Automobilista 2 November 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 17, 2023.

1. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

that's the bit that stuck out to me, resisting two companies and I'd wager a rather large bet the dreadful MSG were one of them (I'd be very surprised if I'm wrong!). So HUGE respect to Renato for resisting that temptation.

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

...and yes I agree with the above, I think it's great to hear a developer speak from the heart and not from the boardroom of the marketing department every single time. It's actually refreshing to see Renato get pi$$ed off as it shows his passion for what is essentially his baby (along with his staff of course!). I wish more devs would speak out like this, say it how it is and not conform to corporate speech to appease the suits in the towers.

On the flip side sure some of us may repeat the same moans & groans, I'm just as guilty of that as the next person, but that in itself shows our passion in wanting this sim (or whatever game/sim we're ranting about) to be even better. There's no actual harm in that other than the blood pressure of the Devs boiling over somewhat when they read the same garbage for the hundredth time, but if they all responded like Renato did above then maybe it'd sink into us a bit more that AMS2 is in great hands and at the end of the day that's all that matters, no matter how annoying it may be that some of our own personal issues don't get addressed.

So yeah, the heart & passion is clearly strong with Reiza - Good!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. TheRaptor103

TheRaptor103 Consistently inconsistent AMS2 Club Member

Just want to add here that I really appreciate the continued work on improving the single player experience. The best thing about AMS2 for me (and why I keep coming back to play it) is how easy it is to just pick your car, pick a track, and then start a race. There's not much of a need to mess around with various settings and/or mods, like with other games on the market, to have a good race. For someone like me, who never knows when they're going to have free time and just wants to play a game they know they can have fun with, AMS2 is a godsend.

Thank you, truly, to everyone at Reiza.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 4
  4. formulafan1994

formulafan1994 New Member

so now, it's just an matter of waiting? i hope it'll be here soon, i'm excited for it!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Respect and kudos primarily warranted to the dev team more than myself personally - if I didn´t feel at the time we had the manpower and drive to do better on our own, I could very well have sold. A lot of these guys could earn bigger bucks elsewhere too - they stick around not because of my good looks, but because they enjoy working with each other and the freedom they get to do their best work.

The reason for the harsher tone of the previous reply is not because we are intolerant to criticism or just looking for claps and cheers - it should be evident to anyone who follows the game, reads these dev updates and check the changelogs how aware we are of persisting issues, which is precisely what is making me a little intolerant to the vitriolic nature of some posters. It´s possible to enquire and point out issues and even demand improvements to them without pretending they are being neglected.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
    • Winner x 33
    • Like x 22
    • Agree x 8
    • Friendly x 7
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  6. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall BANNED

Chemistry must be great between you guys and that's awesome to hear, but i would also stick around because of your good look

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

I can have fun in SP in AMS2 with VR using a 3060ati + R7 5800X, with a lot of eyecandy and 120FPS and 60FPS in rain with headlights on full grid even in Hockenhein. Max Quest 2 resolution.

If Reiza keep pushing without abandon this great graphics engine for VR, this sim is the benchmark for VR racing. And even to VR gaming itself.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Completely agree. Seeing how Reiza consistently meets its challenges, I have little doubt it will build a stupendous MP at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  9. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

I think it is so damn cool that the main developer of game speaks to us one-to-one as much as possible in this media. Renato's passion for his work is obvious here and it feels very refreshing in an often impersonal world. Also comforting to know that a sim that gives me the release I need is financially secure.

The more positive tone in this forum today also feels great!

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Brazencore

Brazencore New Member AMS2 Club Member

Dev team are doing an amazing job and I couldn't be happier with what you have produced up to now. Your description of how many use this Sim hit the nail on the head for me, and is exactly why I wanted to invest some backing into the Sim with no expectation for any specific returns other than a big thankyou. Keep doing what you're doing!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Pav

Pav Member AMS2 Club Member

I’m usually pretty quiet here but just wanted to unequivocally voice my support for what Renato is saying here. Keep doing amazing work Reiza, you really are doing something special and the heart and dedication this team has, has really become evident to me since the 1.5 update and through being in the loop on all the beta work since. You’ve become my favorite game devs at the moment because of the refreshing level of care and dedication you are showing.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

If any developer other than Reiza had taken on the challenge of realizing the untapped potential and unfulfilled promise of the Madness engine, I would have lost interest in AMS2 years—literally years—ago. Anyone who has ever worked a day in his life to earn his daily bread can recognize hard work when he sees it. Hopefully, one should appreciate such efforts and accomplishments as well.

Honestly, I suspect the vast, vast majority of AMS2 critics have squandered far more of their own talents than the employees at Reiza Studios. If nothing else, their tiresome whingeing has wasted a lot of time—for all of us.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ulysseita

Ulysseita New Member

Please, tell me you are sorting the parallel projections problem on Pimax devices as well!

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

I'm in favor of a DLC session pass 2024-2028 if I have paid, who out there is in favor? To increase the content of AMS2.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

that's great that your company is doing great and financially healthy, nobody would wish for anything different

it still doesn't change the fact ams2 is the least played sim and that's all down to it's multiplayer bugs, i'm in many sim racing communities and everyone owns ams2 but nobody plays it for this very reason despite the game having probably the best content list in sim racing.

i don't know why you felt you had to go on a rant simply because i stated a truth that you don't like to hear

• Dislike x 25
    • Disagree x 11
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  16. RockyTM

RockyTM Modder AMS2 Club Member

Whippy:

Renato:
    No, I don't think you do.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Malaman

Malaman New Member

Well if the company is financially healthy it means they are doing something right despite what some forum members think.

As someone who don't care about MP AMS 2 is my main sim and the one I'll support for as long as it exists.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Long live AMS2 and independent Reiza. Such a refreshing jewel in the landscape of big corporations seizing the whole industry.
    :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  19. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

bro you’re a club member so you know better than anyone else about all the weekly tests, yet you’re still here whining the same stuff over and over and ignoring all the tests/ well placed explanations from Renato?

Tsunoda have an advice 4 you m8 IMG_5572.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Andy Reader

Andy Reader Member

there are so many communities playing ams2 online quite happily. join one if you want. otherwiswe just STFU

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1