Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm giving my little effort to cross to the next page

Edit: hello page 106
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 14
  2. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member

i think you broke it lol

3. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

i didn't expect that to be honest

• Like Like x 1
  4. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member

Hahahaha defo broke it. The curse of page 106

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Shhh or you’re getting a battle pass to get new content :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. iggymax

real ''page 106'' will be delayed

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Berghe

Berghe BANNED BANNED

This is so poor. I never mentioned the fact that we are still in a beta state of the sim before or that the leaderboards are still not valid. So this is a new part of my "broken record" you never heard before. And still working on the physics more than 3 years after release really feels like a game in beta state.

And I am really amused, that you had to give me a break for telling the truth. I feel like Julian Assange a little bit...

Since the beginning you are always working on the physics. Several times the leaderboard was deleted. As always your feedback "the engine is far more complex and you again found "something"" (probably you will end up in the Project Cars 2 physics at the end of this "ongoing optimization process" - that´s life.)

After 3.5 years you are still working on the physics, a part which should be finished more or less at the release date, especially in a "sim" when you call your product a sim.

Maybe I will try again this game, when the version 2.0 is released.

Your content is really nice, but the way of communication with raising expectations and always postponing the updates is not a good way of communication. Okay, it is software development and you never know, but if you do not know, do not raise any expectations.

So, give me that permanent ban now. I am finished with this show. Bye.

Peace out.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member

what a twoker

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

this is not an airport no need to announce your departure

• Funny Funny x 19
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So long, farewell

upload_2023-10-30_13-12-52.gif

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. B Stu

B Stu Member

It will be a sad day when a final version IS eventually released. The constant tweaking/ improvements can be a pain too, but this doesn't cost us a penny and shows the commitment is still there. Personally I'm grateful for that.

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Alice Cooper

Alice Cooper Member AMS2 Club Member

WRC goes on general release on the 3rd of Nov. In my opinion, not getting the update and/or new content for AMS2 out well before then is a missed opportunity, I suspect many current and new driving sim/game players, will head in that direction instead of AMS2?

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All of that would be mute if it meant Reiza releasing unfinished/rushed content. It'll be ready when it'll be ready, and with each passing day it is moving ever so slightly closer to that "ready" point (even if it doesn't feel like it).

These new shiny games coming out shouldn't matter to Reiza. What should matter is making sure AMS 2 is as good as possible, and not get distracted because WRC, AC2, and LMU are games that are coming out in the future.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

I've never been more amazed by people complaining about the fact that game is being improved constantly. I bet the same folk are first to point out abandonware and buggy, half-done projects.

I've never been happier that AMS2 keeps getting better and better, even when some functionality is temporarily unavailable as a result.

It's better to think a little further than the current state.

Thank you Reiza for being so dedicated. Please don't stop!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member

i honestly couldn't disagree more. A game that requires you to set up an account and sign over all your privacy rights before you even allowed to look at it is a extremely sad affair.
    Oh and let’s not forget the dishonesty they were trying to pull regarding triple screen support.
    EA can shove it, and i for one wouldn't entertain using their software if it was the only sim racing title available.
    Plus a rally only title vs ams2 really is no competition at all

• Agree Agree x 8
  16. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know right? fella was complaining that the game is still getting physics updates

Apparently getting improvements is a bad thing now? lol
    even iRacing after what? 15 years is still receiving improvements on the physics department

go figure at least after begging for a ban he is gone now

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  17. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

I fully agree.
    On the other hand I think the issue is related (as often happens with human beings) with communication.
    I assume that the frustration is due to the fact that it was communicated in advance that a better/more realistic/improved version would come and that "something wrong" was again found in current version with relation to physics and tyre threads / grip level.
    So, people is a bit underwhelmed by the fact that they know they have a "flawed" (even if slightly, maybe not even noticeable) version in their hand, and a fixed version is due to come, but without knowing when.
    Taking your iRacing example, if you had experience of it, they only tell what is in the update and what is improved after the update itself is landed and deployed (actually the day before, which is rather nice). And the updates are very fixed in time (every quarter).
    The few times they leaked something (e.g. rain) it was and still is a big big mess.
    Note: I dismissed my iRacing account since 1 year (after >6yrs) due to being not interested in online competition and not finding anymore a good physics and realistic feelings out of it, which I found instead in AMS2 consequently.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member

On top of my previous comment regarding EA, it also amuses me that people are quite happy to buy a new F1 game every year. At least i guess they are guaranteed £60 a year of their fan base. Personally i would have more respect for them if they released a F1 base game and made annual updates via dlc and charged the same price. It would be more honest than fettling a bit of code to the previous years game and calling it a new title

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  19. iggymax

He gonna make another account after 1.6 :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I disagree with this as well. But in my case, I'm not going to bash EA. I'm saying without any shame that I will play WRC on Nov 3rd (actually tomorrow :D) regardless AMS2 gets public update or not. And I believe there are lot of AMS players who are waiting for WRC as well. It's ok, few days later we will play both. Main thing is, like said above as well, that update is really polished.
    And maybe it's even a good thing if update comes after WRC hype has somewhat faded after its release. EA has been pretty strong on marketing side and social media/forums are pretty saturated with WRC currently.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2