Automobilista 2 November 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 17, 2023.

1. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Looking at the lap times, offline time keeping is still not fixed unfortunately

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. dst

dst New Member

OK, so the TT/LB's *still* down ........... was that announcement just a tease post? Appreciate the acknowledgment of the poor handling, but for the love of pete turn them back on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

This is the best kind of video possible. Very level headed analysis without just saying "uh it's simcade" or "uh it's madness engine" or going full Dunning–Kruger effect thinking they're masters of driving dynamics just because they drove a MX5 Cup or some trackday car.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If they do that before the update is released, the boards will end up with a mix of 1.5.0 and 1.5.3 times, ghosts and setups some of which could be broken or unachievable in the new version. Better wait a little bit longer and get a cleaner result.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Ha! I hate when reviewers say ‘its not perfect, far from it’. Yea, EVERYTHING is far from perfect. With exception to Renato’s good looks of course.
    Amiright Renato? Hehe hehe, say, any time frame on the update? :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

From now until we destroy the world

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Andy Reader

Andy Reader Member

I just did a 1/3 lengh race around gateway. x3 tire wear and fuel consumption. only niggle is that the time multiplier option jumps from x2 to x5 so i settled for x2. Still great fun on current build. i went for a two stopper on softs while ai went for a 1stop on hards.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Well ... AMS was more or less an afterthought of Game Stock Car Extreme, which was in itself not the first thing they made (Copa Petrobras de Marcas comes to mind). So you could say they developed similar-ish games from 2009 to 2019... I think that also poses a decent timeframe on when to expect the 1.5.3 update :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Xamantu

Xamantu Member

I remember playing Reiza's Formula Armaroli mod on rFactor. It was a pretty great McLaren MP4/4 knock-off and I enjoyed it a lot. :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

As part of Reiza....

• Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  11. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

if youtubers can make videos of it then just assume you can too, after all it's not "not for media" if youtubers are making media of it, plus you paid for beta access, most of them didn't

• Disagree Disagree x 14
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think every video I've seen so far has mentioned Reiza contacting them and giving permission to post a preview. Even if someone had posted public videos without permission, the rules don't cease to exist just because someone breaks them.

• Agree Agree x 9
  13. WhippyWhip

well giving non paying youtubers the right ahead of paying paddock lounge members says a lot to be honest

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It says they're smart enough to give it to those with a larger following. Only makes sense from a business standpoint. Reiza is a business after-all.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If anyone feels that the rules for participating in the beta program are treating them unfairly compared to others who are not participating in the beta, the relevant place to discuss that is in the beta part of this forum.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. WhippyWhip

yup it shows they don't value their paddock members very much, the paddock club has some very good video makers who's videos would have gotten good views (i'm not including myself here, i mean actually good video makers)

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  17. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

well, tbf, if they were paying youtubers, chances are pretty big they will give a biased review, which probably will happen as well when people from this forum/paddock club create videos, judging by a lot of peoples replies, any videos created will be biased, and lack any form of criticism

18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Folks it's getting ridiculous by now.

The notformedia curtain will be lifted very soon and a few previews before the public gains access are totally normal.

It's true that bias can play a role in presentation and feedback. The whole community is seen as valuable and in many cases very helpful with moving the project forward more effectively. A few previews shouldn't be seen as devaluing of one person over another.

@WhippyWhip you really overstay your welcome with constant pushing on finding anything to become picky about. How about moving on? Consider this a friendly reminder.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Quick question that came up in my mind, and I just wanted to confirm: Are the karts being updated to 1.5 physics in the next update? It's been so long and they're the only ones that haven't been updated yet (to my knowledge at least - I've only been able to find info from 4 months ago). AMS2 has great karting content that has been abandoned for a while now :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. jon singleton

jon singleton New Member

sorry for dumb question, very new to AMS2... how do you update the game on steam to 1.5.3 ?