Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

That will get it. I hope the CSL DD gets it

• Like Like x 1
  2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I don't think it can be integrated for other Fanatec bases. It provides directly rendered kinesthetic and tactile force feedback, presumably similar to Logitech's Trueforce. Personally, I only see advantages for games that have a weak FFB, such as GT7 or Forza. But definitely not for a simulation like Ams2

3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The proof is in the pudding (but your FFB files are probably better than what that will add)

4. Danielkart

It's not about what is better or not. It's always a matter of personal taste, my files aren't perfect or there are people who think other things are better. I just wanted to say that it makes less sense to me in a "simulation". But in an “arcade-heavy” simulation it definitely makes sense. With GT 7 you can hear very positive feedback on Logitech's Trueforce, I think it can definitely improve the terrible FFB there

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Quick question : How many buttons per device does AMS2 support? I use the control panel 2 from Virpil which together with the push lever CM3 represent a USB device. However, all buttons are not recognized by the controlpanel. I have tried all games and found that only AMS2 has the problem.

6. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

AHA!

7. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe less than 100, at least less than 113.
    Screenshot_20231022_132549.png

8. WarmRed

I definitely see it differently and also the iRacing development are apparently very keen on the new possibilities. The FFB can be much more finely defined and even applied in layers. So they could bring tactical feedback which you otherwise only via speakers (bass) directly to the steering wheel in addition to the normal FFB. ABS chatter, loss of grip, etc. can so much more detailed about the steering wheel can be transmitted. The possibilities are actually very large, let's see what the developers will do with it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Danielkart

I can understand why Iracing is of interest with their 60Hz or 360Hz for their irFFB. This is still a long way from the current capabilities of modern simulations or Ams2. It can also become too much to feel everything in the wheel and it becomes counterproductive. The mix makes the most sense to me and today there are better and more efficient ways to transmit the tactile feedback in addition to the (Wheel FFB) with buttkickers, tactile mats, motion or take a look at simucube's active pedals. I'm also afraid that every simulation will feel very similar whether you drive GT7, Iracing or Ams2. Very boring idea for me, no longer feeling any individuality or big differences. We'll see where the journey goes

• Like Like x 2
  10. Danielkart

AHA , ein Stalker is mir auf den Fersen :D:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. WarmRed

You forget that over 95% of sim racers only use a wheelbase and a screen/VR and do not use buttkickers, motion or other additional hardware. We will find out what this additional information can do in the future in the reviews.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Danielkart

Believe me, I'm fully aware of that, otherwise I could have saved myself all the effort with the FFB to serve as many people as possible. Everything was done without additional hardware

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Djin

Djin Member

Have you ever tried the DualSense controller of the PS5? It has the same kind of haptic technology, and it's absolutely fantastic. In Astro's Playroom, you can feel when you walk on sand, skate on ice, feel the raindrops, and when you brush against tall grass. The level of subtlety in haptic feedback is in no way comparable to the old rumble motors.

So, I have a hard time seeing how this technology applied to racing wheels could make the driving experience worse than it is currently. In fact, I am convinced that if studios use this technology properly, we will have much more precise and subtle force feedback than what we currently have.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Danielkart

Yes, I have the dual sense controller from the PS5 and I know what it does. Strange comparison to a child's game. But hey, calm down it has to be right for you. I'm just more cautious about believing everything the manufacturers say before I've been able to test it myself. We'll see what all of this will bring;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Djin

Djin Member

Strange to use the aesthetics of a game to downplay the potential of this technology. But, well, as you said, we'll know soon enough what it brings to the table.

• Like Like x 5
  16. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wenigstens ein Fan den du hast...

17. Danielkart

:D:p

18. Spacekid

Spacekid Member AMS2 Club Member

"Einen"

:whistle::D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Rettet dem Dativ! ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Berghe

Berghe BANNED BANNED

physics still under construction
    time trial not working

to be honest, this game is still in beta, since its release in March 2020.

• Disagree x 9
    • Dislike x 4
    • Funny x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1