Automobilista 2 V1.5 Physics Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Odd I did some laps in Imola and did not find the car to understeer at all with the default setup, felt quite nimble with good FFB (default+). Only in the hairpin had some exit oversteer but that's not weird at all in that particular corner. I did not drive that car too much before the update, but it did not feel weird or that much different from what I remember.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What FFB profile are you using. As stated early, it has been confirmed by Reiza that the Default and custom FFB has an error. Default + works well.

3. Landaemos

Landaemos My name is Sponge. Bob Sponge.

Default+ on a CSL DD.
    It is not ffb related, it is car handling related.

4. Theodore Schultz

There definitely could be some other issues but if you take it out on Default it is much worse

5. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I use a custom ffb profile and this is the only car that is feeling genuinely bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Theodore Schultz

Did you try it on Default +. I agree. It has issues on default and any custom file that I have tried. In the beta forum it was confirmed that something is broken on Default and is also an issue on custom.

7. Theodore Schultz

Edit: So basically when you are trying to turn in and go to the apex, the FFB keeps getting stronger and stronger and it continues to try and force you to plow straight on and the only thing you can do is get off the throttle and thus the AI fly by you. This has happened on every file I have tried except Default +

Last edited: Jul 30, 2023
  8. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

This isn't really the best way to mitigate the F-Reiza behaviour. I'd heavily recommend not (only) to change the clutches and instead putting coast ramp to 75, increase front downforce by one or two clicks and increase rear ride height by a click. This should make the car feel nicely balanced, even though it probably lacks a second or three (depending on the track) in quali trim.

I personally run clutches on 6 and preload 60.

It's pretty accurate (even a little too fast) for race laptimes though, so there's that.

EDIT: Aforementioned setup will lead to more rear tire wear, so for a race go for balanced wings.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Landaemos

Landaemos My name is Sponge. Bob Sponge.

Thank you for the advice. I forgot to add that I added 5 clicks of downforce to the front on top of the other mechanical changes.
    Will test those and report back.

10. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Where was this mentioned?

11. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Five clicks is huge, even with my two clicks my rear tires were suffering a lot. I'd probably go for balanced wings in longer races.

The most important thing is coast ramp though; it's set too low imo in several formula cars (F-Ultimate is another one of them).

12. Theodore Schultz

In the Beta forum or the Paddock lounge

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Theo please don't use the word "error" as I never said it did. :)

I did however mention it does not feel so great on the Default profile (imo) compared to Default+ which the latter profile is what this vehicle force feedback was tuned around.

This vehicle has a massive amount of performance and if you remove the understeer drop-off from when the front tires reach a critical sliding point (which Default does) then there is no ffb output relief in these medium speed corners. This is just the nature of that profile..

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Theodore Schultz

My apologise but I am not sure what other word to use as it definitely not behaving in a way that all the other vehicles on default FFB profile behave and I did quote you in a later post.

• Like Like x 1
  15. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Let it be known that here lies one answer to the oft-asked question, "Which Reiza FFB profile should I be using?"

Another answer being, "None! Choose a community custom FFB file!";)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2023
  16. Theodore Schultz

Before 1.5 I exclusively used custom files. After I used primarily default but now I am actually switching between the 3 depending on the car and which I prefer. Not nearly as much difference between most of the custom files and the default files after 1.5 IMO but I know this isn't a FFB thread.

The F Reiza makes me wonder if something else isn't wrong as I wouldn't think that default FFB "issue" "problem" or whatever wouldn't "bleed" over to custom files but in my testing it is. However, I do not know the inner workings of AMS2.

• Like Like x 2
  17. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Concurrent with the V1.48-to-V1.5 physics and tire model updates, Reiza's basic/Default/Default+ FFB profiles have obviously been restructured and revised along the way. Exactly to what degree it is hard to know. Once the dust has settled, it would be interesting--and welcome--to see an "Automobilista 2 V1.5 Force Feedback Overview & Recommendations" thread started by @Domagoj Lovric & @Coanda

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

Now I'm just having a little problem the tires on the Cadillac DPI are overheating a lot and it's causing a lot of wear and tear, how do I solve this?

19. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I agree with those who find Formula Reiza to be behaving oddly after update 1.5. I had no particular concerns before. I tried several profiles and the result does not seem satisfactory to me. Could Reiza's team take a look at this car, thanks.

20. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

me and most ppl i know personally prefer default, it's more consistent and natural to me, default + is too noisy for me going light/heavy/light/heavy all the time

• Agree Agree x 1