Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Something you might want to look at: Power Settings. Make sure you have it at least set to "High Performance" if "Ultimate Performance" is not available for you.

Screenshot 2023-07-29 191332.png
    Click on "Change plan settings" and then on "Change advanced power settings". After clicking "Change advanced power settings" this window will pop up:

Screenshot 2023-07-29 191620.png

Make sure that the option USB selective suspend setting is "Disabled" and PCI Express "Link State Power Management" is off. In fact, all power management option should be "Off" or "Disabled" except the Display power off after inactivity.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you happen to have your GPU overclocked?

Not in AMS2 but in AC I had my GPU overclocked a bit too high and at a certain point in every race it would lock up. My fix for that was to lower my GPU overclocked.

No idea if it will help or not but figured I would throw something out there to try.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2023
  3. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried turning Pit crew to Player only or off. It is in the options under performance. As someone else mentioned, it caused a lot of freezing in the past.

4. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Slideshow is off. It wouldn't make sense though because it freezes after 10 minutes in game, if it was PC triggered, it wouldn't happen at exactly 10 minutes into a randomly started game.

5. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did a mixed race on Spa 2022 with F-Retro Gen 3, GT1, GTE and P1 Gen 2.
    Seems like a couple of cars have some serious issues at Les Combes (going out towards the gravel) as well as overtaking behaviour.
    Stickin' long or do not change to overtake the lane quickly enough to avoid losing speed. KI is also pretty slow through a couple of corners.
    P1 Gen2 suffer from strange use of DRS additionally. E.g. on the start and finish straight they use DRS only when they pass the finish line. Pretty good to see when you follow those cars.

KI-Strenght: 105
    Aggr.: medium

6. Manbird12000

Yep it's off.

7. Manbird12000

Every thing is as you suggested. Still freezes after 10 minutes in a race. The problem I'm having which is hard to communicate is that this is 10 minutes in-session. If I restart the race after a freeze, it'll freeze again in precisely 10 minutes into the race. If I pause for 5 minutes and resume, It still freezes tin minutes into the active race (delaying the freeze by 5 minutes). This is completely something being triggered by AMS2 itself, and not some timed process happening in my PC. I can set a timer for 10 minutes the moment i press "start" and the alarm goes off right when it freezes. Precisely at 10 minutes lol.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

Hi Manbird, that's a really interesting one :) I can only speculate of course, and maybe it was already suggested, but to me this looks that actually a calculation is triggered or based on the 10 minutes in game time. Typical examples, would be fuel calculation, average lap-times, weather slot change (when synced), etc..
    Do you have external tools using the game information like crew chief, dashboard, simhub running. For example if fuel consumption is switched off, and such a tool tries to estimate a pit stop strategy with the fuel consumption somewhere in the denominator, it might take longer or trigger a heavy calculation on the CPU you recognize as freeze.
    Only speculation, as said, you can try to modify related settings. Also typical in debugging is, to choose extreme settings, like put you race to 4h (I know some of you don't consider this extreme :D), no AI, other date, time trial mode, dedicated server, ...
    This seems like a tough one, at the end one probably also needs a bit of luck to catch it.
    Greetings

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok, another shot in the dark.
    10 seconds (which you said is how long it freezes for) is, I think, the default windows DNS timeout. Could AMS2 be failing to call back to base, for things like updating your rating etc? Do you run pi-hole, and could that be blocking it? If you're using your ISP's DNS, maybe try changing to google or cloudflare?

Edit: In the same vein - see what happens if you disable your wifi/ethernet while you're playing.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Had a race with Copa Uno, full grid, 28 cars.
    Mechanical Failures activated, sync to race, no custom AI (just default ingame values).

11 out of 27 AI had to retire. Is it supposed to be like that?

11. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Do you have mods installed? I came across this video on youtube where the guy has a similar issue where it froze about 9 minutes into race for about 9 seconds. (
    10:54 into the vid). He was racing a mod at the time mind you.

12. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the report. I will check engine thermals now that this got a Turbo..

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Thanks.
    Only the AI had troubles with their engine. For me, the player, there were no problems at all. Lost 2% of my engine in a 20 minutes race with standard setup.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Member AMS2 Club Member

I really like the Formula Junior currently. Excellent sensations, excellent ffb and excellent sound. This is the way Reiza :):hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it me or the American spotter sounds really grumpy?
    That man has zero sense of humor and would rather play video games at home than repeat the same blurbs over and over :D.

Joke aside, there is a combo that I would highly recommend: a race with the P1 Gen 2 Nissan on "Auto club Speedway Sports Car Course" (Fontana).
    That track has a great layout with interesting curbs and some bumpy sections that are good fun. I recommend the Nissan because unlike other cars of its class, it has no TC/ABS (but still has DRS that you must not forget to spam) which spice things up a bit. But beware the possible unrecoverable slide if being too optimistic or aggessive in a curb (especially after a few laps) !

• Like Like x 3
  16. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's been reported already, but RX AI in dense traffic situations has audio crackle like there's no tomorrow.
    The only thing that still has audio crackle on my end.
    This class is fantastic at something like Hock' short. Once they're tuned up to pace, they'll eat up all my wheel time I bet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Alex Couri

Alex Couri Member AMS2 Club Member

Passing by to say thank you for the 1.5 update. I did some quick races in the Indy500 against A.I. and they were so much fun! AMS 2 is achieving the impossible, being a complete simulator of mixed, historic, dirt and oval tracks!

A single issue is the drop in FPS with many cars on the grid (33 in the case of the Indy 500), there could be an option to view fewer cars and gain FPS, here's the suggestion.

p.s. The native spotter looks great!

20230730170954_1.jpg

20230730172109_1.jpg

:hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep. I have reported this at the bug reports. It comes from the opponent cars, if you disable the opponent car volume then the issue is solved. The VW Polo gives the most audio crackle, it's completely distorted indeed, so at rallycross I turn all opponent car volume off, that's the only remedy until this is fixed. But yes the RX cars/rallycross(tracks/dirt) are amazing and the Formula Dirt too, the best rallycross ever made in sim racing imo.

One other issue that I have is that the Ascurra race track is a bit to demanding at the corner with the high jungle, I always get fps drops there, it would be great if this could be optimzed. Visually the 3 RallyCross tracks are also one of the best tracks of AMS2 also since there are minimal flickering textures in VR compared to most other tracks.

This would be great indeed! Agree, the F-USA 2023 car is amazing, one of my fav's for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yup cannot wait the RX AI on regular asphalt tracks is made competitive, because it is a train-wreck currently. There are plenty of smaller tracks where the RX cars are fantastic and Hock Short is one of them.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Chillblast

Chillblast Active Member AMS2 Club Member

so, in regard to having the inner and outer tire temp difference of about 10c do you mean at no point during a lap should the temps difference be greater than 10c or should you choose a ref point on the track and note the temps there?