Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Jarousssss

Jarousssss New Member

Ahoj.jaké nastavení pro fanatec csl dd 8nm ve hře.thanks

2. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Test File For K-Tune users .
    Not widely tested, Very short on time at the moment.
    but enjoyed Pcup race with it :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I will give it a go

4. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I had a few hours with it, tried a variety of cars all of them felt really nice, the GT3s with the recent updates from Reiza felt especially good, the DTMs felt better than before with improved centre feel. Overall a nice improvement to the file seemed to be getting a little more feel from the front tires, and the tires felt somehow firmer but that maybe down to Reizas changes, although I did seem to feel it in cars unchanged by them i the latest update. I will try to test some of the slower cars tomorrow.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. RimasLeon

RimasLeon New Member

I can't test at the moment. But as I understand it, if the center has improved with GT3, then, as before, it seems to me that this is due to the lack of rigidity from the tire frame. I will definitely test the after the holidays and tell you how it looks. If the center is more rigid and accurate, it will be hands down.

6. dMASS

dMASS Member AMS2 Club Member

@Kuku Maddog tested the new custom with GT3/GT1/P1/P2 so far feels so well balanced, centre feels more present than before. Not sure if you changed a lot or if the revision to ffb put through on the last patch has made everything more consistent.

The only thing I would change if it's possible are the oscillations when letting go of the wheel, it doesn't matter that much since in practice I would never do that and can't sense any oscillation with the wheel in hand. I think this has been present in your custom since I started using it though, so not something that came in with the recent changes you've made

7. YuriRR

YuriRR New Member

@Kuku Maddog I just tried your file for the first time and I absolutely love how I can feel the tire grip change under braking and steering. However I have a strange issue that probably needs more testing on my end but I thought i'd share it in case it rings a bell for you or someone else reading this.
    I drove the Group C Chevy and the Porsche GT1 on Bathurst and noticed that in test day mode from lap 2 onwards I get a knocking sound and feel from my Simagic Alpha Mini. And it is too bad to continue driving like that, turning down FX to 20 or so removes the problem but then I miss the road texture feeling, curbs, grass etc. I like that relatively strong I suppose. However when I run a time trial this problem does not seem to occur even with a higher FX. I have not tried other cars yet so not sure if it is car related. Any thoughts as to where to look or what else to test? I will spend some time on my rig tonight. If I can get your tune working in my setup I would be very happy as this feels just perfect for me without the knocking ;-)

8. RDEstevao

RDEstevao New Member

Isn't that due to flatspots on your tyres?
    Try to set the flatspot to zero to check if that is your "problem"!
    Flatspots_scale is at 0.7, set it to 0 to try it out.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Could it be that you flat spotted the tires? Time trial tends to give more grip so maybe your not braking so hard, just a thought.

@Kuku Maddog I tried the Porsche 911 rsr 74 at Bannochbrae and I experienced the best most detailed FFB that I have ever felt in AMS2, very close to Rfactor 2s best feeling cars. I didnt get round to testing anything else because I was having so much fun.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Do you use any low force boost? If so you could try lowering it. This may reduce, remove the oscillations.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. dMASS

dMASS Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I have it at 10, haven't touched that in awhile so could be it. Thanks I'll test later tonight

12. Kuku

I’m still tinkering with micro adjustments when I can . Centre is better with slight shift in velocity scale.

I can’t really reproduce oscillating with hands off at all at my end , at the very worst it can be like a slight unbalanced wheel IRL feeling .

maybe it’s just a Fanatec thing , almost all complaints of Oscillating with Ams2 seem to be with them . but then I get it with defaults also .

13. Kuku

Yea it will be flat spots , I think that last file used an older template and was a bit high , I run it around 0.4 currently.
    You still feel it , but can just about survive a few laps with it . But ultimately you pay a price for flat spotting .

14. YuriRR

YuriRR New Member

Brilliant idea! Will test it tonight and report back!

15. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, I did a quick test with your FFB on CS2.5 with some vehicles, GT3, GTE and Formula Reiza.
    Accomplishments for your work the FFB is very consistent, road details and curbs and lateral force weight are felt very well.
    But I noticed that I can't feel the loss of grip on the rear, I don't have any information for that.
    But otherwise everything is excellent.

16. YuriRR

YuriRR New Member

Yes it were the flatspots! Amazing really, never felt that before. 1.5 with this custom ffb is fantastic, I am enjoying AMS2 very much right now! Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  17. YuriRR

YuriRR New Member

Ps I do get that shaking of the wheel when I let go of the wheel while driving. Its not a big problem but if I could get that tuned down or out it would be nice!

Have the Alpha Mini btw.

18. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey! Search for flatspots_scale in your FFB-file and change it to from 0.7 to 0.4 (as suggested by Kuku Maddog.) Or set it to 0.0 if you don't want to feel it at all.

EDIT: I guess it wasn't really what you were asking about...sorry :)

19. Kuku

That’s strange ,
    I can take both hands off the wheel and drive down straights no problem.

What are your settings in game and software .
    are you on the just released Simpro 2 software ?
    I haven’t tried it yet . i tend to treat the software updates with caution until they have been out longer.

20. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

No oscillations on my DD1 either...
    In game settings:
    Gain: 55
    LFB: 0
    FX: 17
    Damper: 0

Fanalab (Maurice' profiles):
    upload_2023-8-16_0-16-41.png

@Kuku Maddog, love the file, BTW :)