Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

I thought it was funny when one guy here said it back in late october that he expecting it in december, now i see it.. (btw vote guys for AMS2 on FIA community esports survey)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

With no disrespect intended, it must be easy to urge patience when you have a red banner under your name and have been seeing and enjoying the changes, however gradual or detrimental.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Racinglegend1234

Well we have to drive through bugs which can’t be fun if your favourite track goes invisible

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Bizarre Formula

I understand the drawbacks (though I doubt that you regret being part of it), I was just trying to gently make the point that being told to be patient by people who do not have to be patient doesn't help.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. DinoM

DinoM Member

My favorite track, Mugello, is also invisible, at least I haven't seen it in AMS2 yet. ;)

Sorry. :D

• Funny Funny x 16
    • Like Like x 1
  7. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

Sad to hear that, also me as low profile asian guy it hurts me that there is no (not even invisible) tracks from east / middle east beside Suzuka

• Like Like x 1
  8. Racinglegend1234

I would love Sepang (and I love your profile pic)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Just as some lose patience with Reiza, others lose patience with those losing patience with Reiza. In either case, I don't think it's easy, and the red banner doesn't change that. It's more a matter of perception.

Beta participants do have a bit more perspective in regard to ongoing development, and we see the constant issues and development response up close. There are times where progress seems really good . . . until feature-X is added, and new / old issues arise / return, or cause some unforeseen chain reaction. We may have a somewhat better understanding of why things take the time and effort they do, and why there are extensions to the schedules.

For example: How different tire-models (seta vs brush, etc.) affect the development process / time required. That aspect alone, helps one realize what a monumental task is underway.
    But it also informs us of potential benefits, which in turn, improves our outlook. As we are able to experience such progress (albeit in minute samplings at times), it keeps us engaged in the process, and helps us understand Reiza's vision for AMS2, a little better.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I can understand that perspective. One reason for me wanting beta access was that I thought it'd help with the impatience, which it definitely does, especially in a period with no update as long as this (by far the longest in the game's dev history).

It's just that there's not a lot more we can tell you. Beta is on notformedia, so we aren't allowed to talk about its current features.

What I think I can say is that we're on the finishing stretch now: ~10 car classes remain to be updated in order to be release-ready and especially restart time trial. I suspect that behind the scenes, there has been progress with these already so it's not as much as it sounds. Be aware thought that, to make the TT reset worthwhile, every car class needs to be absolutely bang on on release day, because otherwise the reset would have been pointless for these classes.

The physics you're getting now are probably going to stay for a while.

AI development and calibration for sure won't be finished for the update, but as it's already an improvement on the previous situation, so that shouldn't be too detrimental. There's in general going to be some more polishing to do.

I think it's most likely going to be the next weekend where you guys will get to enjoy 1.5.3.0 too. Hopefully Renato takes the time and writes a dev update on it before that happens, but I don't know his plans on that matter.

(PS: Being in the beta is not really a preview privilege though. It's the privilege to see and sometimes help the process of slowly getting things to work as they should.)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I'm not in the club on purpose. It would drive me crazy to constantly test new betas. There are now more beta testers than non-beta testers and the question is whether that is a good thing? I'd rather wait for the public updates and then form my own opinion. I have no problem waiting for it. In the meantime, play other simulations or the current update of Ams2, there is a lot to discover:)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Bizarre Formula

Others lose patience with those losing patience with those losing patience when they don't have to be patient.

:D

Jokes aside, I am fine waiting.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

This seems like a lot of information... are you sure you should be telling us this?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Dicra

I'm at least sure that the Reiza overlords will notice what I didn't tell you ;)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 4
  15. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe if what happened in beta, stayed in beta, it would alleviate some of the tensions. I've been in a few beta's before and this is the first one that people are allowed to discuss beta activities outside of the beta forum. It doesn't breed goodwill, only angst to those who aren't included. It also builds expectations that maybe shouldn't be built.

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. Dicra

I personally was always glad when beta members shared anything about the processes inside the beta before I was part of it, which is why I'm doing this. I recognize it might lead to false expectations, but as I didn't say anything concrete or promised specific things, I'd hope there won't be too much of that.

Imo it's no use if people keep refreshing the forums in the coming days even though there's a very low chance of the update arriving.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, the pace at which issue reports are given after beta releases is pretty impressive. I really can't keep up with the pace at all. I just try to support others findings where I can.

• Like Like x 1
  18. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I don't know what modes are available in the Beta, but did you notice any difference with the "timekeeping bug" (which seems to be in offline modes only), where almost all the times and sector times seem to end on an 0 or 9? Could be easily seen on the Time Trial leaderboards and the times the AI does, usually about 40-50% of every sector and laptime was ending on 0 or 9 which made the times seem very awkward.
    There have been a few others reporting it besides myself for quite some time and I guess a Time Trial Leaderboard reset is a good moment to have that fixed.

19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah if it can be fixed at all.
    Without rewriting tons of code :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

The new Ferraris right? ;) :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1