Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I think rally simulations are a completely different matter and won't hurt Ams2. Personally, I am also a rally fan and will buy it and am excited about it:)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. T3k

T3k New Member

Steel enjoying the game. Never played with the formula trainer, and I was surprised how fun is to drive it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Yes spot on . Totally different experience in my opinion, I find ams2 a relatively relaxing experience whereas Rally sims/games tend to leave me pretty tense and stressed tbh. Think it's the constant threat of simulated death that leaves me in that state!

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Just shortly before the next update :whistle: then my advice is to safeguard yourself.
    So your timeconsumed best setups dont again suddenly gets ahem "disappeared".
    Just copy the whole folder vehiclesetups_1_5 to a safe place.
    Because then you can allways copy the folder back - as some kind of check.
    To check if your former setups does function better than any new defaults.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

Speaking of EA, they should be concerned about releasing Madden one month before they come out with FIFA - all the football fans are likely to gravitate to the newer game!

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. _Was

_Was Member

So tomorrow we party halloween with the update? :whistle:

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  7. Knell Rohan

Knell Rohan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza make best rally sim ever with s4s new phisengine

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Would buy it for $.

9. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Absolutely right, after a rally stage you're soaked in sweat and your pulse is at 200. Ams2 shouldn't and doesn't have to be a rally simulation, that won't happen either. But check out the awesome ones (Formula Dirt Cars / KART CROSS Cars / RX Cars / Copa Trucks / Go Karts) in Ams2. For me, what Ams2 offers here is innovation and absolutely unique. Maybe some hillclimb routes and maybe some hillclimb monster cars too? :)That would be fantastic, you can dream:D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Personally I'm liking the new defaults for the cars I tested in beta, but I agree 100% on backing up your setup folder just in case.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

100%, WRC looks mega and I will also be putting many hours into it

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Alice Cooper

Alice Cooper Member AMS2 Club Member

I think some of you are missing the point. AMS2 is my go to driving sim every time (plenty of hours played as my steam profile shows). My point is that whether you like it or not WRC has been anticipated by many current driving game players and new players looking for a first driving game. I wish they would all choose AMS2 in its current form! Personally I'm happy to wait for as long as it takes for Reiza to update/add/improve AMS2. But the arrival of another big update before the release of WRC, in my opinion, would have helped to quiet the detractors and/or attract new players. Just food for thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Member AMS2 Club Member

I think we didn't miss the point. @Danielkart probably put it the best, WRC is a different matter and tbf even a different genre. AMS is not directly competing with it, current players can enjoy both and newcomers, if they choose WRC, have done nothing wrong and will be very happy. I do not think a little (which actually wont be so little in physics) update would turn one rally fan mind.

For example, in 2020, I bought WRC 8 before AC which was fully finished product with awesome CSP or ACC, which was in full swing. I wasn't bothered about these games at this point. AMS2 was not even released in public, yet here I am now, spending money for beta access.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

The more obvious point is that people either own AMS2 and are waiting for an update or don't own AMS2 and don't know that there is an update to be waiting for.

WRC coming out is unlikely to make any difference to anything other than player numbers. How many of you will buy WRC despite the fact that you own AMS2 as well.

Further still, how many of you own most if not all of the serious sims out there?

• Agree Agree x 8
  15. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

At least 1 (me)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Skidmark33

Skidmark33 Member AMS2 Club Member

Any hints on where to find it - the file path to set ups?

Thanks!

17. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

>Documents>Automobilista2>savegame>your steamid>automobilista2>vehiclesetups_1_5
    Next release the vehicle setups folder name changes.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Motorsport Games´s stock value is now down to 2.70 USD, basically the equal historic minimum equivalent to 27 cents before they divided the value to comply with regulations to stay above a dollar.

There is a lot riding on the Le Mans game release and if it doesn´t happen I can see that being the end of the road.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Just an advice from one who have a lot of experience with both backup and copying back setup files.
    Because of the idiotic pCars setup file "managesment" in AMS2 then you can get a problem if you does copy older backuped setups back into the new setup folder with a lot of new ones.
    Probably because some hidden index file gets corupted if as example 2 setups have the same name.
    Then one of these files does puff just disappear.:rolleyes:
    The safest thing is only to have old setups inside the setup folder or only new ones.
    But the problem is easy to solve if you allways does keep a backup of the new & the old ones as safe guarding. ;)

20. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Yet another complainer who purchased a product without reading the box.

The website and Steam page both state quite clearly that AMS2 is an evolving long term development project.

To understand that and then state an expectation that physics are in their final state at release date, only proves that our now banned friend, does indeed have their head up their own arse.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1