Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

They they will have to wipe the leaderboards once again. I don't understand why they already started to reset leaderboards when this is still going on.

EDIT.
    Perhaps a update will come before they are reset, meaning any day now

2. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

When you try one car and track and then say "or any track" "or any car"

It's definitely not any car. Just for a short list : the caterhams, formula trainer, formula junior, the copa classics, the minis, the VW. They all understeer and oversteer. Albeit the VW drives like Jenson Button's daily driver I don't think that's anything to do with too much grip. If you just throw it around you'll get it to move.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ape-xer-75

Ape-xer-75 New Member

(you are obviously mixing front and rear, but you probably know that already)

Anyway, I've felt like this for a long time. I can't point the moment in time when the change happened, but it surely has not been this easy from the beginning.

To be more specific, I can get the cars to oversteer, but almost no matter what I do, the cars do not spin around. They just don't. Reckless driving will result unrealistically long and wide slides that end up straightening of the car. Like there was some magical straightening force doing it in the end. You really have to try spinning the car to make it actually spin.

This takes the fun out of driving AMS2 for me. Much of the driving pleasure for me comes from getting the feeling, that you are at the limits of the car, and that it could spin at any moment, but your driving skills prevent it from doing that. Nowadays I can't get that feeling from AMS2 anymore.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just to be sure - what FFB are you using? If you're using something like DanielKart's custom, then try changing to Default/+ or Kuku's custom. Some of those customs have really aggressive 'auto correct' built in to them.

5. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

This sort of feedback needs to be attatched to car specifically as each one of them have their own tire physics, the assumption there is some "underlying physics engine issue" is just that I´m afraid. And if the answer to that question is "all of them" you can´t possibly be going fast enough.

With that said, there are some further substantial adjustments being made to tires for the next update which does tend to sharpen peak slip angles and exacerbate drop past peak for several of them, making them both more precise, less propense to entering a drift and harder to sustain it.

• Like Like x 19
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  6. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

This has absolutely nothing to do with the FFB. No matter which custom or default you use, the problem lies in physics. But I'm in good spirits, Reiza seems to be addressing this problem

7. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Daniel - it wasn't meant as a criticism of your FFB file, just an observation. When using your file, I found I could pretty much let go of the wheel when in oversteer and the car would self correct in a way that matches the OP's description, so I felt it was worth mentioning. No reason to be in anything but good spirits :)

8. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

No problem, the post was about something else, so I wrote something about it :) The tearing of tires on Ams2 also bothers me, unfortunately it has always been that way. Self-alignment is another matter

9. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Are we really having a discussion about whether or not it is possible to spin cars in AMS2?

Perhaps try looking in public lobbies and you will see some demonstrations. :D

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Time to wait again :D

Interested to try the adjustments, as I've gradually found some things a little too easy to drive after 1.5.

Or maybe my talent is finally shining through ;)o_O:p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Then just now I do a 2019 Stockcar race at Laguna, completely wreck my FR tire on a lockup at the Corkscrew and can barely turn the car after, which is awesome :p:hurrayreiza:

(Awesome apart from wrecking my race, obvs..)​

• Like Like x 4
  12. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

some slides are catchable others are not, but some specific cars need some changes and as a matter of fact are being tweaked on the beta

not gonna give much details cuz I’m not sure what I am and what I’m not allowed to talk about the closed beta, I might already even said more than what I’m allowed (Amy admin or og reiza 51 members feel free to correct me if I went too far and I’ll redact this post)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

AFAIK since it’s not notformedia it is allowed to talk about it, but not any :whistle: Renato does (if he haso_O)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

No restrictions for commenting on general physics & AI developments, especially if the comments are positive :p

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

But no foul language!:D which is highly unlikely from the amount of positives I have read, and limited tests.
    When the release is out take care with right foot and over enthusiasm. You will have fun if pushing hard, maybe even work up a sweat..!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Interview Rl racer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I recommend Reiza just implement a 'considerably pro-er than yaou' setting which reduces each car's grip to 1% and makes it spin when you use more than 20% throttle at any time.

Problem solved.

• Funny Funny x 8
  18. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My impressions of the closed beta has been really positive this far. The handling of the cars I have tried there are considerable more in line with the behavior that how I would expect it to be. So clearly less of that power sliding you can get out of easily. When you start the session, you usually have quite a bit of understeer on most cars until the tires warm up, after it becomes quite satisfying to drive them, too fast into corner and you tend to get understeer, too agressive with throttle in mid corner or exit and you can get oversteer on most cars that can end up in a spin (counter steering helps, but it's not as easy automatic save as it can be on some occasions now).

Honestly the current public release gives a bit of "hollywood driving" feeling on a lot of cars with how easy it is get it to that slide and come out of it, and often be faster to drive like that. IMO worst of that is clearly gone in the closed beta on the cars I have tried from different classes.

Honestly, I don't really see any backward steps on the beta compared to current release. . Maybe if you are into that power sliding way of driving, you might not like it as much...

Also the FFB side feels even better than ever IMO.

ps. it's really positive sign that the improvements to the handling are coming so quickly, as it really proves that the physics changes and updates in the 1.5 were correct, and it was more about fine tuning the handling and tires of cars that still some needed work to be more to the point.

• Informative Informative x 13
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

Man, I can't wait to get to try the new update myself. But Reiza wizards are never late, nor are they early, they delivery precisely when they meant to. So I'll just wait

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Sounds like AM2 handling is morphing to Raceroom´s. Would that be an accurate description?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1