Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Beezer215

Beezer215 Member

You're on an SSD? Preferable NVME.

2. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

I disconnected all USB devices. Started a race, exactly 10 minutes into it...freeze.

3. Manbird12000

I'm on SSD NVME. T

4. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Other options:

Just before 10 minutes, minimise the game and launch Windows administrator to see if there is a spike in use of HD, memory or processor.

Do a steam verification and delete (or rename) the AMS2 folder in c: documents (you´ll lose all setups, saved keybinds etc and a new one will be created).

Turn off antivirus and firewall.

Put the HD in another PC and see if it happens there.

Does it repeat every 10 minutes like clockwork or is it a once only event?

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Manbird12000

Good suggestions, unfortunately I've tried all of them before.
    I've minimized it and watched when the freeze occurs and didn't notice any spikes on any of those.

I did the verification with no errors

I've even completely wiped the installation including the AMS2 in the documents

Unfortunately don't have another HD to try.

It occurs every 10 minutes like clockwork the moment I start a race (practice, solo, multi AI, etc)

7. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

The minimisation will probably interfere. The best bet is if you have 2 monitors and can have the game running on one and the monitor on the other. Note the monitor output can lag the actual performance.

If it really is 10 minutes on the dot into the game that kind of suggests to me it's less likely to be something scheduled - I mean I doubt you start playing a practise session at timed intervals. So you'd expect sometimes the scheduled program would be 5 minutes into your session, or 2 minutes, or 10 minutes. Not always 10 minutes. That suggests it's the game, or something the game triggers rather than some completely separate event on your system.

I'd suggest if it's the game that it'll be diskIO. Games don't typically do a lot of writing to disk though and unless you're playing a game where levels change etc most of the stuff that's needed is likely in memory. What about replays? How does the game save replay data? If it's to disk, possibly after 10 minutes a memory mapped file fills and it has to increase its size and that causes a big freeze?

My guess would be disk I/O though for such a long freeze. At which point these issues are usually caused by the disk being nearly full or having other issues.

Although you say the display is freezing but the game continues, so perhaps it's your graphics driver detecting a problem and resetting.

As someone else asked if you keep playing on the same session does it freeze again in another 10 minutes or is it ok thereafter?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Yes, let us know if it´s every ten minutes and perhaps check if it happens in spectator mode or from changing camera to an AI car, where there no inputs from you.

If you don´t have another HD then try putting yours in a friend´s pc to see if you can duplicate the issue.

Maybe also better to take this issue to another thread as it has no relevance to this one.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

buggy front.jpg buggy rear.jpg Bit off topic but this turned up at the jam session I run yesterday and got alot of attention, even one of the musicians got a ride in it!
    As soon as I saw it I immediately thought "man i've gotta have a go in the Kartcross in AMS2 tomorrow!" and just had to get a picture, this thing reminded me of the Kart cross alot, it had a 500cc motorbike engine and even a lockable diff! Got me thinking aswell for some reason (maybe because the road outside the pub reminds me of a hillclimb section), might be good at some poit to get some hill climbe courses in AMS2.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

500BHP? That’s quite a lot for a buggy how heavy is this thing?

11. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry my mistake, meant 500cc not BHP, so closer in power output to the F-Dirt car, but looks more like the Kartcross, will edit post, thanks for pointing that out! I think weight is somewhere around 400kg, but don't quote me on that!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Still hopeful this car will make an appearance in AMS2 one day:

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  13. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

DAFAD032-4B42-47A3-959E-2545FD7D0A2E.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 26
    • Winner Winner x 3
  14. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

I've took a look in to your profile searching for hardware information. It's a good idea to add it to your signature or profile description . Anyways, I've used to had a similar problem, although not exactly every 10 min, but maybe my experience can give something different to try in order to solve your issue. I've upgraded my setup, but I was running a laptop with a GTX 1060 when I started experience some freezes at random times. I've tried a lot of things but what worked for me was changing the anti aliasing on a driver level. Like, change the anti aliasing method in Nvidia Control Panel to a less demanding AA method. Even try to disable it. To me it was like the GPU couldn't handle the NVCP setting with the in game AA setting and was like adding up those two settings. Also try to rollback the GPU drivers some versions. There's a lot going on in the game marketing right now and a lot if drivers updates will come, but some times they can break things that were working fine.

16. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Imagining six big wheels of CHEESE!

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

And now the apocalypse has started

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Also here the info from official time trial report topic so everyone is informed:

This means the TT boards will be down for a while before going up clean together with an update release. Not giving any ETA yet but not too long anymore.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Louis Marlowe

Louis Marlowe New Member

I had an issue where AMS2 would completely freeze/crash (i.e. wouldn't unfreeze) and it was fixed once I updated the drivers for my Thrustmaster T500 RS.

I had to uninstall the old driver and do a fresh download/install from their website, because the control panel utility wasn't connecting to their update server and also wasn't informing me, so I wrongly assumed I was on the latest driver the whole time. Uninstalling and then reinstalling from the Thrustmaster website showed that my driver was significantly out-of-date, and the new drivers didn't interfere with AMS2 anymore - it runs as it should.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. No-Estimate-362

No-Estimate-362 New Member

Also experiencing 5-second freezes in my last six league races. Really annoying since it usually means me losing the car and potentially crashing myself and others out.
    Issue appeared after ~30-40min into the race though. Happy to help with debug data; just let me know.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1