Automobilista - July 2017 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

AI improvements, better Gamepad support, Surround sound ....... seems like these are features which will make not only Automobilista even better, but also building the foundation for Reiza17. All parts of the development update sound great.:hurrayreiza: Ibarra looks gorgeous.

Nevertheless i was hoping for a tiny little bit of "Reiza17" info. But sadly, Reiza kept it for later. So another month of trying to be patient.:rolleyes:

2. Roberto Moraes

Roberto Moraes New Member

Reiza, vcs estão cada vez melhor!!

Obrigado Renato Simioni!! 13092003_1237400492937837_6129504816656946402_n.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nox

Nox New Member

Development coming to an end? Does that mean no manufacturer pack or no group b rally (and hillclimb) as previously said?

Thanks for this update, by the way, not complaining just asking for more info.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The point-to-point rally track has been dropped unfortunately, for a variety of reasons including licensing. Sadly this also removes the point for the Group B car, although it´s not fully off the table.

The manufacturer pack is still on the table - I did mention there are a couple of news still to come :)

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  5. Augusto

Augusto Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni remember to put an upgrade option for the Uno called "roof ladder", which instantly adds 200Hp and reduces 100kg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for clarification!
    How many dlc packs are on the table for the future?
    When AMS will end his development we (beta guys) will be part of Reiza17 Beta too???
    I ask because we love to follow your work and I will miss you guys if you go in "silent mode" during new title development...:oops:

7. Schlitty

Schlitty Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sad to hear about the point-to-point but understandable. Feel free to make it up to us with a couple more dirt tracks and an offroad supertruck or something! :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

Real-life footage cars, actually racing in 2017!

The Beetle, Uno and several others at Tarumã!

Hope all of them hit AMS :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Eduardo Mennocchi

Eduardo Mennocchi Racecar driver wannabe AMS2 Club Member

Super job guys, as usual! What you've been doing with this sim throughout the months is something amazing. Graphics are great for a so-called "outdated engine", car physics and the immersion we feel when playing AMS seems super real/accurate. This AI improvement is a jewel, the video of the Boxer spinning and rejoining safely to the track is something that I've never seen before in any sim. Exclusive tracks and cars currently available is something unique for the sim, so keep up the good work! Specially when it comes to Reiza 2017 - or 2018, should I say? ;)

My only request for the upcoming title is: please take a look at some popular cars out there. Even though is amazing to have unique cars in the sim, sometimes people are looking for the cars they see racing every single weekend on their TVs, specially when we talk about a global audience, which may not be super familiar with Stock Cars and some other regional series in Brazil. I would love to seem some GT3 or other prototypes (similar to IMSA, WEC, etc.) - those categories are becoming super popular worldwide and definitely deserves some attention. :)

Aside from that, thanks for the great sim and the on-going development and support. From all the sims available in the market, Reiza is the team that provides closer interaction with their users and actively listen to their requests.:cool:

Long live :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Rodrigo araujo

Rodrigo araujo New Member

Cara, que demais, parabéns pela atualização, ficou realmente show!

Mas seria pedir demais a correção do erro na TELEMETRIA quando alguém entra ou sai da sessão?

Abraço!

11. Thiago Moya

Thiago Moya New Member AMS2 Club Member

Done, mate.
    + 100km/h after this upgrade.
    @Renato Simioni

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  12. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

More great news with surround sound on the way. Thank you to all at Reiza for the continued great work you put in, and for the never ending additions, updates and surpirses. I'm really, really, still enjoying this sim as much as, or even more, than when it started as Game Stock Car (was that really 2010 or 2011?).

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. troublemaker

troublemaker New Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope they brought back the tree at VIR!!! [​IMG]

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Novotny

Novotny New Member

Lol whenever I see 'Beetle' written like that, for a split-second I'm sure it's a spelling mistake.

15. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

In 2010 "Formula Armaroli", originally a mod for rFactor and that today in the AMS is called "Formula Classic". Subsequently the titles "Game Stock Car 2011/12/13". In 2014, renamed the 2013 title for "Stock Car Extreme" and in 2015 the current title: "Automobilista".
    Wow, longtime partner ;).

Congratulations Reiza and much success!

16. Nathaniel Reese

Nathaniel Reese Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I mean any fictional point to point will doo :) .. it could give impulse to modders to do more .. I`m sure Alex would love to let his creativity go wild and do someting that doesn`t start where it ends .. Hillclimb paid DLC ... car+track or two :)

But I understand if it is time to rest and move one ... anyway thanx for good update ..

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd happily participate in another campaign if it was to get a car brand license. Porsche looks like is giving them away like donuts

• Like Like x 3
  18. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm really really happy about how ams has evolved and what its becoming. It's really a true feat of developer and community coming together to produce something that could easily be the best sim on the market. I feel somewhat proud to be part of it with reiza. You guys are quite amazing and such a small team. Well done. you should be proud too!

plus am i the only one happy, rallyings been dropped! I want racing.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ricardo Campos

Ricardo Campos New Member AMS2 Club Member

Congratulations, Reiza.
    Nice work.

Curiosity,
    Do I need to make any specific settings for better use of surround audio?

20. Atsuki

Atsuki Member AMS2 Club Member

I came here just to comment this!

I want an option to install stickers of TV/Internet companies too!

• Funny Funny x 2