Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member

dont think so. Hes been lurking if you check his profile. Cheeky bugger

2. Apex

Apex Active Member

Page 123 surely means 1.. 2.. 3... Aaaaand it's lights out and away we go, Renato pushing hard on the release button, two.. no three beta testers already coming hard together in the first corner, and a fourth turning into the barrier in sympathy, we've got debris everywhere, but this version is looking utterly beautiful! This is sen-satio-nal stuff!

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Sounds a bit like a race I did. Except I didn't know how to start a race in AMS2 using manual cars so I stalled the engine and a guy crashed into me

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Gabriel Andrade Pessoa

Gabriel Andrade Pessoa TotosaLoko

I just know that i'm feeling this way today: come on Renato, i never asked you for anything, just a little update, please!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

If you are gamepad/controller player like I am (xbox 360 controller) have you ever noticed that increasing speed sens (like 90) that your fronts don't heat up as much as when it's lower sens (like 75)? I've been testing this and noticed little variation. Higher speed sens makes fronts heat up slower and don't overheat that much but rears heat up faster. Or is it just me? :D My driving style might be hard on fronts but I like my car to be a little oversteery.

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Speed sensitivity effectively reduces steering lock with more speed.

A higher speed sensitivity value makes your fronts steer less and scrubb less beyond their peak slip angle -> This leads to less tire abrasion and potentially a more responsive front if hitting the sweet spot of front tires peak slip (their foot print follows desired movement direction better and with less strain) - this can also cause more oversteer in that sense because you create more front grip that way because the higher sens value goes less beyond the tire slip but just enough.

It's not always given that lower speed sensitivity is the right way and not always is it better to put less energy/strain into the front tires by higher speed sense has to be said tho. Being a bit beyond peak slip on the fronts can show beneficial.

For some cars using variable speed sensitivity settings can pay off in pace and balance when configuring gamepad controls.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Janitormentor

Thanks for info. I'm using 75 speed sens and 75 steering sens, damping 0, steering deadzone 0, others are default. These has been my best settings by far. Getting more responsive handling in corners, it's not too twitchy on straights and can correct if under or oversteer. Tested fast cars (F-Ultimate) by downforce on Spa (Pouhon corner) and found sweetspot for me. Is there faster cars by downforce? Over 80 speed sens cars just not turning fast enough on fast corners and lower than 70 they become twitchy.

8. CrimsonEminence

When i run controller tests i usually also find myself in the ballpark between 70 and 80.

F-Ultimates probably feature the highest figures in downforce currently, yeah.

• Informative Informative x 4
  9. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

That might be the case for people who use tap steer and/or aren't very precise with their inputs.
    For me I set my Xbox 360 controller as custom wheel, I use speed sensitivity at 50, damping at 0, all deadzones at 0, steering sensitivity at 50, steering wheel range at 300, and steering lock at 15 (same settings I use in AMS1 and other games). Those settings work ok for precision steering in AMS2 but they're nowhere near as good and responsive as controls in AMS1. Also, I use DXace which improves controls a bit in terms of steering response and haptic feedback.
    There was a time when I experimented setting speed sensitivity at 0 to see if that would get rid of the built-in filters that delay the inputs, it's playable with most cars but it can be difficult to be consistent over long races, so in the end I went back to 50 like I do in all my other racing games.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Andy Reader

Andy Reader Member

Maybe it's formula E. or it could have something to do with the Hitech team which will be joining f1 in 2026 i believe.

11. Janitormentor

I have tried custom wheel setting but I can't configure it properly or at all but I'm pretty satisfied with my settings and not using tap steering, maybe used it psx times when playing some f1 games back then, smoothness is the key now. Maybe I try again to change some settings.

AMS1 controls are perfect. Hopefully they can match it in AMS2 someday.

I need to balance my car correctly so it fits my driving style, oversteer little to compensate front tyre heating and wear.

Maybe I have Alonso driving style but sometimes it feels like Räikkönen style, maybe little both? Adaptive style? I think I have pretty aggressive style because fronts can't keep up with me depending on track. I like fast turn-in.

Interlagos is pretty bad for front tires and it's been my testing ground mainly.

12. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

We are soo close, closer than ever today. But there might be something more we can improve imo.. Keep searching :hurrayreiza:

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

In the realm of dreams, I found myself standing atop celestial mountains, bathed in golden hues. The air whispered with divine secrets as the Sun God, radiant and regal, spoke in verses of a forthcoming day. "Today," proclaimed the deity in a sonnet woven with cosmic threads, "Today is the Dev Update Day".

• Winner x 6
    • Funny x 5
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  14. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Are you sure it reduces the lock? I think the max lock is stil the same but it is just slower get there, kind of like if you steer a truck because the steering is geared down and similar to the steering rotation degrees on a wheel -1080 takes forever and 180 is super direct but the maximum angle of lock is still the same.

Increasing damping has a similar effect but at all speed the car travels so if a car is too twitch with less than 70 speed sensitivity then try more damping.
    What also affects the tyres is the steering lock and as we know this is hard baked in at minimum 14 degrees on AMS2 and no one seems to want to change that to allow lower values for ovals where more lock is not needed or for cars like the BMW GTs, which are too responsive.

15. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

Jokes aside imagine if...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I personally think an update this weekend is still rather unlikely... not too long after though.

• Agree Agree x 8
  17. CrimsonEminence

"Speed sensitivity" reduces max steering lock the faster you go, yes.

"Steering Sensitivity", which is a different value, can make things sluggish.

• Like Like x 1
  18. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Just out of curiosity, which cars are you driving that have issues with front tyre overheating?
    I haven't played the main game in a few months, I've been playing only the beta since car handling is considerably better in the beta imo. I've ben driving mostly Porsche Cup and even did a race at Interlagos the other day, no issues with overheating while using default setup. Same goes for other cars I've tested recently (GT3s, GT4s, some open-wheelers).

19. Janitormentor

Open-wheel F-Classic Gen 3 cars mostly with 1990 skinpack. Tested quickly some cars on Spa, front tyre heating is manageable depending on car. F-Ultimate Gen 2 car overheat fronts most. Maybe they are softs by default. Hard is good race tyre for me when driving F-Classic Gen3 cars.

Nice to hear that cars have better driveability in beta. Waiting update patiently... :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

With AC2 now Q2 2024, Le Mans Ultimate postponed to Q1 2024, BTCC game canceled, Indycar game suspended, new WRC disappointing, I think AMS2 will have a pretty comfortable place in simracing community.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2