Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

He’s just saying that some of the biggest AMS2 lovers and forum spammers (such as me) bought in to the beta. That led to us trying the beta and not being as hyped for the updates since we can drive them before others

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think there should be separation of informational threads from hype threads.

I'm fine with cheese, but it often gets in the way of some constructive (more or less) conversation about updates and is making difficult to find the information in hundred pages long threads about everything but the update itself.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

We are still hyped for the dev updates (and the release also since it is when we can test new things in the modded/customized installation :p)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Otherwise known as 'Mr Podium' :D in some circles.
    You fellas have had some entertaining battle's in beta, cause you aint slow! :)and with some others chaps up there to recently out front.
    (more rain :) req)

I think he should do the vid again, full lap and not hit the cone!!:D

(just kidding)

Good that he took time out to make vid and post here! staff are busy as always.

+ 1 can learn alot from watching his inboard/cockpit view.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
  5. ayrton2388

ayrton2388 Member AMS2 Club Member

So... no august update? Even september is almost over. Anything earlier than a late october dev update on sight? im curious about what the future holds.

6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

It looks like the wait for an update will be until at least the start of October, but Renato and the team are digging for gold and they’re finding enough to fill a truck

• Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

"This message brought to you by Gold Speculators, Inc!" :p:D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

He’s not wrong in that its not unreasonable for us to expect that the september dev update will arrive in november

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Soon enough, Reiza will realize that naming updates after months only causes frustration and they will do what 99% of devs do--release an information update when they feel like it and the rest of us will accept random news flashes and be thankful we got any news at all.

It works for the beta game updates rather well.

And I always prefer devs who practice a 10:1 actual:information update ratio ;) The other way around, which is more common in the industry, also leads to extreme frustration for many.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

upload_2023-9-26_17-11-48.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Not quite yet. Dev Update is planned to release soon but not giving an exact timeframe due to development currently being in crunch. (It has an influence of course).

• Informative Informative x 9
  15. Jugulador

I already said more than once that I don't think that Reiza must release updates or content with frequency, only when they are ready to do, and them do it with more focus on quality.

BUT it's a mistake when a dev, specially with a game focused to be a "long term development" (as @Renato Simioni himself defined it) to go silent for that long (four months). Reiza don't need to (and shouldn't do) make promises and give dates... but at least just tell a little about of what is doing so we can know what to expect without having to go beta (what I don't do because I don't like that my games got even more "unfinished" that should be).

Abração!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

But he (Renato) has posted outside beta telling "a little about of what is doing" several times over those four months....... I guess you've either missed some of his posts or are talking specifically about full blown dev updates.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Jugulador

Maybe I saw one or another post, but can't remember more than he teasing LeMans, that is not necessarily related to the next update.

The thing is, Reiza used to release Development Updates every month... them they changed it to every two months and here we are four months without it. They may have posted things inside topics already full of pages, Twitter or whatever, but you can agree that maybe it's too disperse to some folks to keep up, and it's not our fault. A "full blown dev update" would help a lot. Don't need to be an extensive text... just open a new topic, leave the update on the OP and let people talk about cheese and Bikes DLC.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

It’s just an educated guess but maybe this is due to the fact that a lot of users who used to constantly request update news on the forum in the past are now Reiza Club Members, who are already deeply involved beta testing this new updates. So now there’s less noise / speculation regarding the updates. It might be just an impression but the comments section looks much more sparse in the last months compared to first half of the year. So in a sense there’s less pressure to Reiza release these development updates as frequently as before.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well yeah, I can agree that posts within 96 page threads might be too dispersed for many users to catch them all, but a simple search for posts by Renato solves that concern very easily.

20. Jugulador

If this is the reason, I swear God that will never again buy anything from Reiza. It would be like to release a DLC for player to have information about the game, considering that AMS2 is a long term game, not one that was full ready since 1.0 of few updates later. But I'm pretty sure that isn't the case.

Or, as he is this forum's owner, just create a new topic and no one will complain.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2