Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Djin

Djin Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member

me too

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. bmkfp

bmkfp New Member

So if I found good AI levels for track car combinations, would I have to recalibrate them after the update?

4. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

So it´s true 7 and 1 don´t work with the roof cam but plus and minus keys certainly do and allowed me to position the camera closer to the front of the car or further back It works for bonnet and roof cams.

5. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Plus and minus only changes fov in my knowledge. Zoom and fov aren't the same thing. Or are those? Default fov is good for me thanks.

I want camera zoom option (not fov, there is already that setting) for roof cam (basically all cams but still). So I can set it like it was in AMS1. That was pretty much perfect. There was files you could modify to your liking but AMS2 doesn't have that option, might be wrong though.

If that isn't possible for time being or ever I must live with it then. I can deal with it but it would be nice to have options to do it.

Sorry if I'm sounding like ass now but thanks for trying to help me with this situation.

6. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, Renato has already advised that tyre refinements - which will obviously affect pace - are a big part of the upcoming update. It's only logical then to assume that at least some combos will have altered pace and thus that AI strength compared to you might change. Some big steps towards improving consistency track to track are being taken though.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

I checked and they don´t modify the FOV value in camera settings. Maybe because it doesn´t save?

Perhaps a modder could create a tool like the one for Dirt2 where you can customise the cameras for all cars and save them. That would be great as it is obviously not a priority for Reiza.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
  8. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

I have always said REIZA should have focused on developing MP and SP modes instead of adding content. Rfactor2 shows that, even with limited content but a robust MP system, you can attract a lot of users.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. noel spence

noel spence Member AMS2 Club Member

yes come and join us all over at r factor 2 the driving experience to me is much better ,and i have been doing ams2 from the start ,not as many cars but the ones they have feel dam good ,and yes i can run 90fps in vr at night with lights on full field woo hoo
    And there multi system works a lot better than ams2 ,and i mean a lot

Last edited: Nov 12, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

VR has an akward feeling in rF2 compared to AMS2. I tried everything that I could tweak with it but somehow AMS2 always feels more natural.

And I don't agree with the driving experience, I have the opposite experience. To me AMS2 drives and feels way better than rF2, and is especially more consistent in driving behaviour. Some cars in rF2 feel great but some cars feel really strange. And the FFB is also not consistent, some cars have super strong FFB and some other cars almost got zero FFB. This makes driving different kind of cars in that game almost an impossible thing to do because you need to tweak the game for every single car. Besides that, the majority of the content simply looks and feels outdated(cars and tracks).

Where rF2 shines at this moment is at the new multiplayer system in the release candidate and indeed the night/rain VR performance. But also on the lack of visual VR bugs, no flickering of textures(z-fighting) or sparks/reflections out of place.

But overal AMS2 is and stays my to go sim, it's just simply a way better experience to me. It's also much more consistent in terms of quality, in rF2 80-90% of the content is just not good enough, only some of the latest content is nice enough (such as the Porsche 992 and Long Beach), but most content is just rubbish(especially almost all mod's(yes some are good but not many and I have to install 300GB of content to find out which 1GB of mod's is good, it's a complete mess), they ruin all public servers).

But let's not forget that this is the AMS2 forum. No need to "invite people to rf2"; I think that everyone here already knows about this title and made their decision. Let's stay on topic.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. noel spence

noel spence Member AMS2 Club Member

each to there own

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Done!

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member

come on guys let get 50 of these forms filled in. Show reiza that we really do love them even if they keep us waiting. On top of that i dont want thing like forza or need for speed or other arcade games being related to our real sims

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

done…

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

RF2 in night looks like cartoons. Its a no no for me. But during the day its way better and the competition system is also great. I just dont understand why its limited to m2, radical and tatus for rookies. The ffb of m2 and radical is so bad for me. MP in AMS2 will probably never be fixed. Not even race starts are synced in some races for all players. I see often half of the field start racing 1s before green and no penalties. Also the weather is not synced properly so I am afraid its beyond Reiza skills to fix this dark side of Madness.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. ALAIN LEFEBVRE

ALAIN LEFEBVRE Member AMS2 Club Member

Here I would like to share with you my testimony regarding waiting for AMS2 updates.
    Until last week, I was, like many, very impatient to discover the latest update which would further improve version 1.5 of AMS2. And I was also very keen to know the future developments of our favorite simulation. Given the situation of the SimRacing offer landscape, all our hopes now rest on Reiza's work!
    And then, I was finally able to participate in some online test races with others. Short races in order to be able to assess the level of certain functions such as the blue flags in the case that I was able to see up close. And since these few experiences (modest experiences), my opinion and my attitude have changed. Certainly, I would like Reiza to communicate more on the developments, just as I would like to have the latest version of AMS2 at my disposal with all the functions that I expect and hope for (and all in perfect condition Of course !).
    But now that I've seen what it means to evolve a rich and complex simulation, I understand better why it takes so much time and effort!
    I also understand why Reiza is pushing back the release date of this next update because you have to reach a certain level of quality and it's not easy to do.
    So, yes, we are impatient but going to the other side involves you and allows you to understand that it is better to wait until it is impeccable before releasing a highly anticipated evolution into the wild.
    My testimony is not intended to be anything other than a simple testimony, it is not an example and it is not intended to influence you. Like everyone else, I'm selfish in my expectations of AMS2. I don't like rallycross and so I might consider adding this discipline a waste of time (while I would like Reiza to focus her efforts on "historical content") in a simulation that is already very large. But I understand that you have to please a crowd that is very diverse and for whom “historical content” can mean very different things.
    But, now that I participate a little (from time to time) in the Beta tests, I realize that it adds a layer to the pleasure that I can have with SimRacing. That'll be it for this time!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

This deserves its own thread. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Are we there yet with the new update ? Also where's the cheese at ?
    Senna Waiting.png

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Soon (tm)
    Sooner (tm)
    The Soonest (tm)
    :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member