Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly i cant believe 2 years flew by that quickly

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Before the next AMS2 update or dev update, watch this video if you’re bored (and hungry:whistle:)

• Funny Funny x 7
  3. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

For sure. Some things can be "inspired" by other sims.
    That game has some graphic aspects well beyond the criticism they receive.
    I'll add, we need options to disable all messages (flags included). Those with rigs would love that level of immersion, and it should be "almost free" development wise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

5. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

No surely he's saying here that Reiza only used 6 lines of code of the millions they got? The implication being that if another new company were to obtain AM2 codebase from Reiza the code isn't owned by either codemasters or EA, except for 6 lines or so.

Imagine you owned a game engine and then codemasters came along and said they wanted to buy your company. That would mean in exchange for several wheelbarrows full of cash they'd now own everything you used to own right? And then later someone else buys everything from codemasters.

So you're sat in an office with a fake job title just waiting to quit. If you want to spend the rest of your life on the beach, no problem. But if you want to take the big pile of money and start writing another game, well now you don't have a game engine any more do you? You just sold it.

At which point you either start from scratch or find a way of getting your own game engine back but in a way that means it's not your game engine because that belongs to EA.

6. Dainamo

Dainamo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It seems like there was an issue with my install... Despite updating the game to the latest version the car handling definitely didn't reflect that, and it felt as if the stability control was active even though I had it disabled in game. I did a fresh install, deleted the AMS2 settings folder, now everything drives completely different... doesn't quite make sense to me why that would be the case.

• Informative Informative x 4
  7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Maybe that’s what people should do if they have the same feeling

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Dainamo

Dainamo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's definitely my recommendation for the future, because the car slidiness is completely gone whereas before it felt largely the same as 1.4 with all the aids turned on. Probably the first time I've truly felt the new physics.

9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah im too thinking about it. Because most cars drives awfull. But i have never reinstalled ams2. And Think its just a hassel.:eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I never had such an issue. Whenever deleting the Ams 2 folder was advised, I did so. Still have my installation from early access. :whistle:

11. BrunoB

I guess you mean the ams2 folder in documents - right?
    But I cannot see how that will change the physics.
    Because the only files that will be reset to default are these rather innocent files and ofcourse those included in the folders :confused:

ByTheWay: But because a lot of people here does talk like the 1.5 upd is the second comming of (we all know) then I wonder if I should get the whold game uninstalled and start from scratch.
    Hehe or just reinstall rF2 instead (joke :p)

1.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well sure, it doesn't seem logical, as is often the case with software bugs. Yet there are a number of people who have stated that doing exactly this completely transformed the game for them after it started feeling bad. I know one guy who was on the verge of uninstalling AMS2 for good and I suggested doing this. He came back a little while later saying he would kiss me if he could, as the game then felt fantastic again. Whether physics are directly affected or just something people misinterpret as or attribute to physics isn't really important - what is important is game = garbage becoming game = good!

My suggestion is to take note of your settings, delete Steam cache etc then delete the AMS2 folder in My Documents. No need to go as far as reinstalling the whole game unless this doesn't work. (And of course there's no guarantee that anything will change. Unfortunate if so, but it could be that your install is operating correctly and you just don't get on with AMS2 now is).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not to derail the conversation but Ian Bell told me the code to use a freecam during races is still in Madness engine and just needs to be activated...

Reiza... please!!!

I just want to make videos with your game that don't suck!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

There are files in the documents folder that could "interfere" with the proper gaming experience. Renaming that folder and forcing the game to create a new one is sufficient. This requires setting up controllers and game settings from scratch. If it doesn't help, you can delete the folder again and go back to your original (by renaming it back again).

Of course, this should not be done until you have already verified files in Steam. There are missing or outdated files that could also cause issues, but the game still runs.

Completely uninstalling and reinstalling from scratch is not necessary because the two steps above accomplish the same thing. And hopefully, only the Steam verification is necessary.

The vast majority of the time, it is only certain files in the Documents folder that cause issues. These can be deleted individually without requiring a burdensome experience. Or, as above, simply rename it (or them) and the game will create new ones.

Like 99%+ of users, I am still using the original installation (both beta and release), without issues, though I have done some of the simpler procedures above on my beta install.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I mean you can use CTRL + K + K to activate it on replays, then wsad to move camera, q and e for the camera speed and numpad for fov and other stuff. The trick to have stationary camera is to use safety car as tracked car. Only issue is that the cam will bounce every time cars are passing sc in the pitlane. Example of using that is in my timelapse:

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 is such a beautiful game. It is a shame it is so bugged (like most sims) and lacking some core features.

Nevertheless, that is a neat trick, thanks for sharing.

17. BrunoB

Thanks Marc and Duncan I will try it - hehe eventhough I dont really believe it will change anything.
    But as you both imply you never know.

ByTheWay: I dont know why you are disliked Marc just because you are trying to help me :rolleyes:
    But there is allways some quarrelsome fusspots in the forum :rolleyes:

18. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

T'was wrong,i changed it to a disagre now.:)
    BTW:This has nothing to do with you.The uninstall/install thing was found out by me and MaserV6 in beta month ago .
    And i don't start that beliver or not beliver discussion once again.;)
    Help yourself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

I spent a week digging through the files to try activating something to make my Copa Firma mod trailer, but with no success, I only managed to use the "devcam" commands, which became a lot limiting when taking nice shots.

20. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

1, Didn't know this worked on replay

2. Using the safety car is genius, because I was trying to roll my car over so it would stop moving. Still not the drone camera THE ENGINE APPARENTLY HAS, but will do in a pinch.