Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

Of course: I use full traction control, stability control on, anti-lock brakes low, full damage type, medium damage scale, mechanical failure on, random failures synchronized, real tire wear.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

Sorry to bump a very old post, but I'm experiencing this bug on the current version with the VW Polo TSI cup.

I was curious if anyone knew which is correct, i.e If I chose 'rates' there's no adjustment and it says 0 nm/s for both front and rear anti-roll bars. If I choose 'units' I can adjust front and rear in steps 1 to 5 - are these changes actually doing anything or is it 5 steps all 0 nm/s?

Is the unit side buggy? i.e is changing this actually doing nothing at all? Or is the rate side buggy and you can actually tune the car if you use units?

(I know the obvious reply is "change them and see if the handling changes" - but I never notice any changes made to setups when driving)

3. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Where are all the time trial times? Are they wiped? I am about to go over to a friends house and teach him how to use the time trial, ghosts and setups. Now there is nothing!? I restarted my computer and I see no times.

4. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can confirm. No time trial records visible on the non-beta game install. My MP safety rating has also changed to U. The number rating is intact.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marcus Krüger

Marcus Krüger New Member

me too

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ChrisOuellet

ChrisOuellet New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any track should do, but mostly ovals cause it's easier to replicate.
    Car Used: Any car
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: The FCY should keep the safety car out when it detects that the safety car will go in on the last lap.
    Steps to reproduce: Put up any race, figure out how many laps the FCY lasts on that race length. If it lasts 3 laps, with 3 laps to go, stop in the middle of the track to cause a FCY. Then loop around until it says racing will resume. If you timed it right, safety car will get in and the race will resume for like 10 seconds while the cars race to the S/F line.

7. Theoloop

Theoloop Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Real Weather (historic)
    Report:
    Real weather on the same time and date conditions set is not consistent by session type.
    Steps to reproduce:
    Set up any type of session at the same times/dates in test day, single player event, or multiplayer. And the weather does not match across all the events.

8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So am i right that you get the same weather online and during a offline race, only test day is different?

Thats what i gathered from the video, and it makes perfect sense.

In a race event, the practice is actually to days before the set race date, on test day you don't have that.

Try running a race without practice and qually and use the same date, if i'm not mistaken you should get the same weather as in a test day event

9. Theoloop

Okay i just tested and this seems to be the case. Would be nice if that information was clear somewhere lol. Thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

When I start the car from standing start, I can not see the smoke caused by the wheelspin in my mirrors, neither in the virtual one nor the ones on the side. But I can see the smoke produced by other cars.
    But then, when race is on it's way, I can see the smoke in the mirrors when locking up the tyres.

11. Theoloop

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Windy Weather

Report:We ran a Formula USA 2023 race the other night at Long Beach. Using real weather it showed winds at 25kph “E”. The car being aero dependent and the winds being steady this did effect some braking zones for the front and back straight. T1 braking was easier which was indicative of a headwind. T8 braking was much more tricky as it felt there was a tail wind. Traditionally in weather forecasts, the listing for wind indicates the source. So East winds would mean it’s blowing FROM the east going westward. This seems to be opposite in the sim which is incorrect based off multiple people’s experience in this race. The sim lists the heading East when the wind is blowing eastward, so from
    The west. Basically all the wind headings need to be 180 degree's flipped in the UI so it displays the source of the wind.

Steps to reproduce:
    Take not of the wind, should be above 20kph I would guess and use an aero car, compare it to a still day. The wind goes in the opposite direction that is displayed in the UI

• Like Like x 1
  12. Theoloop

Track & Layout Used: Gateway Oval
    Car Used: F-USA 2023
    Applicable Settings: private Quali
    Report:
    One player joined the server after Quali was already in session, and users were able to see his vehicle on track even though quali was set to private, he did not see other drivers though. We did not test vehicle contact.
    Steps to reproduce:
    Private Quali session with a decent amount of players in (we had 24). Another joins in during Quali and they may appear to others in their own private session.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Here is a video of the broken replay camera in Snetterton (200 layout), where you can hear but not see the cars on track:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
  14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Car: F 309
    Track: Any
    Report: Game does not give you the desired startposition.

Did a quick race with full grid (29 cars) in the F3 class.
    Choosed starting from position 29, but game forces me to start from P 17, as there are 17 F309 and 12 F301 cars.
    If player chooses a certain position, it would be nice if the game could handle that.

2.jpg
    1.jpg

15. remi89

remi89 New Member

I agree and it seems the game doesn't record any best lap neither for some days now...

16. remi89

remi89 New Member

I agree and it seems the game doesn't record any best lap neither for some days now...

17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

18. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

I don't know if it's a bug, or is it real, but clear me of a doubt, are the GT3s just as fast as the P2s?

19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

They're comparable in pace yeah.

Reminder that Endurance Brasil P2 isn't "LMP2"

20. Zym

Zym New Member

Track & Layout Used: it seems all kart tracks
    Car Used: kart 125 single gear
    Applicable Settings: all weather configurations and all driving aids deactivated
    Report: ia remains stationary at the start during a personalized championship, in all modes, rolling start, reconnaissance lap, etc