Automobilista 2 V1.5.3.2, F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.3.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

2. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

I'm noticing weird behavior with ABS, it seems to keep engaged without pressing the brake, but when accelerating out of corners. As if TC is engaged. I notice it very well, because I use bass shakers for feedback and my rig starts shaking while accelerating and I also see the ABS light blinking. This happens with all cars that have ABS.

3. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes. It is called "launch control" in the assignment menu.

• Like Like x 1
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They look way too big to me. When you see them coming up off the F1 cars in real life they are pretty small but a lot of them together make them look bigger.
    I think you can make the following comparison with them,
    Sparks in real life racing = Lego,
    Sparks in AMS2 = Duplo.

• Like Like x 7
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

Now, this is a comparison I just love :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

there is Montreal 1991. i will update Easter Egg thread soon.

7. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

There was a mention in OP about a complimentary update on Monday. What news of this my brethren?

8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Still in the works currently.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Will some effort be put in to fixing persistent bugs, for example the bent wheels on the AI cars when joining a multiplayer server, and damage showing on cars after they have been back to the garage and fixed. Also the options for weather keeps changing from real weather to slots.

The driving experience is excellent now better than I ever thought it would be, but bugs that have been persistent for coming up to four years really need to be addressed ASAP to give the sim that polished feel.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

11. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just took all group C cars arounds Barcelona '91, they have come a long long way, Corvette being the odd one out for now I guess, but that one will probably get another look by Reiza one of these days, there's been some recent discussion in the beta forum about it.

You can properly "play" with these cars now, they will feel somewhat heavy, cumbersome and understeery in lower speed corners while still offering a good amount of mechanical grip by virtue of rather large tires on a car that is not particularly heavy in actual fact. You can persuade them to rotate some more with the throttle, but at the risk of mowing some grass or inspecting a wall up close if you overdo it.

Then when speed picks up and downforce builds, it is game on and they are in their element. All they really need to be truly happy is a track from a country that loves cheese :)

Edit: screw the chicane at Hockenheim '88, don't like.
    Edit edit: both of them.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  13. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I like the idea to run custom championships in chronological order starting with F1 Classics Gen1 to 4 followed by high-End 1-2 to travel back and enjoy those fantastic cars year after year. 3 weeks of X-Mas holidays are going to be very racy times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wu!

I love this video:

Warning: the audio is atrocious, but it does convey how much group C cars could be “on it” on a track with proper corners, they did not spin into oblivion either magically, it’s wild.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Rocco Thamm

Rocco Thamm Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What in particular? I drove it pretty successful in the community cup against the sauber c9 shortly before the update and after the update on time trial. Almost identical time and handling. (long beach)

16. Wu!

Well, not everybody drives as fast as you, not me anyway. It does rotate well in its current configuration will give it that, and I did identical laptimes on Nordschleife to the 962C also, but on some tracks it lags way behind for me.

General issue for some seems to be it's wandering behavior in higher speed corners and straights, the LD version suffers way more from that though, it steps out when on banking, etc.

Like on Ibarra (edit: probably not the greatest example I realize now because… altitude), I am almost 2 seconds behind, maybe I could lower that to 1 second with enough effort, but I do not see myself coming close to any of the other 3 there while those were 1 lap efforts. The non low-downforce version is not by any means undriveable, the low downforce version has far more issues.

17. Wu!

i tried your setup on Long Beach, it is a good setup, much faster than default or anything I could cook up, what is not so good is I am 3 seconds slower than you, it’s painful :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Sorry for the quality, but this is I think a good example of what described.
    I LOVED the way I lost it because of attacking the kerb too happily, and I LOVE how it snapped back right before entering the grass.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/TnJdSoUJjNs

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wu!

Compared to what it has been in various previous incarnations (and we had many), group C has made great strides, I agree. Gone are the times the Sauber or any of the cars really handled like a Radical :) V1.5.3 did a good job at giving back some cars their "identity" for lack of a better word.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

So been driving even more now with simucube 2 sport and default ffb profile, F3, historic formula, GT3 etc.

I'm actually very impressed overall. I really feel like this ffb update should been tied to the big 1.5 update we had before because now it feels more complete overall.

I feel like there is more information regarding corner balance, something that i was missing before. The wheel is a lot less twitch and active, before it was like an overload of information and it just made it feel a bit muddy. Now the wheel is a lot less active and that is more aligned with other sims so this is really nice to see!

Also I'm very happy that there has been aero tweaks, finally you can actually lose the rear end, something that was very hard if not impossible before. This is very very good news!

The only thing that still bugs me is that the inital turn in grip seems too high, im often able to turn in later than usual and just quickly snap the wheel 45 degrees and it almost always grips without understeering or losing the rear, obviously no racing driver but not seen this in the other sims.

But overall this is great work! I firmly believe it's not the physics that people complain about its the ffb! But whatever has been done now is a step in the right direction.

Now im off to play some more! :) Happy racing!

• Informative Informative x 1