fans no matter the skin color.

Also who cares if a women is in a pit crew in a country where that's a taboo? Who cares? Why would you even care? I think if a women in a pit crew in a place where thats seen as taboo fully takes you out of the immersion then that says a lot more about you than anything else.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Ow The Edge – kópia.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. TomLehockySVK

How do people feel about the F-Reiza compared to what it was pre-1.5 ? Previously it felt comfortable but a proper challenge, now it feels to me like a total struggle.
    0650600143627_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Lucifer_sam

Not edgy, it is really weird that you can be taken completely out of immersion just from a women changing tires. It's such a tiny thing to get all bent out of shape over.

11. Lucifer_sam

Also have a small history lesson ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. BrunoB

Before 1.5 this was my absolute favorite.
    And the one I had most top or at least upper TT LB positions driving.
    Now I have completely sacked this "car".
    It feels like a formula car driving on a completely dry track - using wet tires :rolleyes:

ByTheWay:
    Full wet :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is the kind of clowns that cry about getting banned on RD

14. TomLehockySVK

I have seen that video and know my Nascar history. But you are saying that you do not care at all about immersion in a racing SIMULATOR where immersion is everything ? Sorry but there are ways to have both diversity and also immersion in a game. The fact that you feel the need to insult people immediately and saying you do not care in plural, saying things like "Who cares" when you should just say "I do not care", says a lot more about you than anything else.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TomLehockySVK

First thing i tried was a short race at Catalunya and couldn't even get the car to turn properly, meanwhile the AI was just flying by me on the outside of corners. Something seems wrong with the car now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

681D7C3E-BCB0-49A3-9901-1F88768E9615.jpeg
    ROTFL, I think @TomLehockySVK has provided more than enough NASCAR-themed goodies for AMS2 to permanently settle that question!

Also, in the interests of historical authenticity, I demand that the 80’s poodle hairstyle be modeled in the AMS2 Female pit crew DLC. Do it right or don’t bother.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

If Reiza would add pit-wall teams members I would appreciate to see women here as in real life.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. TomLehockySVK

Absolutely. Pit wall team members are the next thing that would add a lot to the immersion. No matter who it would end up being. But then what would be the outfits, what colors ? Livery overrides for those too ? Would they just pop into existence when a new player joins a server similar to how iRacing does it ?

19. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I would like to see Sally Stokes on the historic tracks’ pit wall!
    90555409-9002-4E6B-9109-7AA676334F1D.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  20. BrunoB

If it was just this single car it wouldnt matter - at all (IMO).
    But as I commented BEFORE the 1.5 upd was rolled out then the two cars who had got the 1.5 treatment (inside the 1.4xxx install) did show exactly the same over damped smoothed out behaviour.
    And I did also express my fear that all the good cars in the 1.4xxx install would become exactly so dull and damped in their reactions when the 1.5 was rolled out.
    No no I was told it was only something very special with these two different cars.
    Nothing to worry about:rolleyes: