Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As much as this sounds like a conspiracy theory, I'm pretty certain that, to some extent, some of this is happening. I was beta testing for the 1989 WSPC mod and me and the modder usually agreed on most things, then 1.5 update came out and we can't agree on a single thing.

Should we all completely wipe out AMS2 of our drives and do a full reinstall? It sounds a bit excessive, but maybe it's the only possible way to be absolutely certain?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've thought about that too, however I think it's pretty clear to see watching the gameplay of other people that the physics are if not entirely the same, 99% the same.

And unlike a lot of people, I actually have 3 different computers with AMS 2 on it. Jumping from one to the other, I don't notice any noticeable differences in how the cars drive within the same update. And I think you'll find that the paddock club member can back this up because there was a lot of debate about how the M8 GTE, the V8 supercar, and various formula cars acted during the development of 1.5.

All of differences we thought we felt, often could be explained by driver skill, car set up, or differences in hardware. After that was nailed down, and people knew what to look for, we all suddenly were able to recreate the bad behavior. Sometimes it is literally just a difference in driving style.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dylan Hale

I think it is way more likely you will run into something like this in regards to a mod vs some vanilla content from the game. Especially since AMS 2 mods are based off of existing cars and existing physics. It could be totally possible you and him have some sort of a different version conflict because of boot files or a change your made. But the issue is, how do you know without access to the engine and raw data to compare?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dylan Hale

Let me give you guys a example you can try for yourself if you have the Supercars DLC.

(BTW, I'm picking these 2 cars as I believe they are the most flawed of all the cars in 1.5 with lingering issues)

I want you to do a 10 lap race with the McLaren Senna, write down how you think it drives.

Then do a 10 lap race with the Brabham in the same class and write down how you think it drives.

I'll post a thread in general discussion for you to place your thoughts. However by and large, I think we will agree on the cars behavior.

5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Which circuit, weather and time? Very important detail to compare cars.

6. Dylan Hale

Noon.
    Aug 8th 2023
    Clear.
    Jerez moto
    Live track to medium rubber

Supercar DLC driving test.

7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

If you think something is wrong in drive and feel wich was not before any update,then yes but do it like i said.If nothing has changed for you then your installation was ok.Just easy ,only coast is time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

At some point, I will. I would be glad to have something effed up on my end with F1 86 cars and for them to still be as good as they were before the 1.5 release.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Great Ape

Great Ape Member

I'm sure this has come up somewhere but I can't find it.

CSL DD (8nm) - at speed there is a constant, low frequency rumble/vibration in the wheel now, suspect the game is trying to simulate 'road feel'? I don't like it, any way to get rid of it?

10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

My deduction or "conspiration" is among other things based on the fact that some bugs after Reiza have solved them does return after a while.
    Like as example the lost wheels in TT mode that keeps being lost after pitting until you does total close down and restart the game.
    This bug has been comming and going from day one.:whistle:

Some users here are fully ready to admit that this rather deep bug hasnt been solved because Reiza cannot find the (or those) things in the code that causes it.
    And why I bring this up even if it has nothing to do with physics is because it does show how difficult it is to handle bugs in a complicated program as a racing game
    - when you have only bought the code from a 3rd party developer.

ByTheWay: The code transparancy is even worse if it is correct that the code is sloppy programmed:whistle:

11. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Personally I think AMS2 can be very random, for me there were a number of occasions over the years where I'd test a car and it handles fine, but then on the next day I'd drive the same car with the same setup at the same track and something felt off. The same happens with the PCars games.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Low force boost to 0 and lowering FX slider should help.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Did anyone ever document or discover replicable scenarios in the PCars games...or was it literally random?

• Like Like x 1
  14. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately I think even if they did, it would have likely been on the pcars forums that are now dead.
    Would a bugsplat be useful when the game is in what the user considers a 'broken' state? Would it be worth getting the devs to add a keyboard shortcut to force a bugsplat, that users could then submit to aid in diagnosing issues?

• Like Like x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No.

A bugsplat is worth filling and sending when it happens on a crash due to it being a critical issue/"emergency".

• Informative Informative x 4
  16. Dylan Hale

There is so much stuff in ams and project cars that is dynamic, It could literally be something as simple as a weather change. I Often experience similar things in other Sims where temperature change can drastically change The performance characteristics of a car. (Probably too much)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Marc Collins

This intrigued me, so I just went and tested all of these (with default set-ups).

F-Classic G1 M1, M2 and Lotus 98T:
    • The differences between these models are very subtle, as you would expect since they all have essentially the same drivetrain
    • Lotus 98T is absolutely not more sedate or tame compared to the two "generic" models
      • I managed to spin myself right off the track accelerating uphill in 3rd gear when the boost kicked in rather violently (just from full throttle, not using the boost button)
    • If I had to pick, M1 would be very slightly tamer than the other two, but again it is subtle

If you are experiencing very noticeable differences in these cars, then either you aren't using the default set-ups with no driving aids, or, there is something wrong with your installation. I would counter-argue that maybe I have the problem, except I know these cars are supposed to be quite similar to each other and need to be competitive in their class. It's subtle, "flavour" differences only.

Whether they are brutal enough is a more subjective question. I would say yes, considering that you can "kill yourself" in them with very little provocation and they are fragile vehicles that must be wrestled with and treated delicately all at the same time to maximize performance.

I also do not recall this series feeling too tame relative to the other F-Classics, either, but will go test and report back if there is an issue. Of course before I do that, my expectation is that the other two generations should be tamer than G1 for pretty obvious reasons.

Lastly, does anyone else sense dramatic differences among the three G1 models?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No worries. Was just speculating that the memory dump might be able to definitively answer some of the questions that usually arise - e.g. what was the track state, did you have assists enabled, an old setup with invalid parameters etc.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2023
  19. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

If the problem is on my end, that's good news on one hand, but a bit worrying on the other. I did a Documents folder wipeout recently after 1.5, and it could mean that each update requires a complete reinstallation of the game.

Will undertake Dylan's experiment both with the installation as it stands, and then fully wiped out and reinstalled.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Marc Collins

Another simple question since you are a Club Member...do you have the same issues on both beta and the regular installation? If so, don't waste your time reinstalling or even dealing with the Documents folder. The odds that both would have a similar corruption issue are astronomically small--unless you have put mods into both.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1