Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

Max resolution and 120fps??
    How far did you go with the FOV tangent multiplier?

2. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

Its Possible. I use a Quest3, Rtx4070, 32 Gb.
    Max Resolution, 2.0 Supersampling in Ams2, Fov like Helmet View. 0,8/0,3.
    Medium/high Game Settings. But i select 72Hz.

3. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Question, are you talking about the "helmet fov" Graphic option in the game? I have oculus cv1 and I have never been able to see the blurring working.
    Do you have any advice? Or maybe you are referring to smthg different?
    I also read about fov tangent multiplier, what is that?

4. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

Yeah cool, was just curious.
    I'm still running an RTX2070(S) with 0.85/0.60.
    I don't max the resolution obviously and running 80hz.
    Does the job.

5. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

Re: FOV Tangent Multiplier

In the Oculus Debug Tool, you can adjust the horizontal and vertical FOV "limits". It's an easy way to gain a bucket load of GPU headroom as you're reducing the amount of pixels to render.

Of course, the further to go, the bigger the black bars at your periphery are. Think of it like a letterbox movie on a 4x3 screen.

It's especially useful for sim racing as you're only really focused on the road ahead rather than the roof and your legs. It also somewhat simulates your view out of a helmet with a reduced vertical FOV.

You can usually reduce the FOV to about 0.9 horizontally and vertically without even noticing (depending on your IPD and facial interface).

I've probably made a mess of that explanation, sorry. Perhaps someone with more sleep can elaborate....

Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Nono crystal clear. Thank you! I thought it was the helmet fov (blurring) option in ams2 menu. That feature I have never been able to make it work in vr...

7. DrEvil

DrEvil New Member

How do you do the supersampling? in the AMS2 VR settings or using the oculus tray tool? I tried both and I see absolutely no difference compared to just leave it at 1.0. It seems to me that supersampling just doesn't work in AMS2. Do you have a different experience?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I set super sampling from Steam VR. It absolutely give a clearer image.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I'm pretty certain that AMS2 is at most halfway through its dev cycle. I also think the "competitors" to come will have a series of unexpected issues to go through, as seems par for the course these days. Rennsport is really not at all faring well, GTRevival's release is completely unknown; the most imminent one is probably AC2, but I think people seriously underestimate the daunting task for Kunos to give that sim anything AC and ACC don't have.

• Like Like x 1
  10. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall

Racin' USA Pack Pt4, Adrenaline Pack Pt2, Supercars Pack Pt2 (nc), Brazilian Racing Legends Pack Pt2(nc) and new GT3's and Proto series with LeMans is quite a lot of future content for AMS2.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Pablo Abella

Pablo Abella New Member

I'm sorry you didn't understand me. What I am trying to express is that those of us who visit this forum know that it is something "momentary" but a new user, who is unaware of the existence of this forum, how can he know that the TT will return, or if they ever existed? I understand that improving communication with a user improves the product.
    Like I said, it's just constructive criticism.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. MONCHY

MONCHY New Member

Vous avez développé avec succès la physique 1.5, je trouve dommage de garder pour une simulation l’option aide : ON, OFF, AUTHENTIC dans l’onglet réaliste. La seule que l’on devrait avoir dans le jeu pour être tous au même niveau est AUTHENTIC. C’est plus juste pour tout le monde

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

Just in Ams2 and then restart the Game....

14. sillib

sillib New Member

Supersampling in AMS2 does not work!

15. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

what makes you think that? It works perfectly for me

16. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

I think it will be eay for Kunos to improve on vanilla AC and ACC but quite hard not to disappoint the players who are using all the mods and patches for AC. It´s hard for a business to rival with a passion when hours have to be accounted for on payroll.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

That, too, of course - but I was referring more towards the fact that especially AC is a very simple game that does its fundamentals flawlessly well. If you want to improve on that, you will have to go beyond, and then it all gets complex and more easy for things to go wrong.

SETA tire model is quasi anti-AC in approach, very complex, very layered, very detailed, and after 8 years of being in published games it's now approaching a non-beta status in terms of doing what it should.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

I forgot to add Turismo Carretera. Those straight-6 always give me chills..

• Like Like x 2
  19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah the same 1 or 2 people.
    Instead of inventing such a goofy "argument" then do yourself a favour and compare these 2 single complaints with all the people here and in the Racedepartment forum who reasonably have raised their voices against destroying the TT competition without any valid explanation.

ByTheWay: And I know exactly how few people it is because I calmly advised them to just take screendumps of their positions on the LBs. Thats the way to react instead of using this large :rolleyes: number in a pseudo argument.

20. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Fully share what you're saying

Regarding physical models, the brush model [here] discretizes the contact patch into a series of bristles aiming to understand what happens during tire–road interaction. Romano et al. have employed a modified brush model to investigate transient effects of the tire force generation, including non-linearities [here,here,here]. Semi-physical models have also been used to study the influence of vertical load excitation frequency on the generation of contact forces [here]. Recently, with the development of finite element methods, many simulations have been carried out to study mechanical carcass deformation, pressure distribution in the contact footprint, and the generation of tangential forces [here,here]. The main problem with these methods is their computational cost, which makes it unfeasible to use them for real-time applications. In addition, a deep knowledge of tire construction is required, including: the compounds used, fiber arrangement, amount of wear, etc. Thus, FEM simulations have been relegated to the following applications: tire design by manufacturers, the study of high-frequency behavior (vibration modes) of tires, improving the understanding of mechanical/elastic behavior of tires, and, finally, allowing the generation of simplified finite element models for use in real-time applications: simulation and videogames, mainly.

Based on experimental and FEM results, several software packages analyze tire dynamics in the following ways. The SETA tire model, used in the Project Cars 2 driving simulator, performs three simultaneous simulations: tire deformation, generation of contact forces in the tire tread and contact patch, and heat transfer and generation model [here]. Michelin’s TaMeTirE model [here,here,here] also performs three simulations, virtually identical to the SETA model. For the generation of contact forces, it distinguishes two zones: sliding and adherent. Cosin’s FTire model also performs simultaneous simulations: mechanical, thermal, wear, air volume vibration, and the flexible visco-plastic rim one [here,here].

The first methods described (Pacejka used by the Kunos model) , the empirical ones, have the advantage that it is only under certain conditions it is necessary to measure contact forces and to access these data, either in the form of Look-Up-Tables or mathematical expressions. On the other hand, apart from the tested conditions, that is, apart from the conditions of loading, temperatures, slip, velocities, and rolling surface, the results must be extrapolated and their accuracy is not guaranteed.

All this is extracted from this report, which mentions several studies and next-generation simulation applications to simulate very complex tire models.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 14
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1