Automobilista 2 November 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 17, 2023.

1. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Bit of a blessing and a curse to me. I too always come back/stay with AMS2. I actually want to like and race in other sims, but they are either too much of a hassle to get the same level of fun (Content Manager, rf2) or just don't feel right after a couple laps (ACC, RRE). Also RRE graphics are spotty for me. Some tracks are fine, others take a huge fps hit. And, still on DX9! Really?!
    I'm really looking forward to and hope the new crop of sims are better. The more popular our hobby becomes the more good sh** we'll see in future. Also v curious to see how the GTRevival/AMS2 collab turns out.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just ran a 3 league races (practice+race+qualy) in AMS2. No issues as always. We've ran 15 league races so far this autumn with no issues whatsoever. I've ran AMS2 lobby with friends for 2 years. I can't remember a time that AMS2 crapped out on us. If all these people are avoiding AMS2 because of multiplayer bugs, then they are doing smth wrong when they are running multiplayer. I'm sure bugs occur, but if you do a normal job of running a lobby, it works without a hiccup.

If you get admins who just exit the game mid session, causing the lobby not to advance or have players with huge lag, then I got news for you: you need to organize yourself a decent lobby. If you got all these friends, then its a cinch to get a decent session going.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

Why do you care about AMS2's player count so much? If the game is turning a profit, and the people playing it are having fun, who cares?

I get the impression that you and other critics are still missing the point that the developers are making, which is that the people making new cars and content for AMS2 are not the same ones working on the multiplayer, how is a 3D modeler expected to fix bugs in the multiplayer? They are hired to make new assets for the game, and that's what they're doing!

The multiplayer IS being worked on, you just have to be patient! I find it extra annoying considering you have Beta access! I would quite happily swap places with you if you like :D

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

My experience is that things are much better than people tend to believe. In part I think the reason is that other sims have a really high standard (iracing for instance, mediocre physics, old graphics, but it works amazingly as an online service). In simracing the bar is too low in some features such as AI or proper racing rules (racing without full course cautions is not acceptable if you aim to simulate most of the disciplines. Period.). In the online reliability the bar is high. This is a good thing for simracing. By contrast the madness engine does not exactly shine. But apart of some random disconnection (really annoying since we were not racing yet, and still could not connect again), things usually work. I played much more PC2 online with friends than AMS2 and even then, it worked.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

your good looks help!

• Funny Funny x 24
    • Like Like x 1
  6. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

i remember that some admin said there are no more season pass after paddock club..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Skidmark33

Skidmark33 Member AMS2 Club Member

McDonalds and Hungry Jacks have far more customers than the little Thai Restaurant down the road from me. If you look at the numbers literally thousands of people are eating at Maccas and Jacks every minute of every day all over the world.

The little Thai (or should I say Brazilian?) restaurant down the road has 30 people in it of an evening. They are happy and they come back for more. Often. The restaurant turns a good profit and the chef cooks up what he does best and his patrons are grateful for it. There are no problems here.

McDonalds and Hungry Jacks make a fortune and have many satisfied customers. There are no problems here either.

(I just use these large franchises as an analogy because they are large. I am NOT suggesting other racing sims are equivalent in the quality / nutritional value of their "food", just that they are large and there is NOTHING wrong with that.:D)

• Like x 11
    • Winner x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
  8. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

Im going to add a little to what Renato has said from my perspective, a member of the track dev team for nearly 4 years now.

Before being involved with Reiza, I too had whined and bitched about different things in different games (hi Michael Hornbuckle). With some time in a development role, I wish I could take some of my remarks back.

My colleagues at Reiza are some of the highest quality people I have had the opportunity to work with in my 38 year career. Apart from being the most ruggedly handsome and one of the oldest guys there, my job is mostly cameras, so it isnt too technical. The other stuff is way beyond my comprehension. I might not understand it, but I see the efforts made to fix some of the problems.

I am constantly and pleasantly surprised at just how hard working and passionate the guys are. I also see the amount of effort that goes into chasing bugs. The frustrations of not being able to replicate something that "everyone" gets. And yet they put their heads down and get on with it.

Believe me, the guys would love to be able to address ALL the issues, but there is only so much time in a day and they do deserve to get some rest.

So next time you speak up for the eleventy millionth time about a pet peeve, take a breath and ask yourself "would I want to be reminded again and again about an issue I am already aware of?".

Peace out.

PS. The boss is handy at sim racing stuff, but is an even better boss and bloke.

• Winner Winner x 32
    • Like Like x 24
    • Friendly Friendly x 10
  9. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Did I miss the estimated arrival date for this update?

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  10. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is none. Which is honestly for the best, people really wanted Reiza to stop giving them out since they had a hard time meeting those ETA's making them kinda mute and causing more bickering here.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I’m sure it does for you honey :p

• Funny Funny x 35
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. SpaceYam

SpaceYam Member AMS2 Club Member

I am amazed that certain people still can't grasp what is being very clearly explained to them. Is that level of stubbornness a choice or is it hard-wired?

Regardless to Renato and the Reiza team, honestly you guys are doing a great job.

The internet is full of armchair experts who think they know best. It's a blight upon every single online community, business, and service in the world. And it's often hard to tell if they're actually that stupid or if they're just trolling.

Best advice is just ignore them. Your most recent update was very clear, and you've explained repeatedly about the multiplayer situation. At this point, these people are deliberately (and somewhat maliciously) choosing to misunderstand. You can't help people like that.

So, just keep doing what you're doing! You clearly have a huge amount of support within the community, and it looks like the vast majority of us really appreciate the hard work you guys have put in to making AMS2 what it is today, and what it will be in the future.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  13. Injafaz

Injafaz New Member

Come one guys this is a serious forum to discuss serious sim issues. This is not a dating app, so I suggest you both get a room so the rest of us can appreciate AMS2. LOL

• Funny Funny x 10
  14. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Has the beta stopped people trying to join a race once it has started? For me that´s one of the main open issues to fix - the main problem stems from the lobby not being locked for access in the first place, really it should not be visible once it is too late to join e.g. less than 3 mintues of qualifying left. I know it means people can´t spectate but I think it is worth it.

How many times do we see an open session that isn´t and try to join the lobby then once we are in it is too late to access the session then we leave again? All of that can´t be good for stability.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not always as obvious to the outside why MP is not getting focus as much and other areas are. I started in the software industry in 1999, coders are big part of the work force and very often a lot of them are able to work in multiple areas, backend, frontend etc (we don't have a physics team, but we have a math team and they are also coders and occasionally do development outside math too). I didn't even remember that game development these days is quite different and has very different setup, where huge percentage of the team are not "coders". This is also the trap I fell earlier too, when I wrote something similar as others now here... . So even if it's frustrating to hear it often, it's also frustrating for us players if we don't know the reasons why you can't just switch most of the team to work on MP related stuff (now those who have read this thread should know though..).

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

Honestly guys, Anyone who criticizes the speed and quality of Reiza's work here should actually just be welcomed to sim racing. They can only be absolute beginners because patience still needs to be taught. These people stand on stage with their pants down and don't notice it themselves.

Anyone who is so impatient with patches will also be impatient in the first corner.
    -!FirstCornerWarrior!-
    Nobody wants to drive next to or in front of them. So why dent the fenders here in the forum now?
    Let them do their dance on stage...they also want to be able to say important things...
    The old hands need something to laugh about.

• Winner Winner x 3
  17. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

I think sticking with SP will be a good choice in long term. Do we need an online sim with all series in it? IRacing is overdominant, despite its cost, and I can’t see it challenged by anyone. Do we really need another GT3 online sim? Really?! I can’t see ACC & co. Being challenged. Do we need a single player based game? Oh yes. Do we have historic content elsewhere? No. AMS2 is finding its niche. And it will be for a long term. Maybe with the help of a passionate community. Like GP4 or GPL or NR2003.

As a side note, I am a doctor, I work 50+ hours a week, work shifts are absolutely unpredictable, thus MP is impossible for me, I simply don’t have time. All I was searching was a sim that I could load anytime and have a solid SP race. Sometimes only for 10 minutes, sometimes for half an hour. I thank you Reiza for sticking to that choice.

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  18. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Please Reiza save some money (ditch useless licenses) and acquire another company! :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

I understand Renato's post, and how coherently it was written while being upset about certain public feedback. But he and his team must understand that this is the nature of the beast when you decide to open a form of direct communication between customers and creators.
    I know of no other sim racing game that has the level of communication back and forth that AMS2 does. The standard for all others is that they get updates as they come, they get roadmaps, and then leave the community to talk amongst them selves with no direct input from the creators and devs in discussions.
    Which brings me to remember that Reiza is a small team, in comparison to all the other sims our there who are backed by huge companies and deep pockets, yet this small team can keep pumping out quality content year after year. But at the same time, commit to listening and engaging in community feedback. This is what sets them apart from the rest. They have big kahunas to keep them selves open to community feedback, engage on a regular basis and speak willingly on public forums with their customers.

It's something to remember and keep in mind, no other sim racing studio does this.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Not to mention most delusional.

• Funny Funny x 10