Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. IronManAB78

IronManAB78 Member

Actually, I play very similarly. Even if I am the hero of my own movie, that doesn't mean I want to pass 7-8 cars on lap 1. I like to make effort to achieve something, even if it is just against the AI.

2. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I always try to find the best difficulty setting where if i want to actually win then i have to put a monsterous consistent effort from start to finish.
    But at the same time if there is an AI exploit i can take advantage of like them not defending the inside of the corner, then i will not hesitate to take it.
    It is not my job to drive in a way where the AI is a challenge - the AI needs to be made where they are a fair challenge by the way they drive.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Basically how AMS2 offline racing goes for me...

Set AI strength to X, too slow, set AI strength to X+20, too fast, set AI strength to X+10 too slow, set AI strength to X+15, too fast, set AI strength to X+12, ok. Lost about 40 minutes trying to figure out a proper AI strength. It is tiring.

There is this "rule" that 1 point of strength is about 0.1s of pace or something, but it never works quite like that for me.

Then an update drops and I need to readjust the AI strength all over again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I'm probably one of those people :D I purchased a game on Steam for $49 to pretend to be a cool race car driver and have some fun driving the cars on race tracks I have never seen before and probably never will see in my real life.....and that's about it. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Mm yes.:)
    As frustrating as it may be for us its a reflection on constant improvements (above for instance) to them in search on nirvana or at least a better experience. I can't test but would like to hear any feedback on direct OP elements above.:)

6. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

And that is also why i pretty much quit racing against AMS2 for some time now because i would need a spread sheet for it in order to have an ideal experience.

7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

This latest hotfix includes a few more pressing fixes to v1.5 release, most relevant being Rallycross AI now is properly competitive.

V1.5.0.5 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Fixed Automatic by weather option notchanging tyres in pitstops
    • Fixed an audio related issue that could lead to CTD

UI & HUD
    • Fixed refresh and filter buttons bound to same key on MP browser page

PHYSICS
    • Further tire tread adjustments for Group C, GTE, GT3, GT Open, Kartcross, Rallcross, F-USA SW variants
    • Adjusted wet tire treads for GTE; F-Ultimate Gen1/2, F-Reiza, GT3, GT4, Super V8, P1, karts
    • Reduced dirty air effect on front wing for F-USA Gen1-3 & 2023 speedway configs
    • Minor aero adjustments for Mclaren 720S GT3, BMW M6, Nissan GT-R
    • Adjusted Traction control range for GTE & GT3 classes
    • Mclaren MP4/4: Minor aero adjustment
    • Slightly increased rear wing downforce for Rallycross, Kartcross
    • GT3: Further minor diffuser adjustments for all models in class
    • Group C: Further aero adjustments; adjusted diff lock per clutch
    • McLaren F1 GTR: corrected rear damper setting asymmetry

AI
    • Fixed a bug causing RX AI to randomly slow down in races
    • Adjusted AI throttle application for GTE, GT3, GT4, GT Open, F-USA oval variants;
    • AI wet weather performance calibration for F-Retro Gen2/3, F-Classic Gen1-4, F-V12, F-V10 Gen1/2, F-Reiza, F-Ultimate Gen1/2, Group C GT3, GT4, Super V8, P1 GTE, GT3, GT4
    • AI calibration pass for F-Classic Gen2
    • Further adjusted AI overtaking thresholds for F-USAs in speedway configurations
    • Slightly reduced AI hot lap performance boost

VEHICLES
    • F-Classic Gen1-4: Reduced incidence of sparks

Last edited: Aug 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 35
    • Winner Winner x 10
  8. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

@Renato Simioni I´m missing the the review of too restrictive closed setups in MP mode. Has this been postponed to 1.6?

9. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

First of all great changes to the AI on rallycross!

Did a couple of races in every RX track and on all of them the AI has gotten much faster, fast enough for someone like me, not a great rallycross driver to get smoked on 113 AI. But I've noticed a couple of things that are still damaging the racing:

1. AI brakes before a jump, I've seen this behaviour in every track that features a jump, big or small doesn't seem to make that much of a difference, the AI always breaks before taking it. I'm running medium aggresion, don't know if that makes any difference but there it is.

2. Sometimes the AI doesn't take the joker laps, don't know how or why this happens but in the races that I did at Hockenheim and Spa some of the AI cars did not take the joker.

3. Then there's problems in some tracks.
    - Barcelona, the joker lap limits are kinda broken, tried to take the joker 4 times, avoiding the white lines and in the 4 ocassions I got a track limit violation and joker invalidated
    - Hockenheim, got hit with a 21 second penalty without previous warning for too many corner cuts.. Don't know why that happened or where I got the corner cut, as far as I'm concerned I took the same line I always took
    - Nurburgring, the AI goes straight into the wall that separates the joker lap from the regular lap, again 113 difficulty, medium aggresion, if that helps

Then finally I'd say there's differences in speed between tracks, in tracks like Foz for example I'm able to keep up with the AI without being overpowered, in tracks like Tikki on the other hand the AI completely destroys me. I think the reason may be the AI lines in some tracks are not as optimal as they should be, sometimes I see them take really wide lines into corners and losing time.

Like I said, other than this, massive improvement over what we had before!

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What do you mean with “AI goes straight into the wall”? They crash there? Always?
    How can they get good lap times then?
    Just asking, because I haven’t tried this last version but in the prior versions they always crashed/spun in last sector of Barcelona RX track for example which ruined the racing experience…

11. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well it's a tendency, happens mostly on the first lap when they're all bunched up, when they run alone they can get good laptimes because they run very close to the wall without touching it for example. It's a matter of self preservance.

What you mention in barcelona for example I've also noticed one driver behind me making a mistake and spining around, but then again it was only 1 guy and AI mistakes, that don't happen every lap, aren't a bad thing IMO.

12. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Their speed is good now actually, at least for me, not that fast RX driver, did a 40.8 which was .1 faster than the AI at 100%. Seems to be a AI lines issue on the race only, I tested their overall speed, did not try a race and they did not crash.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the dev update makes more sense since we already have GTE in the game

as if the prototypes are gonna be from this year or next year I don’t think it makes much of a difference unless you are hoping for the isotta to come cuz we haven’t seen any alpine here yet, lambo it’s very unlikely to come due to how expensive they are to license (Raceroom and Rf2 even have Ferrari but no lambo), I’d say that the Porsche, BMW and Cadillac LMDh are almost certain to come sadly can’t be sure about the other cars (would love the Peugeot and the Ferrari but sadly I don’t think they’ll come)

14. LeYosu

LeYosu Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you the Reiza team, the cars keep getting better.

The wet tyres on GT3 (tested on the Mercedes AMG) when driving on dry feel like driving on ice, they have almost no grip. I tried the Sigma P1 G5 wet tyres on the dry, and they felt better driving wise, they still had some grip.
    Most of the cars on corner exit and on power still have a little bit much self-steer for a little too long, (instead of losing the grip on the rear at a certain point and having to lift the throttle a little to regain grip, you can just full throttle and control the car steering the wheel)

15. Louis Lu

Louis Lu Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone tried GT3 after 1.5.0.5? Right now with TC 0 I cant put full throttle when exit low speed corner . It will definiy spin. The handling become more tricky.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. LeYosu

LeYosu Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with you, it got better but there is still a little much self-steer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. lion9zion

lion9zion Member

Under these conditions, it's normal for a GT3 car with 500 to 600 horsepower at full throttle, while turning the steering wheel and with the traction control turned off, to spin out.

• Agree Agree x 9
  18. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Look how early on the throttle he is out of the last corner and t7. This is pretty similar to the experience I had when I drove the Porsche gt3 at nurburgring gp when 1.5 came out. Haven't raced the same combo since though.

19. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Why would any competent driver in a real GT3 car not have their TC set to whatever level is required to be able to get on the throttle early out of corners? On dry pavement that should be a relatively low setting, but there is still TC!! #notrealracecars ;)

J/K...most of us would likely still struggle in one! :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2