Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. dMASS

dMASS Member AMS2 Club Member

@Danielkart made some changes to give a greater scrub effect. had to push it alot higher since I kept fx at 10 as I was happy with the other effect volumes, also gave it a higher freq.

dropped bump scale a decent amount too to clean up that skipping feeling I didn't like so much. few other changes, log below daniel v100 settings rev1.jpg daniel v100 settings rev1 dmass changelog.jpg

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. dMASS

@Kuku Maddog funny after all the messing about trying neew values, I went and tried your latest one with no changes to the custom, and it was so much better than where I ended up lmao. was fun learning a few things, but I think I'll stick with yours and spend some actual time on the track hehe

• Like Like x 4
  3. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wanted to say thank you for the great FFB-files you have provided! I'm sure it took a lot of time and effort. I've been using them with the G29, Fanatec CSR and now Asetek La Prima. The feeling has been great on all those wheelbases, imho! So, a BIG thank you:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

The ideia is too use damping_slider variable which depends on damping setting in menu, it changes from 0-1 (0-100 in settings).
    Imagine you have damping set to 10. Go to the line with damping_slider and replace it with 0.1.
    Now you can use damping_slider to change wherever you are fine tuning, you just go back to menu, change value, resume to track.
    In fact, there are files that use this to other purposes, like power steering.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I also find Kuku's the best file. It is subtle but informative, the FFB feels natural very much like Rfactor 2 FFB.

@Kuku Maddog in your previous file before the 1.5 update the centre of my wheel felt tighter, what parameter would I need to change in the new file to tighten up the centre of my wheel.

6. dMASS

Maybe steer_spring_strength or centering. @Kuku Maddog were those changed for 1.5?

7. dMASS

@Kuku Maddog was it

(sa_delta_rack (* (/ 1 (* dt 333)) (- steering_angle_rack old_sa_rack)))
    (sa_delta_l (* (/ 1 (* dt 333)) (- steering_angle_l old_sa_l)))
    (sa_delta_r (* (/ 1 (* dt 333)) (- steering_angle_r old_sa_r)))
    changed from 600 to 333?

or maybe

(rack_friction (* damping 0.8))
    changed from 1.0?

8. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

with the tires being better or less stiff feeling , I find no need for the 600 alteration anymore , and it’s tighter around rotation moments without it .

friction value is only minor , nothing a couple more clicks of damping slider wouldn’t restore.

Oversteer and understeer scales were lowered , which could feel lighter around centre perhaps , could add 0.2 on both and see if it helps .

I’ve found some velocity res values that feel better while sticking to normal values , and still maintaining the effect of resistance gradually getting less as the speed increases but reduces loosening of center .
    but haven’t widely tested different vehicles yet as focused on an upcoming race and time is limited .

I can’t remember of the top of my head what they are , will check later or maybe just upload .

• Like Like x 1
  9. dMASS

nice! looking forward to it. good luck with the race

10. Kuku

further testing reminded me why I went the way I did previously.
    with Fast formula cars like the G2 I don't like the way the steering would get stiff and over sensitive as you reach high speed using regular values. it robs you have fidelity and feels unnatural imho.

I've kept it the same way as before, but added some more center full to counteract any looseness.
    returned a couple of scales to my preference, so you might need to adjust to suit you.

I've packed it all together with Read Me file that was missing and will post below.
    This should do me until 1.6 update :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. dMASS

Legend! I'll try it out out soon. I revisited your pre 1.5 custom and the centre feels perfect there, I think if you can get the centre feel back like that with the way your post 1.5 custom is now it would be perfect

12. Kuku

Last ( I'm reasonably sure ;)) edit of post 1.5 update rFuktor 5.0.1.3 Kuku Tune.

Fully compatible with all content, easily adjustable and tunable to suit your taste and wheel base.
    Thanks to Reiza team :hurrayreiza: for for great work on 1.5 update and balancing the new content and FFB adjustments to be consistent with what we are used too, which helps immensely.
    and Thanks again to @Karsten Hvidberg & co for the foundation which just keeps on doing the job.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  13. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

What would you say are the differences between your file and danielkart’s one?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. dMASS

For me the standout difference is the grip loads and tire connection to the track

15. Racinglegend1234

In what way? I don’t fully understand

16. dMASS

Weight in the wheel and scrub texture when turning

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
  17. Racinglegend1234

Ah ok. Thanks for the info and will check it out

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. dMASS

Brilliant work man! thankyou kuku custom settings dd2 post 1.5.jpg

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Here's my final file for 1.5, there are some radical changes that work well for the old csw 2.5 belter, hopefully there's still some out there to give it a go as I like how it turned out.Turn the ffb down to about 70 in the rx set up menu and it works well for those as well.
    Warning: Not suitable for DD wheels, as there are reports of oscillations.
    Edit: Uploaded tweaked file.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  20. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been using your tweaked file with my Thrustmaster TX and it feels pretty good, looking forward to trying out your new one.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1