Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

So because YOU think I dont get that ;) then its not relevant Im implying that implementing a new reasonable basic MP system/code in AMS2 has nothing with bullocs like launch a mission to the moon.
    Because I admit that would probably be impossible for the Reiza team.

ByTheWay: I can garantee that I wouldnt dare to be a passenger if they did:p

• Like Like x 1
  2. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

Sure, but the MP system is bundled and likely heavily intertwined with the rest of the Madness Engine.

What I'm saying is that if Reiza could fix it altogether already they would have done so. But it seems a very demanding task with lots of code to rewrite, similar to the effort required to send stuff to the moon :)

Hope it's clear now :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been driving "sims" since Revs in 1985 and this afternoon I had the best races against ai in all those years, it was almost trippy. Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

the ai with the rx cars is still too slow and at spa (RX) they still crash into the left wall at racing start

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, the AI (at least for me) has gotten to a point where I find it pretty amazing. Hopefully something can be done about the cooldown lap, but I am sure in time it will come.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Alegunner68

One thing about them that annoys me is when they overtake you they pull in front of you instantly, causing unpleasantness. But apart from that they're really good now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They are pretty good, but still have some issues, mainly in their AI vs AI. The car behind seems to get super brakes and they always close on the car in front when braking into slow corners, even when they are overall slower.
    It's one of the main issues in creating the annoying race long 2 car battles separated by three tenths. Among other already know and noted issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Alegunner68

Delete.

9. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Sick!! Been on my wishlist for the longest time! Looks great now in VR with the added electronics, stickers and airhose with working physics! The SC brazil were great long before 1.5, but man.... Just something else now.
    This is one of so many occasions where something just casually rolls out like that, practically unnoticed... But much, much appreciated.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Racing at Cascavel, I noticed that the trailing edge of the hood/bonnet (i.e., the edge of the hood you see from inside the cockpit looking out) in the Stock Car Pro Series 2023 Cruze exhibits a weird visual oscillation when driving over kerbs and grass. Not present in the Corolla or the previous-Gen cars. Other than that, the car drives great.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

On the new stockcar cruze, the bonnet seems to shake a lot when going over kerbs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

What I took a novella to say, you said in a haiku, @projupiter!

The Lotus 23 and ‘74 RSR both drive fantastic on my antiquated hardware. The recent round of tweaks and tunes by Reiza seem to be only positive, even when rendering judgment of the basic, barebones FFB profile. That being said, the F-Reiza with the basic Reiza FFB profile exhibits persistent, excessive overall Gain at Imola, whereas the same car with the Default+ profile at Imola does not.

13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

stock car 2023 cruze in vr has driver legs which are clipped into the seat

14. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Can't play AMS2 right now so how does the new Cruze model look? I remember I always had an issue with the model being off compared to the real thing (far shorter and more aggressive compared to the real one's droopier, longer look, see iRacing's model of it for a more accurate example) so I'm wondering if it's a total remodel or just the 20-22 one tweaked a little?

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a completely new model.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We are having some trouble with them that will require some extra coding, there might another hotfix next week for it.

• Informative Informative x 14
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Plenty of updates to MP? The first I recall were just now with 1.5, an auto advance feature that still needs tweaking and improvements to the netcode which we didn't really notice on user end. And that's in 3 years almost.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Talking Group C's: they're much better than before, not perfect IMO, but much better. They feel less glued to the track on the front end with some nice oversteer on corner exit if you push them too much.

There's a couple of things that I've noticed however,

1. Is it just me or the ffb in the porsche feels kinda wobbly on the straights? it's nothing major but the porsche is the only car that feels like that to me, the others feel solid and planted on the straights but not the porsche. If I try to turn right or left on the straight I seem to get a heavy pendulum efect, maybe it's setup? idk

2. The rear, specially on corner entry feels a little bit too planted, Breaking hard while turning into a 2nd-3rd gear corner and when you think the rear is going to let go, it doesn't. Seems like the only punishment you get is understeer. May have to drive them more but this is the impresion that I got with default setup.

Other than those 2 things the rest feels pretty good to me, every car has it's own personality which makes them enjoyable to drive in their own rights.

Like others have mentioned, the gt3's are massively improved, so are the GTE's, and the new interiors and model's of the 2023 stock cars look fantastic! :):)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rober

Rober Member

You guys release new cars for free in a hotfix like is nothing. I get the physics doesn't change a lot but it has different tyres and is a different model. Other companies charge for everything. I have lost the count of free cars in AMS2.
    And they feel awesome now by the way, I'm loving current update, even better than the first 1.5 release, don't know what to drive next, thanks!

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 5
  20. Iuri_Rein

Iuri_Rein Active Member AMS2 Club Member