Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What is even weirder with replay keyboard shortcuts is that some keys are changed compared to Project Cars 2, and works like Project Cars 1 which suggests that this is really internal tool that Reiza uses for probably video trailers and they set those up how they liked.

For example Q and E buttons in PCars2 were assigned to Left and Right movement of camera, but in previous builds of PCars1 it was for what it is in AMS2 - camera speed movement.

Keyboard shortcuts I'm experimenting with are in this thread:
    Project Cars Videos: Project CARS Keyboard Shortcuts (for more information check WMD foruns for an updated version)

@Renato Simioni Please could you make a list of working shortcuts in replay mode in ams2? That would be really helpful for content creators = more views for ams2 on yt = more players (I hope :D). Also is there a better way to "unattach" camera from a car than Safety Car workaround (attaching to stationary SC)?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok what in the world is going on with the Corvette C3-R????

Today is the first time i've tried this car since the update, because a friend of mine told me the top speed of this car has suddenly been drastically reduced, so I went out and tried it at the long straight at Nords.

1st go: Loaded up car & track, jumped in car on default setup, hit about 182mph on straight and though "well that seems same as it always was"

2nd go: Went back to pits and just adjusted barke pressure, went back out on straight, car would only hit 156mph!!! Its top speed litterally drastically changed, whilst in game. Two different top speeds whilst in game! Now every time it just does 156mph. WTF!!!

This is very, Very odd!!! Anyone else had this?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Direct result from the "final gear mismatch issue" bugfix - the current default setup doesn't yet have the re-adjusted final, it's known.

The reason it was faster before is probably because it still had a different final "pre-loaded" (the one that's actually accurate though) - it will be readjusted!

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh dont patch that before the weekend, i need more speed from that thing…

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

Ok thanks! The thing that really freaked me out is that it changed whilst actually ingame, in the same session! So I guess with the next patch it will be back to 180 ish?

6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

What unit?

7. CrimsonEminence

Likely, yeah!
    Miles per hour

• Like Like x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

when you want more speed from that thing then you basically want the patch because the car is currently going into the limiter early

• Like Like x 2
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

@rmagid1010 after the patch
    upload_2023-8-23_15-24-27.png

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Tarmac Terrorist

Thanks for such a quick responce! When is next patch coming? Also I've found a bug with the Corvette Street Supercar, basically its got a jack in the box, might be related to on or off brake inputs. @CrimsonEminence I've made you a quick 1 minute video to show you exactly what the odd behaviour is. Was'nt sure if you were aware of this one. The video is not availible to general public on my YT channel, just to those on this forum who click this link, as its just a bug report vid. Hope its useful!

• Informative Informative x 7
  11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

When doing my first race with Sprintrace cars since ages, I saw that the AI cars get dirty throughout the race, which is nice.
    In other classes which I drive most of the time, only player's car is affected.
    Are there any plans to implement this feature for all cars in future? :whistle:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
  12. Dainamo

Dainamo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Might be good to start over completely for setups, old setups seems to be one of the root causes of this issue (Unless you have already and I'm unaware). The F-Vintages are pretty decent at showing the difference, but the tin tops for me, really show the difference in tire grip, it's a completely different story. The last time I drove the F-Reiza, it seemed pretty planted to me.

13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Dosda Pierrick

Dosda Pierrick Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza said a setup reset is needed

15. goldtop

goldtop New Member

What exactly do we need to reset then? Would be good to have concise instructions in the release notes of each build instead of having to dig through posts here hoping to find the correct method.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

When the 1.5 update was deployed Reiza did reset (rather delete) all old setups and created the new folder \automobilista 2\vehiclesetups_1_5\*.vts.
    So no need to talk about issues caused by old (pre 1.5) setups anymore:whistle:
    And when my old setups all disappeared then I had to start from scratch and rebuild my pretty custom (or speziales) setups :p

ByTheWay: Only if some stubborn people here succeeded in taking backup of old setups before this amageddon then the 1.5 revelation deleted them all.;)

ByTheWay2: To try to check if any of the files in the AMS2 Documents folder could be the cause of changing the physics then I have made a dump of ALL folders and files in the Documents:

1.png

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
  17. Dainamo

Dainamo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I still couldn't say what file has the impact, but something does, which is why I advocate for deleting it entirely to start over. I was on the verge of uninstalling the game (I did and reinstalled but still) and that refresh literally changed everything for me, so I will pretty much scream it from the rooftops to ensure that people are playing on the correct physics...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

These past few pages have me questioning my own installation after 1.5.. Is this car too grippy now? Is that car too slidey? Wish there was a way to definitely find out, guess I'll have to delete my documents folder for peace of mind.
    Regarding the ai strength in the wet vs player ability, it would be good to have a per- track wet skill level as well as dry, might be hard to do though with the dynamic nature.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

and...CHEESE!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Fixed it … thx @deekracer for pointing out my grievous omission.

• Funny Funny x 1