Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Actually, a question for you guys. I was playing with the extra brake in the MP4 and it seemed like it was only functioning on one side, regardless of which direction I was turning, it brakes the rear right.

It may be just me misunderstanding its purpose but I thought it was meant to brake the inside rear. Is this a bug or normal behaviour?

Anyone else tried it recently or have any ideas?

2. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

If I remember correctly it is set to brake the inside wheel based on the number of corners for the track you are on. So if it has more right-handers than left-handers, the fiddle brake will only brake the right wheels. For tracks that have more left turns it will be the other way around.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Good eye yeah, will be sorted!

7 on the left

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Bizarre Formula

Ah interesting, that would make sense as it was on Spa, cheers for the reply. Shame it isn't based off the position of the steering wheel relative to the middle. Good to know though.

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Just so there are no misunderstandings: It was also done in real life the way it's done in AMS2. Only one side was permanently chosen for the extra pedal.

The search for the extra pedal

• Informative Informative x 9
  6. Bizarre Formula

How interesting, thanks for explaining, I wouldn't have ever expected that. Must have been incredibly tricky to get used to only using it when turning right. :D

7. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just double checked, its definately 9 on the left in my standard build (i.e. not BETA)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Welcome to the olden days of technology!! Today we wouldn't even think to do this unless it could be fully and electronically controlled. In those days, even a partially-working option that gave advantage was pursued because that's all they had to work with. Love that AMS 2 replicates some of these crazy innovations from the past (fan car, anyone?).

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

All day long.
    Was the first car I tried after 5+months away. Despite my new 'rubber' foot, with the months of updates esp the last its more addictive than ever.
    + Sim is so huge now, seems spoilt for choice! Nice work allround.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

If you had not given your examples folowing this then I would say you are plain wrong.
    Because humans does believe they do react rational - like in your comment here.
    But in reality they react more much more following their impulses/feelings - and then afterwards they use their reason to rationalise their choices.
    Exactly as your examples in your full post does show. :D
    Hehe your "glitches and irrelevant factors" does weight more than rational calculation if we are talking about humans.;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah but I guess nobody think its impossible to make such Sophys a bit less "concentrated" or "focused" approaching each and every corner.
    Just check out how bad an early Sophy are driving the C9 on Nordschleife.
    Fast yes but realistic no :whistle:

12. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Realistic is relative, it is more about the track limits and controlling being off-track. The AI is managing griploss off-track 100% perfectly every time and even gaining time out of it. So it's tracklimit abuse (or GT7s tracklimits in general as they are horrendous on many tracks) needs to be reduced. A real driver could theoretically do that lap too, but getting everything Sophy did together in the same lap with the off-tracks is just not achievable practically.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
  13. herakles

herakles Member

Can anybody tell me, when TT times will be reset?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Whenever Renato is telling us that it is being reset ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

I'd like to thank Reiza for a lovely version of the Indy GP track. So much better than the RF2 model, which I find very plain. Not my favorite track, but running the F-USA 2023 there after watching the real race was very fun. Although I don't like the layout, I always find I have exciting races there and the details on the new model make it a treat. Cheers.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. herakles

herakles Member

The latest update 1.5.0.4 tells us in the changelog:

AI:
    Adjustments to AI performance and behavior for ovals.

Is there any place, where we can trace the changes deeper? I'd really love to understand, what for example this sentence means in detail. So - can we find more than the infos given here in the forum?

17. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

AFAIK no.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Apex

Apex Active Member

To all intents and purposes I actually think Reiza have succeeded in delivering sufficient suspension of disbelief in the AI department.

Surely there's always room for improvement, and I'm aware the AI is not computing issues related to bread and milk, but messing with the custom files (especially consistency, stamina and defending), I think it's absolutely possible to design a credible and somewhat unpredictable grid.

With a little experimentation you can adjust each class to display an appropriate amount of inconsistency and minor mistakes while still avoiding major pile-ups in each race. That's pretty neat, I think.

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I recently started trying out the Procedural Career app. One of its available features is the generation of AI drivers with random values for all the customization attributes. I'm looking forward to seeing whether I'll notice a difference in classes I'm more familiar with.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  20. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

There are still too many problems with the AI, as they:
    - do not defend the inside lane when someone is behind them trying to make a pass
    - do not follow the car ahead to get a benefit from the draft
    - do not get penalites for cutting corners
    - do not pass the car ahead unless they are 125% clear and never take any risks even at the MAX aggression setting

Especially the problem of being so hesitant to go for that pass is what kills any interest in AI races i would have right now because this just makes no sense. If a player was in this situation they would go on the inside immediately and hold it there to attempt a pass. Meanwhile the AI nopes out.
    4565125348_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2