Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is that in the beta?

2. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Main build, it's happened to me once before.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok, hopefully it's a sign of what's to come, clearly the UI supports 2 races

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Seems to be a hickup of some sort. Is there more detail to share like what kind of lobby it was? (Dedi server or ingame lobby etc.)

5. drummerJ99

drummerJ99 New Member

I will admit I haven't touched a single MP screen in AMS2, because...I'm a american IndyCar/Nascar fan that prefers ovals to road courses. So I know if I want online racing, there's only one place to go....Granted I no longer have a membership there and am pretty much a 100% offline racer now. But I know iRacing is hard to beat for their setup and user base.

6. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I sincerely hope it can be included, I don't think it's a problem, because it was already supported by PC2.
    It would also be nice if we could include the reconnaissance lap even in standing starts. I've seen it supported in singleplayer league creations.
    It would be great to be able to drive manually before the green light turns on for the standing start, obviously I'm talking about MP.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wonder why Reiza stripped down some of the nice PC2 features. Reiza, why?

Edit: on a more positive note, look at what we could've in AMS2, yet "MP people" only stick to the AMS2 Competizione mindset:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Base game build, in game lobby, G40c, Interlagos, 10 laps. Just a random pickup race late at night that had 20ish people in it. It went back to the lobby at the end of the first race.

My guess is it's just where settings carried over from the host's last offline championship.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

My 2c is that it was half baked/broken as some (many) other PC2 features. I am totally into introducing immersion enhancers as the recognition lap in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the above is a bug, but Race 2 should be for some of the championships, for example in stock car brasil they have race 1 and race 2. I wonder though if its possible to have proper race 1/2, like if you select the f-ultimate sprint preset.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Waiting for any monthly update from Reiza be like...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 18
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The beta is very active rn, and devs are busy working on some cool stuff :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Can it be that it depends on track, if AI's cars build up dirt during races, too?

Just started a small championship with the F_V10 Gen 1.
    First race in Interlagos: Not only my car was dirty at the end of the race, also the AI's ones had mud on it.
    Next race in Spielberg: My car got dirty throughout the race, but AI cars looked like they came out of the carwash even at the end.

14. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

-

• Creative x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  15. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Still experiencing these screen freeze at the 10 minute mark during races. Has anyone experienced the video freezing (while the simulation still running) and have you found any fix that works? I've tried everything from the UDP off, to the superfetch, to frame rate limit, to pitcrew off, to lowered graphic settings. No matter what I do, what car I drive, what track I drive on, what session i select, the screen freeze exactly when the game clock hits the 10 minute mark during a race session. And then 5 seconds later the screen unfreezes and I've already driven into the wall! Has anyone found a fix that works?

So far this sim is completely unplayable for me now and it's a dam shame. Can any devs comment on what specifically this game engine is doing at the ten minute mark that could trigger this?

Win10
    Inte corei7 10th
    Nvida RTX2060 16gig
    16 gig ram
    blah blah blah blah.

16. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Maybe check antivirus and firewall logs and also windows event log to see if something is running that causes it.

For instance, CCleaner has a junk service, which autoruns at a specific time and will put a dos shell screen over windows. It´s not that but it could be something similar.

Does it happen in single player mode and in test day sessions and practice or only in races?

17. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry to hear you're still getting this issue. I did do a wireshark trace to see if there's any network activity happening every 10 mins, but couldn't spot anything. Can't remember if you'd covered this, but have you discounted usb devices? If you remove all game controllers and drive around for 10 mins with keyboard, does it happen?

18. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I get these too on occation. I need to move my game to a SSD to see if that fixes it at some point

19. Manbird12000

It happens in all session types. The CCleaner activates on it's own clock so it wouldn't necesarily happen 10 minutes into my race sessions on the dot. Even if I restart my race, ten minutes into that race, the freeze happens.

20. Manbird12000

I will try that and report back. Thanks MickT