Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

I don't understand why some people worry so much about the other simracing games
    especially on those one dimensional, like a girlfriend will leave you if she speaks with the other guy type of fear.
    Be like Jarno my friends and enjoy in the update
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Not for me its not. Playing the hell out of it. Peugot 206 at Greece is awesome as is Hillman Avenger in Estonia. Loving it so far and thats from someone who played the living daylights out of RBR (and mods) since 2004 as well as DR/DR2 as an avid Rally fan/enthusiast. Its not perfect, but neither is AMS2 (Which I equally enjoy). Actually, I enjoy playing loads of racing sims/games.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

To Reiza: Slight nitpick but are you gonna update roof cameras for open-wheel cars? Now camera is too zoomed in for some cars. AMS1 had great cameras, especially roof cam for open-wheelers. I mean that we could see helmet, front tires fully and maybe sidepods. :D I know I can change fov but it's not the same. I like default fov (70). Maybe give us option to change it in-game? Universal or individual camera but some setting could be nice. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

well, to be fair, a lot of trackside camera's are also zoomed in way to much on the players car, eliminating the view of incidents/overtakes a fair bit....

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Right control + K then numberpad keys are your friend. double right control K to save but it resets if you change view again. This is what Reiza need to fix, the ability to perma save external views per car. Only the Citroen DS saves it at the moment.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Janitormentor

Doesn't this only move camera and not changing zoom-in? I have tried this but it left me somewhat disappointed.

Okay, so we need zoom setting to camera so we don't have to see everything through binoculars! :D

7. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Keys 7 and 1 zoom in and out.

Project Cars controls.
    Numpad 2: increase pitch
    Numpad 3: switch lights on/off
    Numpad 8: decrease pitch
    Numpad 4: increase yaw
    Numpad 6: decrease yaw
    Numpad 7: increase radius
    Numpad 9: decrease radius
    Numpad 1: increase roll
    Numpad 3: decrease roll
    Numpad -: increase FOV
    Numpad +: decrease FOV
    D: forward
    A: backward
    W: up
    S: down
    Q: left
    E: right
    SHIFT key in combination with any of the above: slow down camera movement
    Numpad 5: reset to original settings for current camera

These ones aparently don´t work in AMS2
    save/load of attached camera state:
    Ctrl + F11 - save camera state to current slot
    F11- load camera state from current slot
    Alt + F11 - move to next slot (wrap to first slot when on last one) and load camera state
    Shift + F11 - move to previous slot (wrap to last slot when on first one) and load camera state

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Janitormentor

Damn, this needs new testing. Many thanks for convincing me to try again. :)

9. Janitormentor

Numpads didn't work for me. D, A, W and S worked but only for cockpit camera.

10. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

They work for everyone but you need to do the right ctrl + K combination to activate them. Left control doesn´t work.

It´s a bit fiddly and took me time to suss out but also check if your NUM LOCK is off. There are plenty Project Cars vids on youtube showing how it works.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
  11. Janitormentor

Oh it did work, I was just blind (stupid) and did not see that ctrl+k combo. :D Left ctrl also worked. Tried everything but there is no zoom function. :( 1 and 2 keys only changed brake bias and 7 key did nothing. Numpads worked and tried increasing pitch with numpad 2. That I can set it correctly how I want but can't see anything in front of me, that's why I want zoom function. That kind of camera I want but with zoom option as well. So I can see tyre outer edge also.

Roof camera like AMS1 open-wheelers... I miss you. :D

12. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

sounds lke you have double binded the necessary keys so you´lll need to try with a new keyset. It works, I use it for chase cam and you can get it like raceroom or ac.

13. Janitormentor

These are default settings I have. I'll try next time to change it and test then.

14. Janitormentor

I binded keys 1 and 2 to different place but couldn't get that so called zoom to work and key 7 just isn't bind to anything. Puzzling little thing. I might just have to give up. Hopefully Reiza zooms these posts in here so they can fix it someday. :)

15. Gabriel Andrade Pessoa

Gabriel Andrade Pessoa TotosaLoko

A specific camera just for the car dashboard like the ACC has would be very welcome..

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

use a new control set entirely then you wont have issues with binds then take the Citroen car. I foy chage to chase cam these keys will zoom in and out and also change the pitch with 8 and 2. If the change is quick movement and snaps back then you are doing it wrong. Try 2 times ctrl K until you figure it out.

17. Janitormentor

I did this but nothing. No zoom button anywhere. :D Maybe I'm not worth using it then. I don't use chase cam, using roof cam only when driving, every car. I can modify cams left and right, pitch and even roll but no zoom whatsoever. Did new control scheme and nothing. Oh well, gonna leave it alone. Anywhere I looked (project cars forums or something like that), keys 1 and 7 doesn't zoom. If I max fov then it's a camera setting I want but not with that high fov (120). Make it zoom but without changing fov. Reiza need to make permanent solution for this. Better camera means better driving. Give us tools, something to work with. Be zooming ya. ;)

18. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

Since we’re getting drip-fed hints… has there been any improvement on AI consistency from track to track? I.e. how a level 95 at Imola is like a level 90 at Bathurst and a level 100 at Laguna Seca?

(Side note: maybe this is a Get Good situation, but I’m always flummoxed when people post “the AI is so slow, I’m running them at 120! :(“ - how are people even competing with AI that high? I’ve been simracing for years and have a good handle on most speedy techniques - I’m only on a Thrustmaster T150 with T3PA pedals, so maybe it’s that :confused:)

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Informative Informative x 12
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It has nothing to do with your equipment or skills. At various points in AMS2's history certain car and track combinations have become "uncalibrated" (in either direction) due to physics updates etc. I'm completely average pace wise and have known combos that I could beat very easily at 120, and others where 90 was too fast for me. It's all just part of the ongoing development and calibration process, and will all come together in time.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2