Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I'm not a Reiza employee though :D

Officially, the update's still coming out at the end of October I think? :D

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Probably a good idea to remain silent on things we are unaware of and not authorized to talk about even if we did know.

There are many moving parts completely invisible even to the beta testers. Reiza moves as quickly as they can, which is never fast enough to satisfy everyone. I have been intimately involved with Reiza for a long time and not once has an update ever been withheld for "marketing purposes." It goes out at the earliest possible time--usually to the complaints of many that it isn't 100% complete or 100% polished, because the policy is to allow for some broad-based usage before nailing the cycle shut. Hence why there are always hot fixes and small patches even after an update that has been cooking for a long time goes out the door. When you see the change log for this one, no one should be surprised how long it took, or, that there will still be some loose ends. Same as always. No need to speculate on date of release just to frustrate people one way or the other.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  3. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

AU-BelowTheFold-RecTP.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I'll reiterate: I would have very much appreciated someone telling me to not abuse my F5 keys just yet back when I wasn't in beta.

If you guys feel that "maybe this weekend, maybe not, probably not before" puts too much unfounded pressure on you, I'll stop giving any guesses (but to be honest, my guesses are seldom less accurate than Renato's, who knows much more than me (they also weren't before I was in beta). Admittedly that's not a great quality certificate though :p )

I will say that I'm pretty sure there would be a lot more chaos around here if there truly had been no word at all on this particularly anticipated update from anyone including beta testers since the 23rd of October, which marks Renato's last post on the matter. Calming the user base would have then been another side duty of the devs.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. Handpflegecreme

Handpflegecreme Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought you are more a Currywurst guy ;-)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Well, this isn't strictly true is it? I remember distinctly a Dev Update being withheld so it didnt clash with some RD article. Either way, I don't really care about that , just addressing your claim.

However, I believe its not too much to ask to get some very very brief (but informative) words on what sort of things in the core simulation are being worked on for the next release. Something like "we are attempting to reduce excessive tire grip under these circumstances". Not a DEV UPDATE, not a DLC spoiler, not an actual release.. just some official brief words.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Marc Collins

I'll reiterate: you don't know when the update is coming (neither do I), so speculating about it in any way, shape or form is not helpful to anyone. The non-beta customers are not children...they can read official release information, or, be like the 99% of the user base that doesn't hang out here and find out only if they notice a Steam update occurring on their system.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Marc Collins

I was referring to actual updates. I could not care less about dev updates as the only time Renato has to work on those if he stops working on the actual update.

If you want marketing spin, hype announcements of things to come, this is not your title. If you want incremental improvements, often in things a majority of users might not notice or even care about, this is your title. Hard core sim devs making a product for hard core sim customers that is hopefully accessible enough and successful enough with a broader customer base to pay the bills.

This is an interesting little video to show you what happens to most devs who try to focus on quality and pushing the boundaries. It's not the only instance in gaming by a long shot, but may be the most relevant from the sim racing genre. And, it explains why there hasn't been a single non-arcade rally game since, even though there have been many successful titles from a sales or profit perspective...

10. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Did it grate on you?

:p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

I truly love the update convo anymore. Even if I had the time, I can't typically sim race more than a few hours a day. The forum is a break from other computer stuff I do for work. I know an update is on the way. In the back of my mind, I wonder what the improvements will be once I'm actually on track. Some days, I race Formula Junior on a variety of tracks b/c it is so damn satisfying.
    I'm actually excited that the update is coming in the dark months of the N Hemisphere. When the sun is out, outdoor activities typically come first. When I get home from them I am usually too tired to enjoy AMS2.
    Soon is soon, which is any day now.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I explained what I wanted and it wasnt that. anyway, I am losing interest and I am sure I am not the only only. Keep posting about chees because this thread is useless for anything else.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For the weeks upon weeks when the beta was not "notformedia" there were people posting videos and making comments about the changes. Idk what more you could want, those changes didn't disappear just because its a "notformedia" branch, all that's different between now and then is more cars benefit from those changes and the fine-tuning of other cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Xenicle

Xenicle New Member

15. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Saying any rally game but RBR is 'arcade' is absurd, the same as if we said AMS 2 made Assetto Corsa 'arcade'. Call RBR the most 'hardcore' sim all you like, but it's not the only one.

Also I still don't think anyone here minds Reiza taking time, it's missing a (public) deadline by months and barely saying anything. Yes, that's them, and it doesn't matter that much, but that's why people (politely, mostly) question it here.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

My bittersweet prediction is: it’ll turn out that things (obviously) were taking too long to meet the end of October date that was aimed at, so Reiza decided to push the update to coincide with the release of the new Endurance DLC (feat Le Mans) and we’ll get it some time in December.
    Pessimistic on the release of the new update? Or optimistic on when to expect the new DLC? Can’t say, since it’s been radio silence, but that’s my guess.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you check the depots you can see that none of the actual game branches have been updated. That change is probably more of a "paperwork" change or something not visible to the players. Not public game file changes.

18. dst

dst Member

God ... whoever is in charge of managing expectations and information around update releases and managing the game during that process, kinda sucks at it. Big chunks of the game not functioning months on end. Silent after missing dates and leaky as hell in the run-up.

Releases like this should be exciting for the user base and rewarding for the makers. It sure is not exciting coming back to this thread endlessly for the same whisperings by the club members and now, regional cheeses. Culturally informative and delicious as that may be, pretty sad. I can't imagine it's as rewarding for the makers as it would be if the this process were handled even a tiny bit better than terribly.

Is this standard for how these go? I mean sheesh, people paid for this sim guys. Wasn't free.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

We salivating for the update. How is that a mismanagement of expectations? The sim is not only playable, it is as is, one of the best sims on the market now. I think you might be the one mismanaging expectations.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

That's such a bad pun, it would make Baby Cheesus cry.

• Funny Funny x 3