Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Do you understand what type of differential is in the SuperV8? It's not a nice piece of equipment for any normal driving or fun. It is installed in the cars to make them difficult to control. Yes, the Aussies and Brazilians do this on purpose quite regularly...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I am sorry to be grumpy, but I also cannot believe anyone is trying to do doughnuts or complaining about doughnut behaviour if using auto-clutch. It's hard enough to get realistic behaviours in sim cars when everything is set to authentic. If, for whatever reasons, you prefer or need to use aids of any kind, be reasonable with your expectations.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Some cars are just not set up to do donuts well and indeed don't feature enough diff lock to go pedal to the metal to do donuts, some cars are unloading one of the rears in that scenario and it can also make them stop, some cars are indeed quite grippy on fresh tires....and sometimes it's just a matter of how to do it properly.
    Not each car likes to do perfect circles like the screenshot a few posts above.

Anyway - setting cars up to do donuts shouldn't be prioritized over making them drivable in their baseline, i hope that might be understandable.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Any chance that the Barcelona layout as used in early 90's F1 will be implemented? :whistle:;)

Barcelona.jpg

Last edited: Aug 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I watch V8 Supercars, I know what they run... They are easy to flick spin... They are easy to break traction on...

Here's a video of a simple flick spin... Barely had to rev it as it didn't reach the limiter...

The above is currently impossible in AMS2 for me and many others even with a clutch...

AMS2 isn't driving fun with that much grip... The SuperV8 is better without a rear wing...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I literally uploaded a video, doing it.

Doesn't look necessarily hard to break traction...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I normally agree with you on physics stuff, but this is easy to do in the current build. Just dump the clutch and it immediately whips around, legit just tested it this morning.

I will say the torque in lower revs is a bit weird with this car, but almost every RWD car over 150hp can do this in game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

:whistle:

• Winner Winner x 30
    • Like Like x 14
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

That isn't the same AMS2 1.5.0.2 that I have access to...

Like I've been saying for a while now... Many of us have a bug that gives us too much grip in traction zones...

What you posted is literally impossible for me... There's little to no wheel spin before the engine starts dying...

I was on a lobby on Sunday with rain in the PCC and I had zero trouble with puddles giving me anything on the throttle to worry about... Even the 2 rivers going into the final corner at Snetterton weren't an issue... Slicks had zero issues with puddles outside of the bomb hole for me...

Others reported some issues with the puddles on the chat afterwards... Whilst one driver started on a soaked track with slicks on and made the podium against drivers on wets... In the slower class...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

There is a bug on current release that is now fixed in Beta, and will be deployed as a hotfix soon that addresses final gear ratio being different in some circunstances than what they should be - this is at the root of people finding car to change top speed after going to setup screen for ex.

I´m not sure that´s at the root of your problem, but I recommend double checking it upon hotfix release.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Is there any priority on getting the "timekeeping-bug" fixed before resetting the Time Trial leaderboards?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

I’d love to know the plan going forward with AMS2 , Are we going to see it fleshed out with some nice features like trackside flag display boards , More tweaks to ai for things like errors and big mistakes or is it more towards content and filling out existing categories.
    There is so much I really like about AMS2 and it’s now the Sim I find myself loading up the most but I do miss the big grids of RF2 and the mid session saves from ACC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Just taking a shot in the dark but, in regards to the donuts, do you have auto-clutch on by any chance?

14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, that is exactly it, i wonder why it allows mecto donut in the firsy place then? I don't know the ins and outs of clutches

15. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Will the :whistle: track feature a seasonal baren / agricultural look like it did for its inaugural race in the same vein as Nords 1971 does? :D

I remember the track had dark dirt in large parts of the inside perimeter for the inaugural race and it gave it a unique look. Maybe the different camera angles in 1991 also contributed to the fact that the track was so different looking.

16. F1Aussie

I am not being grumpy about it, was genuinely curious about it, I have no idea how autoclutch works in rhe sim or in real life or if that was even linked to it. It is interesting that with auto clutch it allows you to do donuts, then stops you, then let's you do them again.

17. F1Aussie

Any chance of the nurburgring gp layout from the 1990s before the horrible new opening to the lap?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. F1Aussie

I don't set them up for donuts but just occasionally have some fun trying to do them on the cooldown lap.

19. Commandant Lassard

Commandant Lassard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly! Nobody is setting up a car to do donuts!!! just reporting some unnatural feeling which happened as a result. Im struggling to understand how the rear of a car regains the grip so abruptly while the rear tyres are spinning? What is the counter acting force? And why does the steering jolt when it does so?

20. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Depending upon the diff type/setup, the circular momentum drops off.