1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Try the Medium Messing (Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations).
    I'm using ACELITH formula wheel mod, 28cm.

Please, report what you think of it (make sure you have BOOST off).

upload_2023-7-30_9-49-10.png

upload_2023-7-30_9-53-1.png

upload_2023-7-30_9-56-0.png

• Like Like x 3
  2. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Member AMS2 Club Member

3. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

@Mikdream the tighten range was for losse center on low end wheels. i stiil use it. you can keep it 0.0.

4. NBrembo

NBrembo Member

*loose center

5. R48

R48 New Member

Is there a particular setting I can change to increase the feel of the wheel tightening under increased grip from aero?

6. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Very nice rig, congrats!

I`m happy with dk`s v90 2-5Nm but I`ll for sure give a try to that Medium Messing when not too lazy.

Interesting you running 100% gain at base and 75% ingame and yes, I`ve read about this in the forum or elsewhere but when I tried 75% at base and 100% ingame resulted in very heavy stress to my wheel in the short term. I`ll give a try to your setting.

Sorry to point maybe a little thing but, while using TM TX, our bases share the same driver package and there is a recent update.

Thank you!

7. Joaquim Pereira

Thrustmaster driver, basically, has no settings (the "Detailed Gain Setting" do nothing in modern sims), so the experience should be very consistent among users, leaving only personal "feel" preferences to diferent interpretations.
    That said, I like the feel a lot and, believe me, the belt can transmit lots of detailed info (unless we are simulation a wheel rim crashing into something, a car tyre cannot produce high frequencies behond TS-PC can produce.

My wild guess is wheelbase drivers get info directly from telemetry and that allow an almot infinite number o
    You need to keep an eye in FFB clipping indicator (tyre temps/suspension OSD).
    If the last bar (>100% FFB) often shows up, you're clipping and you need to reduce global gain (or car specific gain). It can/should barely shows up on high suspension stress situations (kerbs on a high speed turn, for instance), but not any further.
    It doesn't matter what wheelbase you have (20Nm DD or a G27), do increase low FFB gain to get those small textures/details noticeable and "fill" the whole range. Of course, a 20Nm can show small details easily, but it will break your wrist on a sausage kerb, so it's sensible to reduce max wheel force and that could give space for some increase in low force FFB gain.

About the rig, thanks.
    Here it is in it's natural/usual environment (dark room).
    upload_2023-7-30_14-57-34.png

Last edited: Jul 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you!

While of course that your new files are always welcome, what makes me the happiest is that when you released V80 you said you did not feel well with your health. So this means you have recovered? That's the most important thing here :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. PiccoloLost

PiccoloLost New Member

I have a Thrustmaster Tx300 and with the Default+ settings the new RX dirty tracks were feeling like normal. I was very disappointed as I really wanted to enjoy the new Adrenaline DLC for AMS2. Then I tried the just released custom files. This was a game changer. The new dirty tracks came alive. Now I can feel the dirty road in my wheel. Of course, I am still in the process of learning how to drive on it. The Citroën looks the easier car, great car for learning and a lot of fun.

10. Joaquim Pereira

(deleted, just a keyboard mistake)

11. manicminer

manicminer New Member

@Danielkart love your ffb but what can I change to feel a constant vibration from the road/engine? and how do I lower the 'heavy' feeling of the wheel? thx

EDIT - Think I found them..
    (engine_scale_at_speed 1.0) #WAS 0.0
    and
    (force_scale (* 1.3 (/ 0.23 centering))) #WAS 1.7

Last edited: Jul 31, 2023
  12. SlowAssDave

SlowAssDave CrazyCanuck (CASS) AMS2 Club Member

Hey everyone,

Since we now have a split between rally and non-rally DK files I wrote a little .bat file to let you swap without having to go through all the steps to do it manually.

First thing you need to do is go to the AMS2 documents folder and create to folders called

rally
    notrally

in these you'll add the appropriate ffb_custom_settings.txt files.

in the rally folder open the .txt file and copy the following line to paste at the top of the ffb file

# rallyrally

hit save and create a new .txt file

paste this code in it and save it as a .bat file

@echo off
    findstr /c:"rallyrally" ffb_custom_settings.txt
    if %errorlevel% neq 1 (
    copy "notrally\ffb_custom_settings.txt"
    echo msgbox "Tarmac Mode" > %tmp%\tmp.vbs
    wscript %tmp%\tmp.vbs
    del %tmp%\tmp.vbs
    ) else (
    copy "rally\ffb_custom_settings.txt"
    echo msgbox "Rally Mode" > %tmp%\tmp.vbs
    wscript %tmp%\tmp.vbs
    del %tmp%\tmp.vbs
    )

save it in the automobolista 2 folder (not in any subfolders)

You can name it what you like. for instance

ffbswap.bat

Should look like this in the documents/automobolista 2 folder (with all the other stuff of course)

rally (folder)
    notrally (folder)
    ffb_custom_settings.txt
    ffbswap.bat

when you run it, it will check for the rallyrally line, and if present, will swap to the tarmac file, and vice versa. It will also tell you what mode you have swapped to. Tarmac or Rally.

Happy lapping.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Another alternative is to download JSGME and place it in your Documents folder. Then create a Mods folder in the Documents Folder. In that Mods Folder create a different folder for each of the Custom files you might want to use. (I like to try quite a few and swap between them.) Then you just have to start JSGME, pick the file you like, and leave it running. You can then change to any of your Custom files. (You can also put different triple monitor settings in the Mods Folder if you experiment with them to try and get your triples spot on.) Unfortunately, AMS2 still has to be closed to change files.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. dMASS

dMASS Member AMS2 Club Member

It would be a much more seamless experience if we could have custom1-10 selectable within the ingame ffb type instead of only 1 custom, and say within each custom ffb file we have an custom_ID 1-10 so the link is made.

This way we don't have to keep adjusting strength/lfb/fx/damping for each various custom when we load it in. Perhaps when we load into ams2 the game knows which custom is loaded by the ID and automatically will select the correct ingame custom1-10 settings

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato mentioned some performance issues when they tried to run with more than one custom FFB in the game. Obviously, dev work could mitigate this, but like any new feature, it'll need to get priority. Automobilista 2 November 2021 Development Update Part 2

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. dMASS

Ahh, that's a shame

17. Joaquim Pereira

That's ok, but custom files once were (still are?) a major contributing factor for AMS2's popularity.
    I believe the current state of affairs in both FFB and tyres are pretty good, so they can redirect resources to other areas of the sim.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
  18. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I use a custom file, so there's no need to convince me of their relative importance. I didn't mean to imply that it didn't deserve priority; I was just stating it would need it.

19. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hi guys! I'll get back to you because there were questions in my "private chat" for the new custom files.
    Why isn't there a "Motion-tactile File" for people with Motion or Buttkicker hardware? I deliberately didn't post any more, there is a simple solution for this. Take the file for your base and just reduce the in-game value FX. This way you will get less FFB feedback and the motion or buttkickers will simulate this. FX is a very good and powerful control in the Customs. It controls the vertical vibrations generated by the tire during heavy slip. He is also responsible for the powertrain. It also scales and simulates chassis effects. For this reason, the FX value must also be set higher in the new "Ralley files".
    Why are there these additional rally files and can't they be written into one file? In my opinion this is no longer possible. These new cars and tracks are a new and different genre (rally) for me. Here it was no longer possible to enter into a compromise. There would be disturbances in a single file. I hope I was able to answer these questions. The subject of physics and FFB can be very divisive, but in the end it's just a game. On that note, be nice to each other and enjoy the game (simulation ;))

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. dMASS

@Kuku Maddog I had a few more days to really sink my teeth into your latest custom. Ended up keeping everything as you had it and just lowered texture_scale to 0.6.

Changes made in game
    gain dropped from 65 to 45
    lfb dropped from 10 to 0
    damping raised from 30-40

Changes dd2
    increased ffb strength from 55 to 70 (monitoring nm on wb, trying to keep hairpin turns to peak at 13-14nm)
    increased INT from 0 to 1 to smoothen out the texture whilst keeping your ffb as is
    FEI dropped to 80 again to smoothen out sharpness

• Like Like x 2