Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

Line paraphrased from one of my favorite YouTubers, Mandalore:
    “Game Development is like fixing the hinges on a door and then your microwave catches fire”

(I don’t remember his exact wording, it was probably much funnier than mine)

• Funny Funny x 6
  2. Djin

Djin Member

Hey guys, I just heard about the new Clubsport DD 12 NM base from Fanatec. I'm curious about this "Full Force" feature. I was wondering if AMS2 would support it ? It looks like Fullforce is a haptic effect similar to Logitech's Trueforce. It could be cool but is Trueforce well supported in AMS 2?
    upload_2023-10-17_22-54-21.png

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wouldn't buy anything from fanatec at this point in time, they are an absolute train wreck at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Djin

Djin Member

Due to delivery delays? I've heard horror stories about this on Reddit. I was lucky; I received my steering wheel in a week. However, some customers have been waiting for their orders for over a month and a half, it sucks big time. Nevertheless, their QR2 and their new bases seem promising and are competitively priced. I'll wait for the reviews, since i've sold my DD Pro.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just saying, I love my MOZA R5. Best money I've spent on this hobby.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

I live in Canada. I ordered a DD wheel base and a load cell kit in July, no problem at all. Then I got the QR1 3 weeks ago. Got it in a week. Again, no problem. And these were my 3rd and 4th orders from them in 3 years. I never had any trouble with Fanatec. I wonder why you wrote that they are a train wreck?

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To be fair, Kyloton WRC games were not bad, they were ok. Milestone takes the cake for the worst rally games ever.

I am not expecting the new game to be what a lot of youtubers are hyping it to be. But the stages are looking very nice and very much like the real life ones, and the car behavior looks good as well.

As long as it has good ffb, believable physics and nice stages, it will get my attention. I am not expecting a lot in the sim side, the damage model will surely be lacking and I don't think we will have 12+ stages rallies like the Kyloton games, but those features can be added for next year's game, gotta milk the cow, that's one of EA's mottos.

Back to AMS2, ehmm, yes...looking forward for the next dev update :D.

• Like Like x 1
  8. F1Aussie

Yes absolutely appalling it is all over their forum and outside of it.
    Many people requesting refunds due to lack of service and support, not answering emails, can't get through on chat, phone never answered, tons of orders being returned to base due to incomplete customs paperwork, people threatening legal action, orders up to almost 2 months not being sent yet, customers trying to cancel orders and not getting responses, even PayPal not able to get in contact with them to organise refunds, people sending doa equipment back and not getting any responses about what is being done about it. It is absolutely pathetic.
    I placed an order 3 weeks ago from outside the EU delay zone and am having same issues. Was told my item is out of stock until 27/10 even though it was in stock for a week after I ordered it then went to out of stock for 48 hours and then back in stock and still is, they have not replied to any other of my contacts and order is still not sent.
    When you order they update you order status to "completely shipped" usually with 48 hours, mine was "completely shipped" on a weekend, hmmm.
    Apparently the reason they do this is because you cannot cancel your order and request a refund once your order has changed to completely shipped.
    If I was not already in their ecosystem I would have avoided them altogether and I would not recommend anyone else at this stage to purchase from them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. F1Aussie

See my other post above.

10. BeefyPeeg

BeefyPeeg New Member

Probably a derpy question, but what's F5?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

Did you order from their European store? That may be the reason. I live in Canada, as I wrote above, and I order from their US store.

12. F1Aussie

Nope, from their Australian store.

13. Burl

Burl Member

It's the key on your keyboard that refreshes web pages, friend.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It would be really great if this feature is integrated into the game.
    Fanatec writes that it comes via the Fanatec SDK in the game. So AMS2 should get the update.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Could it be that some bases are better than others?

16. F1Aussie

No idea to be honest. They recently had a change of logistical partner that seems to have caused a lot of the grief over there but that is no reason for the Australian store to be like it is. The only thing I can think of is that they are displaying items as being in stock and ready to ship when they actually don't have any stock. Taking the sales then put customers in a holding pattern.

17. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I ordered my qr2 as soon as i could, and it still hasnt arrived

18. F1Aussie

Same, where are you located?

19. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

How much you had to pay?

20. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My QR2 Pro arrived last Friday, the shipment had also made some rounds because the shipper has filled out the customs papers incorrectly. The shipment only had to go from Germany to Switzerland.