Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Forgive me if this has been resolved in a previous post, but it isn't coming up in searches...

Has the halo column transparency feature been added? !'m sure someone said it has, but I can't see the option.

Thank in advance! :D

2. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes. Options -> Gameplay -> Display -> HIDE HALO STEM.
    Also works for the dirt car with the massive mesh on the front.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

GPU and CPU Temps are low 80's. that would'nt explain the clockwork freezing though. If it was triggered by some timed event on my PC, then it would happen at random times during my race sessions depending on when I hit start.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Thank you so much! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i've only had freezes in MP, my research (basically googlin it) came to a thread where it was found that the rating system was causing it, which matched up with my experience, the only 2 times i raced MP with rating enabled i had freezes

6. uelas77

uelas77 Member

about the freeze problem... adding my 2 cents. Could it be HPET (High Precision Event Timer)? It depends on the system, it needs to be disabled both in BIOS and Device Manager, if that's the case. I have never experienced it.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Apex

Apex Active Member

Is the front anti-roll bar in the F-Vintage Gen 2 Model 1 not supposed to be adjustable anymore? Kinda hard to set up when we can only adjust the rear.

8. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I experience a small freeze each time I touch a cone or an object... I had the same issue in PC2 :(

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

As far as I understand, it happens because the deformed panels aren’t pre-loaded into memory. The assets are loaded from the HDD to the GPU ram to be loaded in place of the intact parts, which causes a short freeze. The quicker your drive (hdd, ssd, m2) the smaller the freeze.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is great info (but bad design decision IMHO). I will migrate AMS2 to my faster drive.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

Can confirm, I moved my install from my external drive to my computer’s Solid State internal drive and I haven’t experienced a stutter since.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

I think it's a lesser evil choice freeing up memory for other things meaning better graphics or something else. Pretty much everyone praises the graphic performance of AMS2 (and PC2 too) and it comes from decisions like this and it's part of the reason why it's so smooth in VR. And from that angle I'd say it's a good design decision :cool:

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Ended up in a McLaren test day somehow; McLaren F1 GTR & GT3 were *excellent*, and the McLaren Senna felt quite normal now, which is fun.

Oh and the Sauber Group C; felt fairly similar to me? Definitely not a bad thing :D Certainly not planted like suggested in the dark, dangerous part of the forum :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Oh wow, that is a shockingly insightful explanation to this issue. I have this when I have damage on and I crash into a wall, a small delay before the damage model sets in. Really good explanation! I'll try seeing if I can open some space on my SSD for AMS :D

15. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

God damn i'm having fun with this update. The cars all drive fantastic even though there are some things left to be improved upon.

Regardless that don't matter since i'm having so fun. Left with a big grin on my face!
    So excited about the future!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  16. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

Also I don't really know how to explain it but I do get that rubber feeling that I remember getting in RF2. You know when you're midcorner in a medium/highspeed corner and it feels like the wheel is squiggling back and forth on the tyrewall. Probably bad explation but I just LOVE the sensation of it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ascurra Dirt is weird with those dirt walls. It's a really nice track, but I really feel a lack of polish clearly visible especially with those dirt bankings on the outside, I don't even want to complain the looks of those (really low poly look with lack of details), but it's the second or third time when my car is just getting through the track hitboxes and clipping into the textures.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Fourth time actually xd ss222433.jpg
    Ok nvm, every single dirt-wall is bugged on this track, I can clip through any of those it seems
    [​IMG]

You can actually skip half of the track like in a Mario Kart shortcut just going through the wall xD
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 5
  19. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I tried to have a quick go on the new dirt tracks and had no idea where I was going lol

Think I'll try following the AI around :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I started a championship with a stock car 2023 reduced the whole distance a bit then went to drive on free practice and the car was undrivable spinning like it was driving on ice, and undesteering on corner entries (ai without problems) then I tried the gt1 championship on a r390 and had the same issues and in both instances the tires started overheating very easily and the front tires would lock up even on a straight

then I drive the same Nissan on Jerez 1988 on test day mode and the car behaved like it should only locking the front tires or oversteering on throttle when I was clearly overdriving it.

is that a bug?

• Agree Agree x 1