Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Crux2237

Crux2237 New Member

Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: Stock Car 2017, Full Time Bassani #44 Alberto Valerio
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: Car isn't part of 2017 Stock Car class, unable to race him
    Steps to reproduce: Select the Stock Car series, choose the Stock Car 2017 opponent list, select a car different than the #44, set the AI opponents to 28 and try to race. Valerio won't be selected: instead, one of the other cars will be selected twice.

I was able to fix it by editing the .veh archive, changing the class from "StockV8" to "StockV8_2017". That'll do it.

2. yusupov

yusupov Member AMS2 Club Member

got some weird stuff going on, but the crux of it seems to be something to do with my wheel (TM TX with 599 rim, stock pedals).

i had to reinstall windows clean & i'm on a fast build (whatever the latest is) so that may be it; also only have the AMS beta installed.

my user profiles are all over the place; they were on onedrive, moved to the documents folder have to the reinstall (had to create a new user), another new user created that ended up in a folder called "Windows 8" in AMS, & the latest is in the AMS root directory. this last one is the tracelog i included (from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AMSBeta\UserData\LOG).

wheel seems to be fine & have done several file verifications. on a few occasions i've somehow dodged the problem & had no issues in that session.

the issue is a CTD as soon as i leave the garage.

Attached Files:

3. muzarati

muzarati Member

None of this is present in Reiza15.srs (SuperV8) I understand that the P2P shouldn't be there as it isn't relevant to the series. This might explain some of the issues?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There are hardcoded defaults, you don't need to edit them in anywhere generally.

(although I will make sure those defaults are correct for the next build)

• Like Like x 1
  5. muzarati

muzarati Member

Well for me the AI in this build are terrible, they weave from side to side and all over the place, maybe like they are switching lines all the time or something? They don't stay on the racing line at all and crash into each other? Somethings not right, have validated files but no better.

6. Alex Sawczuk

I'm not saying you are wrong or anything, but put aggression down to low if you prefer how it was before for now.

7. Omm

Omm New Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS v1.4.5r

Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: All
    Applicable Settings: Race
    Report: When the race is over and all cars return to the pits, a big stutter happen when every car disappears in front of their garages. (I don't have any stuttering during the race, thanks to delete d3d9.dll, and I play with spotter on, with hdd installation).
    Steps to reproduce: always when the cars return to their garages and disappears.

8. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

Will those AI parameters in SRS be used by car mods? I mean, if I put them in the mod SRS, will it be read by the game? This could be useful, as the modder could be able to fine tune AI in his car.

9. Alex Sawczuk

Yes, but the defaults should be sane and you shouldn't need to spend ages tweaking really.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Edilson Freshi

Edilson Freshi Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Doesn't matter
    Car Used: Stock car V8 2015
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer mode
    Report: Push-To-Pass NOT WORKING on multiplayer mode.
    After second lap when you try to use P2P the game shows a message saying that you don't have push available anymore.
    AMS version 1.4.5

11. Wexodius

Wexodius Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used:Montreal, Canada
    Car Used: ARC Camaro
    Applicable Settings: Race 30min
    Report: The game calculates 1 lap too many to finish the race. I was racing a 30min race in pole position. On the start of lap 16 I got told "white flag". It should have finished at the end of lap 16, cause I saw the timer was zero (0:00:00) before I shortly crossed the finish line on my "presumed" last lap. Yet, I had to do another lap (lap 17) before I saw the checkered flag and was confirmed that I won the race.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Choose a 30min race setting
    2. Choose ARC Camaro (although any car will do)
    3. Choose Montreal, Canada as track
    4. Race and be in the lead
    5. Notice "white flag" report on last lap
    6. Notice timer running out before finishing that lap
    7. Notice how you did not actually finish yet, you must do 1 more lap to see the checkered flag.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. muzarati

muzarati Member

Created a new player profile to see if that helps and noticed that this entry "AI to AI Collision Rate="40" // Detection rate per second (1-40) for AI-to-AI collisions" is still the same default, there was some discussion that this must be updated to 80, is this the case? I did change it and am not 100% sure whether it made any improvement? I did notice it changed the way the AI left the starting grid in previous build, not for the better either.

13. Lorincz Janos

Lorincz Janos New Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS v1.4.5r
    Track & Layout Used
    : All
    Car Used: Stock Car 2015 and 2017
    Applicable Settings: Any
    Report: In TV cockpit view the rear window silhouette is always visible in the virtual mirror, regardless of the self view setting.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  14. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey Active Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS v1.4.5r
    Track & Layout Used
    : All
    Car Used: MetalMoro
    Applicable Settings: Multi Parc Ferme = 1
    Multi Free Settings = 13
    Report: Parc Ferme does not work anymore. Doesn't matter what you set the free settings to, they're all still able to be changed once you advance from qualifying to Race.

Seems that in a lot of the Series files, Parc Ferme has simply been set to 0. Not sure if this is affecting it, but in the vast majority of cars, Parc Ferme does not work anymore.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  15. David

David New Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS 1.4.5b, 1.4.5r
    Track & Layout Used:
    Doesn't matter
    Car Used: Doesn't matter
    Applicable Settings: Create Multiplayer server
    Report: When I create a server from the game (not a dedicated server), I choose a car class, Multiplayer, Create Game and then a vehicle, a track, the AI Drivers, AI Strength, AI Aggression, Race Time etc..., so when the server starts, everything is ignored, except of the car and the track. The number of AI Drivers is different, as well as AI Aggression, AI Strength, Race Time etc... When I create a dedicated server, everything is fine, but there is no choice for AI aggression.

(Probably) help: If I want to set the AI aggression, I run the game, choose a class, Single Race, AI aggression. I'll finish the game, then launch the game, launch a dedicated server and then play.

16. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: GoiĆ¢nia ST
    Car Used: Super Truck
    Applicable Settings: none
    Report: Game freezes during loading.
    upload_2017-8-7_16-10-30.png
    Steps to reproduce: Select Super Truck, Time Trial, Goiania ST and go.

17. muzarati

muzarati Member

Please confirm setting for this as 40 or 80?
    AI to AI Collision Rate="40" // Detection rate per second (1-40) for AI-to-AI collisions

18. Craigbowie

Craigbowie New Member

Track Adelaide Street Circuit Clipsal 500
    Car used Super v8
    Problem Pace car crashes and gets stuck at the entrance to pit lane... pace car doesnt turn into the lane and is stuck facing the pit wall.
    How to reproduce have a caution period where pace car leaves the pit lane.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. yusupov

yusupov Member AMS2 Club Member

so this is still happening, using default AMS at the moment..

20. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Curitiba Full
    Car Used: Sotck Car V8 2015 & 2017
    Applicable Settings: n/a
    Report:
    AI aggression from medium to max. Qualifying lap finished down to zero. When the race starts after formation lap or skipping it, as soon as all AI crosses the checkered line, all of them drive to the rightmost side of the track(lane when coming out of pit stop) then come back to where they're supposed to and then hitting each other. Just to check, I used Boxer Cup and Formula Ultimate and did the same thing.