Automobilista 2 V1.5.3.2, F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.3.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2023.

1. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Had a great race with Super V8 at Adelaide, using Real Weather, which nicely followed the 'Real Weather" for this weekend! The AI was also very good on this tight street circuit. I also had a F-HiTec race online at the historic Barcelona. The McLaren is great fun....very cool cars. Thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  2. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Anyone who ever thought that AMS2 was ever lacking in the handling department (and let’s face it, at some point over the past three years that includes all of us), I humbly offer the Ginetta G40 at Barcelona GP - no chicane - to help any sim racer put those fears to rest once and for all. Quite frankly, if that combination doesn’t perfectly simulate, with today’s hardware *, the experience of driving a 142-hp, front-engine, RWD entry-level race car, then the problem is either with the simracer’s equipment and settings—or himself.

* or even yesterday’s hardware.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Sberla84

Sberla84 MotorSimItaly

FFB improved really a lot! The Caterhams are now really spot on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Thanks for the answer. I think the kerbs is because of the lines they drive and what they see as allowed space to drive.
    I think they have to refine the animations a bit to make them look more realistic.
    And also the side by side movements are still not as realistic. Although I know they have worked very very hard at that department. But that is something that is an engine limitation I am afraid. But I am very impressed by Reiza. They are a very good and above all an honest team. I wish them all the best because they deserve it.

5. Zesh

Zesh Member AMS2 Club Member

Absolute blast on snetterton 300 as well. Honestly any of the British tracks they run at in real life pair almost perfectly with that car after the latest updates.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

In fact, I'd pit the G40 from AMS2 against any entry-level, front-engine, RWD race car (e.g., Miata) from any sim ... after all, a realistic sim should really nail the basics, not obfuscate its shortcomings behind a veil of added complexity. If a Miata or similar spec vehicle, which may be underpowered relative to other offerings, is actually boring to drive, then something is inescapably wrong.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The ARC is also an excellent beginner friendly car that feels sublime in the game right now.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

In Barcelona 91, the AI is extremely slow in corners, even in the fast ones in last sector or in the chicane on the backstraight.

9. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

and it turns crazy fun with handbrake:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Exorbit

Exorbit New Member

I am 1 second slower on average in the 911 rsr 1974 after the update on most tracks :) I guess I have to relearn to drive it :)

11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had a race with the P4 MCR at Adelaide and it was amaaaazing! Most fun I have had in the Sim in a while. These updates are really transforming the game.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Not sure if it is a new thing, but sparks in VR behave weird, the depth info is not correct I guess, because they appear at car and several meters to the right of the car, looks like weird graphical glitches.

Hope this gets fixed, open wheelers not really drivable in races in VR atm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

MMX Turbo P3 needs some help; snap oversteer on downshifts at Guapore. Tried the Roco 001and it was a blast.

14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

They also look a bit odd with a monitor IMO

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I agree that there is something odd about them, is it that they seem to move too slowly? Or are the sparks oversized? I cant make up my mind, perhaps a bit of each...

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Id recommend adding a click or two of rear wing - had the same feeling in the fast sweeping interlagos left corner before the left turn towards the straight with the F309, with two clicks of more wing i didnt have any issues though.

Might be that we are supposed to assume that default setups may need a tad more rear wing due to the efficiency "nerf" of these.

17. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Last night I setup a P2P session with Group C cars, hopped with the 962, and had the pleasure of sharing track with @Dicra :)

After getting around a problem with driving aids (just posted at Bug Reports thread), I had a blast driving it. The difficulty of this car is higher, and I would put it a notch past how it drove in the previous version when you activated the Spool differential. But this was with the LSD! I was having to hustle more, correcting more, being a bit more mindful with the throttle, trying to not going in excess with the slides to not go past the ideal point and losing time, etc. Is it more realistic? I cannot say. Did it feel more rewarding to drive? YES! To the people who complained that this car got too easy at the 1.5 update, they should like what it has become. Bear in mind though that it remains very controllable. I pushed hard, had lots of moments where I lost a lot of time, but never binned it. I'm quite afraid of turning the Spool on though lol.

We had a nice race with Dicra. I had a gap up front at the start thanks to having a bit more practice time in the session. Once he got up to pace I waited for him to get by and spent the rest of the event chasing him. Classic Spa, driving an old beast, chasing another old beast...it felt sublime. Unfortunately we had a ping of 300 between ourselves (I'm from Argentina and he's from Germany IIRC, so it is to be expected) and I gave him a ghost tap from behind backing out of a move into Les Combes. He was well clear from me but it still happened. Damage was Low in purpose, so I just waited and resumed the chase for more fun and friendly racing :) When I finally had him, on the final lap daughter entered the room demanding attention, and my focus and concentration went away haha!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like that with some cars (but not all) that the default setup might require a bit adjustment because of that. The GT4 Merc was definitely one in Interlagos where I had to adjust the setup for it be less likely to start losing the rear in some corners (also in Interlagos).

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

You might as well mention you were still around a sec a lap quicker than me :D

Seriously this car is very nice to drive, keeping you on your toes constantly while retaining drivability.

It's one of the few cars in the game that very clearly show the limits of the pad because you cannot get away with imprecise inputs in the fast corners - the car will just wreck, which I tested several times :D

Just out of interest, were you able to take Eau Rouge/Raidillon flat out?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It might get fixed eventually, and it has been reported in the proper channels. In the meantime a workaround is to go into the performance settings and disable particle effects.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1