Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Its all part and parcel to the same topic.

Track conditions evolve, tires evolve and so does the car along with it. Light fuel, fresh tires, heavy rubber, nice warm track (aka optimal conditions) the cars will tend to behave optimally. If those are the testing conditions, and the basis of judgement, all I suggest is perhaps try doing 20 laps at long beach, starting with a full tank with x5 wear/fuel acceleration, and if the cars aren't spinning with 0 TC, THEN there is a problem.

And I'm not saying this to challenge anyone or say they are wrong. Rather, to let us know what we may need to look at. We'll never turn away good data, so long as we can corroborate it.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Michael Phillips

Michael Phillips Member AMS2 Club Member

If you choose G923 from the ams 2 controller menu, it doesn’t auto map the controls and recognize them?

3. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich New Member

How's the work coming on those jaggie shadows? Max AA shouldn't have any jaggies. And that shouldn't require supersampling.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. GenniusGamer

GenniusGamer New Member

Nope, most of the time it doesn't recognice the steering imput. Only a few times, but only 180º, not the normal 900º. For some reason it blocks on those degrees. I've tried with changing settings on G hub and in AMS2 settings but still no solution.
    It was working well on the beta 1.5 but since the official release it's bug :(

5. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have you tried using "custom" on the controller menu? You will likely then need to remap or edit your inputs and then calibrate your wheel and pedal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. GenniusGamer

GenniusGamer New Member

i tried but it doesn't seems to work

7. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So I do not have a G923 but when I tried to use that preset it locked my wheel up and could even turn it but I was able to use custom. So I think maybe it is bugged. I would recommend exiting out of AMS2, shutting your wheel off or unplugging it. Then plug it back in and then start up AMS2. I would change to "user control set 2" and then change the make to custom. Then go to edit assignments and steer left and then right to map your steering and then calibrate your wheel.

Edit: Also when it is stuck at 180 and "it blocks on those degrees" does that mean you can't rotate the wheel back and forth and the degrees do not change? After the first step of the calibration where you turn the wheel as far as it can go and then you hit next it should be at 180 or at least that is what mine is and then I rotate the wheel back until it reads 900 and then I hit next or finish.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2023
  8. martincolts4

martincolts4 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Fix Logitech G923 please, that game is taking it as a 180º steering wheel instead of 900º :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have massive car/screen shaking when watching the AI in most of the Formula cars, can be seen from the outside, but it's more apparent in car. Also in the F-Reiza the sound is all messed up, sounds as if you where in the middle of a hurricane. I have skins installed so I dunno if that's the cause for the car shaking at least.

It's fine for me while driving, it's just watching the AI.

10. Michael Phillips

Michael Phillips Member AMS2 Club Member

I was able to ‘fix’ the 180 degree thing by this series of steps and it worked multiple times, g pro in g923 mode

- g923 wheel selected in ams 2 so it auto maps controls. I still can’t get the game to properly accept wheel axis inputs in the controller assignment screen, but the auto assign from the profile assigned them correctly

- I think when you enter the wheel calibration screen that’s when the wheel is switched to 180 degree angle. When you are in the calibration screen, alt tab to the g hub software, it usually switches the wheel to desktop profile here, switch it back to Automobilista 2 profile and make sure 900 degrees is shown under this profile.

- alt tab back to the game and proceed with calibration. For me, the wheel would calibrate at 900 degrees.

something is bugged for sure but like I said this did work for me multiple times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think SC is causing issues in Cadwell Park pitlane - AI got stuck, I cannot get out of the pit (automatic pitstop) as there are cars ahead that had a pitstop, and those cannot go through because SC is the first car in the lane 20230729233551_1.jpg

Help me step-Ginetta, I'm stuck

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Still can't figure out this freezing issue. Exactly 10 minutes into any session, the screen freezes up to 10 seconds while my car goes off the track.I could restart the race and it will still freeze after 10 minutes on the dot. No matter what track, car or type of session. I've got telemetry turned off as well. I could pause the game for a few minutes and the freeze will just be delayed by that much. No matter what, 10 minutes of active session triggers something in AMS2 that my computer doesn't like.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Try turning off Game Bar and/or Nvidia In Game Overlay if you have them activated. This was happening to me, and hasn’t since I’ve deactivated them. Might have been a coincidence, but worth a try. Also, do you have a Fanatec wheel? I’ve had occasional issues in the past fixed by simply changing USB slots.

14. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had random mini like half a second freezes caused by the AI pit crews, yours seems like some kind of hardware or some sort of program on the background interfering, does it happen once? Or every 10 minutes?

Might be what Bandqit suggested, I would close all background and non essential programs you might be running and just run the game to see.

15. Manbird12000

I turned off game bar. Still freezes at exactly 10 min into session.

16. Manbird12000

It happens once so far in a 20 min race. Be it a brand new race session, or a restart, or a session that is paused..as soon as I'm driving for a total of 10 minutes (to the second)...freeze.

17. Levelup1

Levelup1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Totally agree! I have explained it in several groups today on Reddit as well. I'm shocked at how many people did not know about setting up track conditions. I think something should be written for individuals that are just coming to the sim for the first time. We have a tendency to think if we know something sim related, others may also, but I found out firsthand, they are not aware. IMO it's leading some people to think the driving is bad, when it's not.

18. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Does it happens during night race too?
    If yes, you see any odd shadow on track?

19. Manbird12000

Happens at night too. The shadows look the same as they always have. :/

20. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

By chance do you have your windows background set to slideshow at 10 minute increments? I had a similar issue and turned off slideshow to solve. Grasping I know but trying to help.