Automobilista 2 V1.5.3.2, F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.3.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ha! Didn't think it was very important, considering that I had a practice session of advantage plus some setup tweaks!

Yes, I was able to take it flat out, but it gets hairy at the crest on Raidillon, a bit of hustling needed or you will end up wide on the grass at the exit.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Essemo

Essemo Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wanted to say congratulations to Reiza on the update and the new content, it makes a great game even better!

I'm one of those old timers who thinks the period from the late 1970s to the early 1990s was the pinnacle of F1, so I'm loving the new F-HiTech cars.

I've been testing the Gen 2 cars at historic Barcelona to try and find a good setting for my races against the AI and the experience has been sublime. I just need to decide now if I should take Hill's seat in the fake Williams and fight Prost for the wins or take Andretti's seat in the McLaren and fight against Senna and Schumacher for places on the podium!

I also wanted to give a shout out to the track building team at Reiza. The historic tracks in particular are absolute works of art, they look beautiful and add so much immersion to the game experience. Historic Barcelona is a perfect example of this. I've never liked driving Barcelona in any other game but now I find myself falling in love with it thanks to Reiza's 1991 masterpiece!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

They’re too big and go through the car. It would be nice to see them go with the airflow like IRL

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. f4ffie

f4ffie New Member

Will there be a new season pass? Or will it be seperate dlc's from now on?

5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

AFAIK no season pass

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Has the pit crew shaking been resolved in this build? I have set to player only and they shake for me but I notice in some on-line videos from others they don't appear to. I love seeing them but it's really distracting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is LC working properly now on all cars? I ask because it seems to work well on the F-Hitech G2 Mclaren, but on the F-Hitech G1 M2 (Williams) when I release the button it crawls along for ages at minimum revs and only starts to increase revs after quite some time.
    This car does not have auto gears, so if i change up, I can still see LC enguaged in the hud (stays that way till i lift of corse), but then the rears spin up and put me straight into a wall.

Am I missing something about the way it works on this particular car, or is there a problem with it?

Thanks to anyone who can answer!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Beezer215

Beezer215 Member

They still shake worse than Michael J Fox having opioid withdrawal. Was hoping for that fix as well. It's a bit daunting to look at. The lollipop guy still runs out from further than designated position meaning he can be out on the track or clip through walls like on Daytona.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Andy Reader

Andy Reader Member

since installing RBR a few years ago i've had no time for other rally games. nobody came close until now. those rx cars handle like a dream with a great damage nodel. Reiza needs to make make a dedicated rally game. i need more gravel!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. samrussell_98

samrussell_98 If in doubt, go flat out AMS2 Club Member

Having purchased and followed this game from very early on, I’ve sat away from these forums just reading for a few months, reading all the beta posts and just waiting for this one to drop. Following 1.5 and the big up take from that in players and the well deserved plaudits, it’s nice to see the game get the credit it, and arguably more importantly Reiza deserve.

I spoke while ago, probably March or April, before Le Mans or endurance were even announced that this would be the Sim for it to be perfected, at least initially on a single player perspective, before the multiplayer gets the true Reiza treatment, somewhere down the line.

Having played, watched and read several people’s opinions on the latest release, I’m not sure if this has been a perfect judgment of time, or a small stroke of luck of lots of things coming together, but I don’t think there could possibly be a better time for Le Mans and endurance racing, of the modern day to land in AMS2. All being well, and Renato’s countdown timer are working correctly, I know where my Christmas will be spent. Sorry wife!

Personally, the level of maturity the game has now hit from what it was back in 2020, it’s quite astounding. I’m sure the multiplayer development and continuation of the polish applicator will persist into 2024 with great returns. Very much looking forward to watching this space.

PS, when all the above has been ticked, that career mode is going to be bloody AWESOME.

Fantastic work Reiza, Renato and all the continued beta testers reporting their findings. Exciting times ahead.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A Dirt 4 game built by Reiza would be a dream come true for me. I'd be first in line to buy it. I don't do much road racing anymore. RX in AMS2 is where I spend my time and I'd love to see much more of it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato mentioned the possibility of bundles but only after a given set of DLCs are all out, not preventively sold as was the case of the SP

13. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

20231128024846_1.jpg
    Don't forget the hidden treasures in new circuits guys

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 3
  14. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

In VR the car bounces up and down erratically during pit. It’s been that way for a while now. Whenever I pit, I just close my eyes or lift my headset to avoid getting sick.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

F-Classic Gen1 cars on starts just stalls, can't get anywhere and it keeps low revs pretty long. Auto clutch and auto gearbox, no other driving aids. Is there some trick to do proper start with those cars now? :D I tried many times but same thing happens.

16. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

Tried out the Formula Ultimate G2 at Spa 2022 and it really is a great experience now.

I hope the rest of the tracks get the updated AI lines because at Spa 2022 it is really fun to follow the AI cars now as the lines they take and speeds through most corners are very realistic. Not perfect as I find they brake a bit too early into the last chicane, but very close. Hopefully they will keep improving on this. However it is a huge improvement from before. I am curious if they just take some of the better TT runs and copy those lines? Or have a pro esports driver go around a few tracks and just copy the lines from that? Just curious but at the end of the day the improvement is great and makes the single player experience much better.

As for the F Ultimate G2 itself, the balance is fantastic now, even with default setup. I can feel the car balance very well now and it behaves as I would expect. If I lift off a bit too much in a high speed corner I can feel the rear end come around which I can counteract with a bit more throttle. Just feels like the realism got kicked up a notch. I find myself making very slight mid corner adjustments to catch slides before they happen, similar to what you see real F1 drivers doing in some corners. These cars seem to act very similar to real life now and are not overly easy to drive. I want the most realistic experience possible even if that means that they are slightly more difficult to drive. Very satisfying to drive on the limit. Great job all in all. I hope for even more refinements to AI as I play mostly single player and getting the AI lines and speeds perfect would make this the ultimate single player game.

Also one other thing, I have installed crew chief and it does help with some added immersion. It's too bad games can't just integrate crew chief into the game itself, but this is a minor gripe and not a knock on AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh Where's that mate? I've heard on one of the historic Interlagos tracks you can drive under a bridge to the kart track!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Okay, no trick needed. Just put pedal to the metal and then little off-throttle so you don't spin around. :D

19. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Tarmac Terrorist

20. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Thank you. Think Ill try that Gen1 cars out now.:D
    I have had a lot of fun in the 2nd comming of the TT mode in the 2nd gen of the F-HiTech.
    In the beginning I thought that these cars was too easy to drive BUT when I became more confident and tried to get closer to the limits of the cars they became much more challenging.

ByTheWay: Until now this new incarnation of upd 1.5 feels pretty good. Hehe eventhough I have only tried 7 formula cars out with this upd.:p Oh ByByTheWay Im still using my former vehiclesetups_1_5.:whistle:

• Like Like x 1