Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

MSG´s Le Mans game is to release in February 2024.

Both Indycar and BTCC games have been officially cancelled and they do not look like they have enough cash to survive through till February, even after selling the Nascar licence and reducing their staff.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
  2. Lele

Lele New Member

Afaik only the btcc game have been officially cancelled for now

3. Lele

Lele New Member

Sorry I was reading right now the investor calls and they said they are suspending the development of the game.
    Reiza please buy the licence.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Gabriel Andrade Pessoa

Gabriel Andrade Pessoa TotosaLoko

There is already an interesting list of series, classes and cars running on the Brazilian racing calendar, including TCR Brasil, which would meet this need, it remains to be seen which one and whether Reiza intends to include it in the future..

• Like Like x 3
  5. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

I don't see Kunos having any problem reaping the rewards from its golden goose. I know that I'm a first day buy. I'm sure there are thousands like me. Also, 2024 is a lot different than 2014. DD Wheels and profile rigs are fairly standard now. The world of motor racing and sim racing are more brothers than cousins. One of the most avid sim racers is a three time F1 champion.

I hope AC sticks with its original model of covering a cornucopia of autos. I think AC, without modding, still cover street cars better than most any other sim.

I am even more jazzed now that have decided to go with an in-house engine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lele

Lele New Member

There is also nascar Brazil that started this year

• Like Like x 3
  7. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Damn, you know what that means?.. you have now endangered the possibility of it releasing for this weekend (you know how that stuff often works in life) ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

**Cough**
    Two times
    **Cough**

Excuse me! :D

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

Yeah but at least we got a bunch of BTCC DLC for rFactor 2

10. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Is there a chance for AMS2 to have the official and proper modern IndyCar if MSG loses the license ?
    EXwx8A7XkAEEovs.jpg

This screenshot was from the August 2022 dev update before the deal fell through because of the MSG bull&%#$. Let's hope the cars were not thrown into the bin just yet.
    298936073_5964628660218744_5569037489236420033_n.jpg

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
  11. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

I would imagine MSG worked out it is more profitable to sell on the licence than to make their own game with no funds. It´s probably the last main asset they have unless the WEC game is cancelled so I guess for the right price it will go to the highest bidder. Reiza are quite well placed but it might be better to wait till MSG goes bust and acquire everything then cheaper under liquidation or if they revert back to the owners, on their own terms.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately I fear that the there is requirement for having dedicated game (and probably one that is also for consoles), which doesn't seem to be anyway realistic in Reiza's case. I doubt they are willing to do just a licence deal for some dlc for existing sim. Same applies with the BTCC deal.

The biggest stupidity from MSG was to start making such deals and promises and think they can pull off quality single series focused games quickly. They don't seem to have had any realistic idea what it requires these days. I feel really sorry for all the development studios involved with this.

LMU might be actually good, at least it's made by same studio that knows and develops rF2 these days and they didn't do the mistake that they try to make it work for consoles that MSG tried with that Nascar game catastrophe earlier. In any case, that seems to be going to be skin of rF2 that has been tuned for that series. Have to remember that LMU I think contains only 2 tracks that rF2 don't already have and it's like 7 tracks in total. How many new they would have needed to get the official Indycar and BTCC games done for for tracks alone (not to mention console ports, game modes, etc.)

13. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
  14. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

The car already existed as a DLC, so unless Reiza would state otherwise in some future dev update about the situation i do not see any reason why it cannot be re-introduced into AMS2 once again now that the IndyCar game was canceled. Also iRacing has the modern IndyCar too, yet there is no console game made by those devs either, so i see that being a reason as very unlikely, nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Hi everyone. What fuel and tyre settings are best for AI when driving against them in full race (F1)? I mean wear and consumption, on or off, accelerated or authentic, refuel or not. AI is very slow end of stints. It's basically like this: I am slow in the beginning but fast in the end if I'm full tank, with AI it's other way around. Have been testing these settings quite a lot but haven't found best solution yet. I would like consistent racing with AI. Driving F-Classic Gen3 cars with 1990 skin mod. Did some tweaks on AI file for few drivers. AI have fuel but not weight that player have with full tank. Is this correct assessment? For beta players: Does new update somewhat fix these? I hope the update come sooner than later. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The issue is as you wrote, the AI doesn't suffer from the fuel weight and their tire wear is higher and they wait too long to change tires.

Dunno if I might get in trouble for this, but this isn't sensitive info( I think...:confused:)
    The AI tire wear and pit logic is being worked on and theres a definitive improvement, while the fuel issue is being worked on but only on 1 of the Formula classes and still very much WIP.

So unfortunately right now, there's no balanced way to do long races on any formula class from the RetroG2 to the modern ones on the main release.

Hopefully by the time the update is officially out we can finally do long races in the Formula cars in a fair way with the AI.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Uh-Oh!

Lucky guy, it gets a pass, just be careful with the depth of info. :D

Jokes aside, it's true that AI pace over a longer period needs adjustments and they will eventually come.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Whew!!:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. lionelavec

lionelavec New Member

Are we there yet?

20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

NO!!! ONCE MORE AND NO UPDATE FOR EVERYONE!

• Funny Funny x 10