Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

What new info other than "coming soon" do you expect the devs to tell us? We know that the update is based on the headway made at 1.5, that tire physics is a major focus.

IMO, Reiza always overdelivers in their updates. I think the trend will continue.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Pablo Abella

Pablo Abella New Member

I'm sorry but I think some people don't understand what I'm saying. (maybe it's the translator)

3. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The thing people have been going on about here is that devs wouldn't say it to US but to the 99% of the players who are just regular Steam users and who don't read this forum. All the info would be new for them, why time trials are down so long etc. And regular Steam users don't know even about SteamDB nor Automobilista 2 Beta. It is true that they are really in a dark about current situation and I agree that a little public announcement a month or two back wouldn't took much of devs time away but would have made time trial situation clear.

In general, don't like these walls of texts here about thus topic as well but it is mainly because we went through it, idk, maybe 60 pages ago or something. Same reasons for both sides.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Your guessing is just as good as the other "explanation" where the TT was taken down because Reiza optimistic thought that the update could be uploaded in a few days.
    But ups then realised that there were too many bugs in the update that they had to give it a new makeover (or two).

ByTheWay: I know exactly which of these "explanations" I consider the most likely or sober. :whistle:

5. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Other people have a point to blame Reiza for communication, but in this case I'll feed the troll and answer you to stop false claims... It wasn't about bugs and that was communicated without ambiguity by Renato.

Since I have been here you were always pretty active and you have never been constructive. Not a single time. How can you waste your time this way? If you are an adult I suggest you to find help from a professional. Answer what you wish, I'll ignore you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

You must live in a world where everything functions 100%, 100% of the time. I live somewhere else. Been driving sims since Grand Prix Legends. Never seen a sim where everything is or stays completely functional. How long has RF2 been around? So much needs fixing on that one. Way more than AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Same old story when people have no arguments then they fall back to just being personal and accusing other people of anything they can find.
    I wont go into this non-sense.
    Maybe because I have a life :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. dst

dst Member

All those good things can be, and are true ................. while at the same time as having a terrible update rollout and communication process. That's not hard to understand is it?

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. dst

dst Member

Nail, meet head.[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone here ever play the Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix series? I've been doing some research on the games as many consider them to be among the best racing sims ever made. (And from what I've learned, I would tend to agree.) However, there is one particular aspect I would like to draw attention to, and that is the manuals.

Holy Crap these manuals are amazing! 100+ Pages not only talking about how to set up and play the game, but how to set up a race car, the differences between each car and team, rule changes throughout the season, track by track driving and set up guides including the offical race distance and race and pole times. These things are a god send, and I think in the very near future you will be happy to have them to hand!

GP1 through 3's manuals can be had as PDF's with a quick google search, and I cannot recommend them enough. Great lunch break reading material and a amazing view of how far Sim Racing has come.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Please stay on topic Dylan:

Press 1 for cheese.
    Press 2 for Reiza communication skills.
    Press 3 for time trials.

These are your only options, you have 20 seconds to comply.

• Funny Funny x 13
  12. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

My personal copy of Grand Prix 2, the manual is easily the standout highlight, I often get it out to have a read. Mine also came with a cool poster (which I've been meaning to get smoothed out and framed)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 3
  13. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just ordered a paper copy of the manual but I'm 90% sure it isn't color sadly. But yeah, it's really a fantastic read for anyone just getting started into motorsports, F1, and or car setup.

14. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I have fond memories of the Manual. You had to type in a word from the manual as part of the copy protection. I got sick of this so decided to try and crack the game for myself (This is 1996 - bugger all internet). This was a bit of a pain because it detected when you were using debug registers and modified its own code. I finally made a crack that bypassed the "enter word from manual" check.. Was feeling pleased with myself until I realised there must be some other check during gameplay because my car would mysteriously veer right all of a sudden after 2 laps LOL.

Anyway, my second crack allowed the entry of a word from the manual but made sure it was the same word every time and I put that word on the screen so I would always remember it without grabbing the manual :). This seemed to get around the veering right after 2 laps issue and the game played fine there after.

Loved both the game and the challenge of cracking it for myself (not for distribution).

Manuals back then were pretty awesome and a great part of the game package itself. You should have seen some of the flight sim manuals as well back then.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

I was into flight sims at the time, and I remember the manual for the Apache Longbow helicopter sim was around 2 cm thick :)
    And it was spiral bound so it was easy to use it as a reference during play.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Yes, a lot of the manual is rehash from GP1 but both were real joys and made the purchase price back in the day for a teenager a little more palatable. How many floppies was GP1 on, by the way? I want to say 4 or even 6.

These packaging elements are what a lot of record labels have adopted now for their multi-disc boxed sets and similar to the Lego for adults range too, whereas with games it is now so clinical with just a code to apply and not even a pdf manual for the game

• Like Like x 1
  17. Markus Fischböck

Markus Fischböck New Member

I assume you’re referring to the 500+ pages manual (book) that came along with Falcon 4.0 back in 1998?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

Will the new update include also loose manhole covers? :p

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Spacekid

Spacekid Member AMS2 Club Member

No, they are correctly sealed with duct tape. :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. iggymax