Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are correct, being apart of the Paddock Club has definitely made all the waiting easier to swallow. However, over the past two or so years (most of which was without beta access to AMS 2) I've felt that a lack of patience and compassion towards developers from the gaming community and publishers is a big reason why gaming is in a sorry state.

The finger seems to be forever pointed at the wrong people. It's a lot easier to call a dev team "lazy" because of cut corners then to criticize the publisher for putting the team in that position in the first place. So many people in the community don't see devs as people, just robots who's sole purpose is to makes games. At times it feels like no one takes into account how chaotic life can be, and show even an OUNCE of empathy.

If we give the devs time, it almost always leads to a better product. It isn't a coincidence that all but two of the major players in simracing came out at least decade ago. Rfactor 2, Beam.NG and Race Room were publicly playable in 2013 and Iracing in 2008. And the two "new" games aren't all that new either, Assetto Corsa came out 9 years ago and Assetto Corsa Competizione came out 4 years ago. All of the games listed are in an infinitely better state now than they were during launch thanks to both the community (via mods and other custom content) and devs sticking with the game and constantly making improvements. More often than not, patience pays off.

• Like Like x 6
  2. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

I hear ya. So would love Sugo, Fuji.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I understand what you are saying but I haven't complained or been impatient about this update or previous ones. The closest I came to that was after repeated delays of the Nordschleife where I suggested that giving deadlines only to miss them did not reflect well and suggested alternative options but I have stayed out of such discussions since and wait patiently.

My opinion that the noise could be relatively easily avoided with minimal effort hasn't changed, most of us here are huge fans and a few words from Renato tend to quiet things pretty quickly.

I would also say that 99% of the posts here are respectful and understanding, that the majority do respect the team, knowing that this a work of passion and that the results are well worth waiting for. I believe that is why F5 keys get abused and why we engage with the community even if it is to exchange funny comments or help pass the time.

I absolutely do not think that there is a lack of compassion here and while I can only speak for myself, the team at Reiza is the one I have the most respect and patience for. I am a fanboy and recommend/praise the game to all I meet, I'm guessing many of the people reading this feel the same.

My initial comment was meant to be lighthearted with a grain of truth; that being told to be patient by people who already have access is unlikely to have the desired result, like telling your girlfriend or wife (or bf/hubby) to calm down mid fight. :p

I am happy to wait, I do miss time trials but I'm excited to see what it brings and I do appreciate the insight of those in the beta dropping us little hints.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

Singapore, Malaysia, India, Philippines, Bahrein, Qatar, Motegi, Sochi, Abu Dhabi... etc any of those would be great to see, Fuji is also great

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bizarre Formula

There is a mod for Fuji in AMS2 if you've not tried it. I was reluctant but the ported tracks are really good, easy to install and work well, you can even play them online, though you wont see those servers unless you have the mod(s).

[Mod Edit: Link removed, not allowed to share links to rips on this platform]

My edit: Apologies, I wasn't aware that sharing the link was not allowed.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. Lucifer_sam

Before I start I want to make sure it's clear that I absolutely saw none of what I described in you or most other folks here. I was just using your post as a jumping off point to talk about larger issues, as I feel we'll all get stuck in the same ruts if we don't talk about them. I also do feel some members of the Paddock Club have been somewhat irresponsible with how they've talked to the general public, don't like talking about it because I feel it invites drama, but in the end it's how I feel. Sometimes it does feel like people are bragging and I think we in general do need to think more about non Paddock Club members when we talk about this information.

There is a key thing here that is missing, Paddock Club members were allowed to talk and share all these new findings as we got them. We were the communication (which is why we should be more responsible) throughout this build and because of that there is absolutely nothing Renato can say that Paddock Club members can't (that also doesn't ruin the reveal of new content). Sure it may not feel that special or important because we don't work for Reiza, but over this build the public has gotten much more information while waiting then in previous builds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Agreed!
    AMS2 is awesome today anyway, so I'll keep league racing until it's ready. They days are flying by and I'm not noticing.

Thanks to all the Club members for paying extra money to do all the hard work for my benefit.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

It is weird that it seems to be offline only though, every time I looked at the times set in an online lobby, everything seemed fine.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

I think content ripped from other games is not allowed in the forums (at least in the mod forum that is written somewhere).

This is just a link though. In case it is not allowed and your post edited, I can say a good index to know about mods is the compatibility list of the Content manager download page at race departament...

Formalities apart, I have every released mod in my non-beta game installation (and some unreleased as well, haha). I can say that tracks are, as you said, really good. There are some quirks here and there, though (one must disable flag penalties and full course cautions cannot be invoked by any means). Also AI lines are sometimes a bit dumb (I've seen similar things in the official ones, but Reiza is always iterating improving them, while probably the mods won't evolve). I hope the porters can implement the flag rules at some point.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Bizarre Formula

Thanks for the info, hopefully it is okay to share, if not as you said, I'll edit and remove it.

I've noticed some restrictions too (never tried with AI, bet that is funny) but online the most I've seen is not being able to have Q sessions on some and such. Would love for the tracks to be added but I'm just happy to have Azure Coast and Cali Highway for test driving.

11. jota.191

Those are also nice tarmac rally stages in my career app :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

This kind of description or "argument" is normally called a strawman fallacy.
    Because nobody in this forum does behave as you describe it.
    Yeah I would even say that nobody does come even near your description.
    So why use such kind of description and pointing at nonexisting people when people here more or less does behave rather calmly and relaxed?

ByTheWay: Personally I would consider it pretty weird if people wasnt allowed to express some reasonable impatience in the current situation. Without being subjected to such kind of exaggerated patronizing.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Hm. How long has it been the last public update? Nearly 3 months or so (August18th)? You can see why there's growing concern (maybe that's the wrong word). The game should be in a basically finished state by now, so who's left out there that actually thinks there's going to be big changes to come? It'd be a bad sign if there was, because it would be like admitting that the game really was broken at launch.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

People keep telling me that the bugs I report are fixed in the beta, and I don't really know what to do with that information, I mean it's still broken for me and most people. That's really why I am waiting so eagerly for the next update, because there's a couple really annoying bugs related to gear ratios that need fixing. That's honestly all I care about, I don't particularly care about more content at this point, but that's just me.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. jota.191

Every serious modern sim has a ton of evolution during its life cycle. Automobilista 2 is not the exception. I do not see the issue.

• Agree Agree x 8
  16. jota.191

About "what red banner people". Yes, we know (at least partially) what to expect of the next update but that's it. I'm still impatient about the Dev Update (also postponed many times) because we do not know what the future plans are, or the details that Renato usually explains there. We see (sometimes a bit broken) rolling releases but we have no extra insights as you would think.

Perhaps the biggest difference is that we have an idea of how hard they have been working, and actually how productive they are. They are completely crazy, and the biggest enigma for me is when the hell Renato sleeps. The red banner definitely changed me, I would be embarrassed to press for a date.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed. People think Beta is a privileged world were we are having fun while other are grasping at the door but actually it's an intense duty if you really spend time on it and you are exposed to the full trial-and-error process so it's not necessarily always enjoyable.
    When Beta people give some insights over what is happening is again not to spite others, just for them to make a sense of what is happening in broader terms and quench the impatient wait some are going through: after all their insights aren't going to make the waiting time any different either.
    It will surely be another remarkable update like the top 2-3 we have had in the past.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

All I see really, is impatience.

Says who?

Only people who are unfamiliar with the typical development cycle of a racing simulator would see it as a bad sign.
    Look at any of the major sims released in the last 15 years, and you'll see they have all received very significant changes well into their life. Rfactor, iRacing, Live For Speed, AMS1, Race Room etc etc.
    This is a niche genre, generally undertaken by smaller developers - with smaller budgets over longer periods. It's just how it is.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Lucifer_sam

Mate, people calls devs lazy all the time. Not only that, but I never said anyone here was making that argument. And if you bothered to read my follow up to the OP that I posted 2 hours before your response you would've seen that
    But hey, who cares about reading more of the conversation when you can get into some dumb argument?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. dst

dst Member

Still no TT's or LB's? What are we in now.............. month 5? lolz.

• Like Like x 1