Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did not mean to post, sorry for the notification

2. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

To me, NASCAR needs a separate sim, it's so unlike the rest of the cars in AMS2. Also, it has a very specific set of rules, not to mention its own tracks. You can't have a good NASCAR sim without Talladega, Darlington, Charlotte, Atlanta, Phoenix, Richmond, etc. You'd also need to be able to simulate the physics of restrictor plate racing.

2006-2008 F1 cars would be great. I would add F1 cars from 1981 and 1982, seasons that are too often overlooked. The Formula Classic Gen 3 are excellent, but these are more cars from 1983-84, right?

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

Exactly, the first year after the ground effect ban. In 1978-1979 only Renault was turbo-powered, who knows.. Maybe a generic car..

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

+1

5. Apex

Apex Active Member

Yes, a pre-restrictor, generic one for laughs. The Monterey mod for PC2 is good fun, only the AI don't do ovals very well. Would work much, much better in this sim, and we have more suitable tracks, like The Glen sans the Inner Loop for instance.

• Like Like x 1
  6. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, we need this in AMS2::eek:
    Especially for player : AI when lapping them:mad:
    I understand how angry Piquet is.....

• Funny Funny x 9
  7. Apex

Apex Active Member

AMS2 GTA Edition Kung Fu Mod

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. BirthdayPotato

BirthdayPotato New Member AMS2 Club Member

I own an '84 Pontiac Fiero (which is older than me, so I don't consider myself that old lol). It doesn't have power steering and the steering is pretty light even completely stopped. It isn't much more difficult than a number of modern vehicles I've driven once moving. A large wheel and a steering rack designed to be used without power steering makes a difference. The Chevy small block in the back might be helping by shifting the weight more rearward too:)

I guess you'd consider that a puddle jumper, but in a conversation about race cars I'd say not too many people are racing old land yachts either.

I've also had to steer an old Ford F150 while it was being towed. That was NOT easy to turn.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
  9. orlando blues

orlando blues New Member

hi, im from brazil... glad to have this game... my concern is about the time trial, not saving my times...
    and i installed the automobilista 1, and now im asking the MARCAS cars... please, or the news tcr cars, like tcr south america, uk, europe, wtcr... please please...

thanks for this product... i really love...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

It is a temporary thing which will be brought back with the next update

11. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Is it close to F5 time yet? :p

12. Racinglegend1234

Not yet

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

soon TM

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Can maybe some of the club members give us an insight on car track combo testing completion percentage at the present moment? Just to have an idea of still there’s a lot of fine tuning going on or if it’s already on final stages of tuning? Just to have an idea if we are talking about October or November updates? Thanks

• Like Like x 3
  15. Racinglegend1234

IMO it looks like a November update, but you never know with Renato

16. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

It's not quite that simple. It's not like Reiza do one car, declare it "done" and then move towards another.

It's more like the following:
    F-V10G1 moved to "completion status", car drives well now and has great AI.
    Aero revisions to every formula car, pending former finetuning. Car drives like dog and AI are completely off the mark.
    Further updates to cars with "completion status", car drives great again.
    "Big findings" announced, F-V10G1 is back to behaving like a merry-go-round.
    Further updates, but F-V10G1 declared "problematic".

etc etc etc (note that the F-V10G1 here is a placeholder for any given car)

At the moment I'd say we're still with a construction site. Several cars are in a very good place, others are not and the AI honestly doesn't seem to be properly calibrated for at least most cars I'm driving, because recent adjustments have thrown calibration off.

Simultaneously, there is calibration on the calibration for the AI - for example, recently it has been noticed that the AI are not suffering enough from fuel even on classes that are very well calibrated, so an experimental feature gets added to amend for that, but now the AI become too slow during the course of the race...

TL;DR: If it's still October, it's going to be the 31st at 3 AM. But once everything comes together it's going to be a massive one.

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Thank you both for the quick and informative replies, it’s really appreciated. I get this “short blanket” situation is really common when talking on car physics , AI behaviour, etc. every time one component of the equation is sorted, we get an unbalance in other aspects that then needs to be revised. All good, for me, I’m always on the no rush side, underpromise / over deliver. I’m sure it will be ready when it’s deemed good on Reiza high standards. Thanks.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am no developer, so this is my opinion, but you might want to hold on on to that F5 a while longer. As others have said, when it comes it will be a pretty substantial update, but for it to have the proper impact and get as polished as it can be, it'll be a while still. As I said this is completely my opinion. Maybe they have some magic and surprise us all doing a RC soon.

Worst comes, the new WRC is looking rather good, so something to look forward to if the update doesn't get the planned October release :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yup, good summary.
    I'd also agree that the work on the AI is the best this sim has received yet. Last weekend I had some really good and immersive races, the wait is absolutely worth it imo.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

That's what I thought last year when I bought the total piece of garbage WRC: Generations ;)

I hope the new WRC is good, but sure won't be buying it until I read full reviews from the very few trusted sources!

• Like Like x 1