Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

It wasn't a statement, it was a question. See the question mark?

You said it is the same as it was last month, either Reiza lied about updating it, or it is different. So what I said stands, it is being/has been worked on, or you think they lied to us.

That is why it was a rhetorical question.

2. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

IMO, until Dedicated Server code gets re-written, P2P will have the upper hand in performance, like it had on AMS2 all this time. Overall performance may have improved (in my experience, it has improved), but the whole online scheme has not been redone for that to change.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If I disrespected you then I am sorry as that was not what I meant to do. The point of my post was to point out that not everyone has the time or is able to race online as you stated in your post that everyone who has a rig plays online which is not true. That's it.

Again I'm sorry if I offended you and if I did which it seems like I did them I'm sorry and again it was not my intent.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  4. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm very curious about this now. We suspended our AMS2 league racing due to the many issues we experience using our dedi but in August we are doing single sprint races on request of the peeps in our Discord including some AMS2 ones again, so might as well give it a shot and see what gives as we don't need to track the results for those.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I've been sim racing since REVS on the c64. Pretty much bought them all except iRacing. I play exclusively single player (and now VR). Never raced online (with perhaps a couple of exceptions over the years), don't care to either. When I want a race, I just fire one up and go. Quit whenever I like without ramification. Play whatever track/car combo takes my fancy.

I typically do hotlaps, Test and quick race. I set timescale in race to 60x so I can see the sun rise and set. I usually start at back of grid and work my way to the front. I race in all sorts of weather.

I never had to deal with online players or worry about online reputation ranking. Fits in best with the rest of my responsibilities in life.

Only speaking for myself but more than happy if Reiza tune MP so others can enjoy AMS2 just as much as I do.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 6
  6. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, reading some posts, I smile, no one here has said that they want an MP from iRacing, God forbid.

"ricxx" even called a vote for how to use the Sim, but I want to understand something, who ever said that REIZA has to leave out the SP to dedicate himself to the MP? Ricxx stating that much since there are few users in MP, and then little development needs to be devoted.
    1- it's not the vote you do on this forum, by the way a small portion, that determines how many people use the SP or MP.
    2- the development of the MP does not burden the SP side
    3-I am a player who uses MP when he can, but I also use the SP several times between practices and race simulations, and therefore it makes no sense to say: "since there is a maximum of 20% of users who use MP , then it doesn't make sense to develop it because that's okay too "ricxx statement".
    Then if we want to tell the whole story, looking at the small portion of users who participated in the vote, he says that 50% of users play in MP. So it's not a few percentages in MP looking at this little survey.

7. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely nothing happened!!! I hope that at least the fantastic driving model created by Renato and his team can give you more and more the possibility of detaching yourself from home and giving you adrenaline-filled driving satisfaction.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Happy Dad 242

Happy Dad 242 New Member

Excellent work..!!!
    With reference to the new cockpit model for Stock Car Pro Series, can you adjust the steering wheel for the Toyotas up about an inch please? With the update the wheel is now just out of screen. Make it just a little higher to be on par with the Chevys. I see the upward adjustment slot for the wheel shaft is actually there already, perhaps you can let us have an adjustment option if persons like it off screen.
    Thanks again.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Sorry, I didn't think I had to be specific with this audience @mister dog.

So sorry, there is never a time when there are 9,000 customers simultaneously racing at iRacing. Sure, there are times when there are that many logged in to the system doing who knows what, but that is hardly relevant for any part of the discussion here. You can re-read some of the many prior times these online user stats were explained and debated--I'm not going to clog this thread repeating them,

That's why you, like everyone else, still has issues finding populated races. If there were actually thousands of people online and racing, this wouldn't be a problem.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ohh it does. So much so that sometimes I forget I'm in VR....

I have moved my hand off the wheel (irl) so I can get a better look at the rear camera and then question why it didn't move.... Of that's right I'm in VR and those hands/ arms won't move.... :oops:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. mister dog

Very true but that also counts for the numbers on steam charts as it basically just counts players online ingame, so the comparison stays more or less relevant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

The game population numbers would benefit a lot if you guys stopped arguing about the state of the game in this forum and played the game more like the rest of us :D

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. mister dog

Arguing is what forums are for!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the issue is because Reiza is such a small team, if they move someone form doing X work into working on the multiplayer, then the sim overall progress will suffer because of it.

I don't care for online, I have not played even 1 minute of it, but I do know that a healthy online system is a must for any competitive sports game/sim. I will not go into a debate of how good or bad the online is, as I have no idea. But I do think that the overall direction of the game is skewed towards single player gameplay.

15. Johnny37

Johnny37 Member AMS2 Club Member

guys, I'm trying to record a replay from one of the onboard cameras, but it keeps automatically changing between all of the onboard cameras,
    is there a "auto cicle" camera option that I'm not aware? is there a way to just keep it on the same camera? is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

16. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hm.

Back when I was complaining Reiza was pumping too much content and too little MP improvements, somewhere in 2020 or 2021, the usual response was "different teams, different pipelines, one doesn't hinder the other".

17. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

It was the same argument that was used when people said that something wasn't right with the physics in the game. And lo and behold after 1.5 many changed their opinion. Even Renato said before 1.5 that if you don't like the physics then maybe AMS2 isn't for you. I have always found this weird because they are still digging in the engine to see what is possible with it and also how to get around it in some places.
    I think we see the same situation with multiplayer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I personally don't see the fun of driving against AI compared to driving to real drivers. The only benefit is that you have "free choices" in track/weather/time/car combi but it will never be as realistic(and fun) as driving to other drivers. The most fun is, for me, always in multiplayer. So I almost only race in the public lobbies of AMS2, this since the VR and driving experience of AMS2 just stands out compared to all other sims(especially now after 1.5).

But the bugs and limitations are always bothering me:
    - lobbies that get broken, not once but one in 3-4 lobbies after a few racers(or when the host quite), it happens when I race for a few hours almost on a daily basis.
    - the fact that it's still impossible to join ~7mins before the race starts(2 mins before end of quali+3 mins until last driver finished their lap + 2mins until everyone is "ready"))
    - the large stutters/freezes that happen especially in ranked races(there's a whole thread about this somewhere on this forum, it's proven that it happens way more often with "ranked" servers), I just wish that ranked got removed for that reason, it adds nothing but it causes "lag"
    - the fact that if Steam has a problem with it's connection (disconnects), that AMS2 also disconnects so then you lose ~70 rating points
    - the fact that you never see who is a ghost and who isn't, until ~5-10 meters? distance, this causes a lot of crashes in quali's because many drivers "assume" that someone is a ghost so they just crash into you
    - if the host of a lobby quits, then the next host cannot change the car, there's no logic in that
    - pressing the button back on a joined lobby brings you back to the main screen, instead of the server browser for unknown reasons
    - once you join a MP server, I ALWAYS have to press 2 times the camera button to get into the car

I think most MP racers out there are borthered by these issues/limitations. Most of the issues above here can be solved. I don't know how much work goes into it, but it's all worth it.

But I don't understand the whole debate about it? What's the downside of improving the MP and fixing the bugs/limitations and improving the MP experience? How can you have something against it?

It seems that the "pro SP" drivers wants that MP gets ignored for unknown reasons. I don't see any reason for that at all. SP and MP should both be as good as they both can be.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Maxi Sabino

Maxi Sabino Member AMS2 Club Member

The restyled Sock Car Brasil 2023 looks very nice!;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Maxi Sabino

Maxi Sabino Member AMS2 Club Member

We need futures i.a upgrades. They have behavior so foolish, and they never make mistakes.

• Agree Agree x 1