Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

From what I can tell, it seems like the Fanatec European and Australian stores are a mess, but the American one seems ok.

2. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys, please give us finally back the timetrial! Can´t stand those ArcadeRacing in Multiplayer any longer! Any idea when the next update will drop?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Berghe

Berghe BANNED BANNED

Timetrial comes back soon... mid 2024 or 2025... depends on this community and how nice they are... it is so fantastic, how hard they are working on the physics... and this time, it really is a gamechanging update... just like the 1.4 and 1.3 update... they found a really important thing in the engine... god, it will be great... update really coming soon...

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 4
    • Dislike x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On the subject of fanatec orders which i've just seen alot of posts about. I don't know where you guys are all based but, I'm in the UK and rather than order directly from Fanatec, Ive ordered from UK resellers who buy in bulk. Brand new. Price almost exactly the same (infact I think one was cheaper), arrives in a day or two, and i've found the resellers on Facebook Market place believe it or not! Once I've got the product I can then register it on the Fanatec website for the gaurantee.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Your full stop key appears to be broken.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

All your most recent posts were about the same topics in a passive aggressive manner - we got the message by now, so i ask you to leave it at that and take a break or it will be a mandatory one. :)

• Like Like x 4
  8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I never recieved delivery of my qr2, it was apparently sent to germany and ive already complained to fanatec, but their website says they only get back to enquirees after 2 weeks, i am proper annoyed at them as i spent a lot of money on something that hasnt arrived.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have patience. With me, the bundle discount was not charged when ordering, so I asked by mail. The answer came 3 weeks later, but the money for the discount was then immediately refunded to me. The mails are slowly processed but they are processed.

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

To elaborate on the topic of delays and offline leaderboards:

A Development Update is planned to release soon (not giving an exact date because i'm not writing it and development is doing crunch time currently, which has influence on it obviously).

The game update is planned to be released at the end of this month which will also bring back wiped leaderboards which have been disabled too early due to the update being postponed shortly afterwards for further polish on various developments (this includes not only vehicle physics but also track rubber state in Time Trial mode which will be not "all track at full saturation no matter what line" but rubber actually being at the correct places on the ideal line in the future).

The update will also contain of other work than just physics of course! :)

• Like Like x 17
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
  11. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Senseless speculation time it is then... :rolleyes:
    I'm joking, I'm plenty content just enjoying the multiplayer at the moment.
    1fgkYeb2kdLihhZArq.gif

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 10
  12. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Compared to others, Fanatec is a much worse option. QR1 sucks. Yeah they came out w QR2 but they want users to pay for it. The qr on my CSW 2.5 is iffy. Works great for few days, then it will lose grip all of a sudden. QR2 won't work w CSW 2.5. I have MCLaren GT3 wheel that needed replacement. I recently had some extra cash so I went with a Simagic Ultra. Couldn't be happier.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Would love to get the QR2, but it's waaay to pricey. 1 base. 2 wheels. That's 400-500 euro or so.. 100 or 200 would be fine

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

Mine works very well.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

but the QR2 is really a very cool update. I have luckily only one steering wheel what I have to convert, if you have several then it can be very expensive. The change had to be made the QR1 was simply no longer contemporary.

16. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Since my CSW 2.5 is no longer supported, when it dies, so do my 2 wheels (which are a bigger investment), as they are also no longer supported. When that happens I'll leave the Fanatec ecosystem. In the meantime, I hope to be using my CSW 2.5 for many years to come.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

It would be 260€ for me with a CSL DD and 2 steering wheels

18. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

What Fanatec does to people is a joke. As a gesture of goodwill, Fanatec would have to replace this QR1 crap with the QR2 free of charge for everyone. Instead, people are having their money taken out of their pockets again. From my own experience with a dd1, I would never recommend Fanatec. It's better to buy another product, there are much better ones on the market now

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Problem is if you bought from Fanatec right before this happened and you don’t want to spend money on buying new when everything works :confused:

20. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Sure, I understand that. A dilemma for many people and absolutely not okay from Fanatec. Very specific business philosophy. Personally, I was there for a long time, but I'm glad I'm no longer there

• Like Like x 2