Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

It's easy to under-estimate our ability to adjust to handling in any title, if we spend enough time with it. Although, I'm still not sure about Mario Kart. :p

V1.5 definitely addressed some fundamental issues but, it didn't automatically affect all cars equally in terms of handling / grip. In some cases, it may have made things worse.

With the Seta tire model, each car requires re-tuning to any changes made at the fundamental physics level. Then each tire compound per-car has to be adjusted. Then variable track conditions have to be accounted for, etc., . . . it requires lots of time, and the next release will be just one more step forward. Although speaking personally, I think it will be a good one. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Look for this example of a smooth and fast lap without even coming close to any limit of the road legal GT3 RS, driven by a 77 year old legend.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Do you think yourself this does answer my question?
    I dont.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

I think that when the update came, it was about 20GB in size, 20GB more

5. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

I'm guessing from 20 GB or more because it's been a long time since there's been an update, since it's Reiza I trust it and a lot now if it were the scoundrels at EA I'd still be worried.

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Oops, sorry.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Funny you should say that, I drove the F-ultimate G1 the other day and felt like it understeered considerably more than the last time I drove it (which was after the last update dropped) and not in a way that I found pleasing.

I put it down to time away and the placebo affect but I was driving it on the track I know best and have driven that car on many, many times; I was in P6 on TT before the reset.

I still think it is probably in my head as, seemingly, nothing has changed, but reading your post gives me pause.

• Like Like x 2
  9. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

for gt3 lovers

• Like Like x 1
  10. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Don't know what world you reside in.

I await the update b/c I want to see how an already awesome sim gets better. I haven't even made it through a third of the new vehicles and old ones w/ new physics. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't race 8-12 hours/day; too much wear and tear on the body. There's more than enough content to keep anyone busy. What I await the most is a full blown championship. That it is on its way is strong evidence that the game should be "finished" somehow.

I see the reverse. AMS2 is moving up the charts. After four years, Renato etal are just getting started finding the Madness Engine sweetspot. Been a sim racer since racing legends. I have never seen devs so committed to sim years after its release (except iR, but I don't bother with that). I see at least five more years of development on this sim.

You also leave out how Reiza is collabing on GTRevival. Can't wait to see what that brews.

Not sure what world you live in.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. BrunoB

The reason I bring it up - eventhough I was the one who recently argumented stubbornly ;) how strong placebo does work behind our backs - is because I can remember that eventhough people was trying to kill me because I was more or less the only one who didnt value 1.5 like the second comming of a certain person THEN the behaviour of the 1.5 F-Reiza was the only car people did agree with me had been spoiled.
    That the car had become more or less undrivable (ok exaggered slightly).
    But now this car (and the 2x F-Ulti i mentioned) does behave quite believable.

ByTheWay: If Reiza hasnt secretly patched this car then its again more or less a proof of how strong placebo does work. Hehe but I still does feel that the car now is much better than just after the 1.5 "upd".:p

• Like Like x 1
  12. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Update 1.3 or 1.4 were disappointments for me because there was chaos in the physics. For me, only update 1.5 was the physics progress I was hoping for. This 1.5 is an evolution for the physics of Ams2. The foundation is now there and we can build on it. Yes, there is one thing that still bothers me. The excessive grip that some people talk about still needs to be improved for me. But for me it's just the complete tearing of the tires when the limit is exceeded. This limit is actually almost infinite in its current state. If Reiza manages to correct this, the physics will be almost perfect for me. But the progress Reiza has made so far is fantastic and incredible

• Like Like x 4
  13. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

I’ve never seen the development of AMS2 as circular (or stalled, as it were). Rather, I think Reza has achieved a very linear and incremental degree of success with development. Because of that, I don’t have high hopes for major changes, but that’s fine. The ME is a ‘mare, and to get it to where it is now is nothing less than miraculous. AMS2 has always been fun. Some of it is rubbish, but most of it is fabulous. That’s never going to change (probably!).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. dst

dst Member

Really? Coulda swore all my setups were wiped in July, along with the TT's being crippled.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dst

dst Member

What about impeding update(s), requires the TT/LB's being non-functional?

16. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

It seemed Everyone really loved ams2 after 1.5 release

morale seemed to have dive bombed since ,
    Odd

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

It's usually the same after an update ( in any game ) as people go crazy for it without really having explored it properly . It takes time to get a proper feel for what's changed imo .

• Like Like x 2
  18. BrunoB

No. Not me:D

ByTheWay: I hated it :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  19. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I tried Project Cars 2 for the first time in years today, wanted to try the vintage Le Mans stuff out.

Have to say I was pleasantly surprised, it was fun. Enjoyable for what it is and bunch of different options (like taking a Ferrari Enzo on the Azure Coast :p ) I only had like 11 hours playtime since it came out, just kinda got lost between other things (and used to have higher expectations for it too, probably)

(Yes I know there is the mods of a lot of those things, I haven't got into that yet :p )

• Like Like x 1
  20. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

I've come to think of the update anticipation of part Reiza culture now. I don't think it is intentional, but Renato has us salivating like a pack of Pavlov's hounds. "I smell cheese! Where da cheese at!?!"

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1