Automobilista 2 November 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 17, 2023.

1. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

Love everything about this update, especially classic McLarens.
    One question only, you mentioned 2 DLCs, historic track pack pt2 with the price of 7.99 $ and the other DLC is Formula HiTech pack that include MP4/7A and MP4/8 right ? What will be the price of the second DLC ? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sberla84

Sberla84 MotorSimItaly

Well this would be a revolution, the Reiza pack already stands out in term of quality although needs an update, i can imagine an insane AMS3!

3. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The point he was making is that RF2 is there now regardless of how long it took, the MP aspect has finally been nailed down after a few false starts* over those 11 years since release. AMS2 needs to play a bit of catch up in this area, nothing fancy or massive but just enough to keep the players coming in for online activity otherwise they will lose out, especially with new Sims on the horizon for next year which may come with better MP features out of the box (LMU if it gets released will have, AC2 perhaps, GTRevival most probably, I'll ignore Rennsport as they've probably stolen it...).

* To expand on that; ISI who released RF2 bodged the packaging system which made online play a complete mess, they tidied it up somewhat before S397 took over in 2016 (IIRC), they then bodged the first Competition System which behind closed doors (I was a private beta tester for them at the time) was another complete mess and was taking an absolute age to progress with. Eventually MSG <spit> took over and to their credit got people in to rework the system and they have what they have today which by all accounts is very good. So there are many reasons why RF2 took so long, but those reasons should not affect AMS2 in the slightest of course.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

GP4 is arcade ? Was it not a full sim when it came out ? At the same time a game from 1990's will be behind the times in terms of how much is simulated.

5. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

The physics were good for the time but a few core faults that were even noticed on release, namely it's very "on rails" handling, and the general advancement of sims over the years means GP4 isn't really much of a sim these days from a solely physics standpoint (however nearly every other aspect still holds up incredibly well to this day, to a point where even some modern titles could learn lessons from it)

6. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I don't think I understand what the term "Arcade" even means any more. I think by current definitions, Max Verstappens RBR F1 car is pure arcade!

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

Another question: the historic track pack 2 is still part of the season pass or is the season pass concluded? It was probably mentioned on another dev update, but things got convoluted due to how much the season pass was stretched.

8. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I'm pretty sure I read in previous dev updates that Adrenaline pt2 and Racin' USA pt4 are part of the season pass, not sure about the others.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. TheMagicJaaag

TheMagicJaaag Member

"What a fool running across the course! A raving lunatic!" - Murray Walker

Really looking forward to this big update and I sense we're going to see some further historical updates for existing tracks like a Silverstone 79 - 85 and 87 - 90. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 9
  11. Martin Dinahet

Martin Dinahet New Member

Great job as always!
    But PLEASE hear me out.
    I think the feature that is lacking the most in AMS2 is the ONLINE EXPERIENCE, and that it is a priority. If we had an Iracing-like system, man this simulator would be perfect, and it would attract a LOT of new players (I think lol). I really care about this game and wish more people played it, so I really hope you guys see this message. (also lmh when ? :D) take care !

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. TheMagicJaaag

TheMagicJaaag Member

The resemblance is uncanny... ;)

13. DinoM

DinoM Member

I also support a better online experience, but I don't want to tell the creators what it should resemble, especially not something that already exists. They would even be accused of plagiarism. ;)
    Have a well-functioning MP worthy of AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Pablo Abella

Pablo Abella New Member

For my part, I consider it a bit hasty to suggest or ask for new options when the current version 1.5.3 has not yet been implemented. Apart from the fact that using MP like those of other companies increases costs for developers and I doubt they can sustain it without transferring them to the user. As far as I know, the main MP service is paid and I don't think many like it.
    I'm just waiting for this new version so I can continue enjoying AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 7
  15. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

I just wanted to say thanks to Reiza for not abandoning the single player experience and constant improvements with AI and general physics.

I get that multiplayer is an important aspect, but I'm glad that this title is developed differently so it doesn't become the same as others but with different content.

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
  16. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

Exactly that, well said !

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

I checked the steam page for this exact reason and it seems the historic track pack is still included in the Season pass but the F-Hitech pack is going to be seperate.

• Like Like x 1
  18. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey 7,
    as we know from past experience the main focus is not on the multiplayer! That was clearly communicatet. We have to live with that. It is what it is...

• Like Like x 2
  19. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Will the update appear again in the release candidate or will it make it directly into the game?

20. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I don't even agree with that part of the statement, nor do I agree that AMS2 MP is as unusable as some have suggested. I have nearly 1000 hours of playing multiplayer and know of 3 full leagues running right now, just in my personal circle.

I have posted previously about why coming games are unlikely to be a threat and don't want to hijack this thread repeating myself and starting that argument up again.

Reiza have spoken about their plans for a dedicated server tool and that they plan to work on MP more to improve it. Those of us who love it can wait and enjoy it in the capacity it can provide, but I think the fact that RF2 is STILL ACTIVE a decade later demonstrates that new sims don't necessarily stop old sims being popular, especially when they provide motorsports/experiences that other games do not.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1