Automobilista 2 V1.5.3.2, F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.3.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2023.

1. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone else having auto-shifts disabled in certain MP lobbies? I've had it happen 2-3 times now, as well as the TC-ABS bug. It feels like a MP specific issue given I haven't had either of them occur in SP races.

Edit: The gears issue could be a result of the "force manual gears" setting.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
  2. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Any word on career mode? It's the only feature I want that's missing at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Yes indeed. But the Merc CLK in AMS2 has both the sequential shifter on the side and the paddles on the wheel. So I thought it had both modes

4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

IIRC if authentic assists aren’t enabled in the MP server, you need to enable them using the global assist buttons and not the car-specific assists

5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Formula HiTech Gen 2 Model 3:
    DRS switches off if you do not constantly have your finger on the button.
    In other cars, you just press the button once and then once again in order to switch it off.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's how it's meant to be. One of the models is hold to activate and the rest like an on/off switch.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

No, it is not.
    In all models of these new cars, DRS means to have the active suspension working.
    You gotta switch it on by pressing the button once. Works with all cars, except of model 3 of Gen 2. There, you gotta have your finger on the button all the time.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
  8. Spie

Spie Member AMS2 Club Member

Thar is because model 3 is hold to activate. It is different to the others by design

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's planned and it needs to be done with most gears meshing on a decent level - we're closer now obviously but there are still some bits to be brought in line for it to deliver a good experience.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes it is. Model 3 has a different DRS button - there were different methods for the drag reduction system ride height switch and model 3 has the press&hold one intentionally.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Any plans that we will be able to adjust the points system in custom championships on our own?
    Would love to have the old F1-system, when only the Top 6 drivers gained points.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And multiclass scoring system

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Fiyah

Fiyah Member

Dear Reiza!

A quick question regarding the Ghost car's implementation in other parts of this Sim: I had asked for a Ghost car option for Project Cars 2 (SMS's Forum) to be added in Test day, to which i did not get any response, neither have i seen it here. Also seen other members post a similar question. Personally, i still play both Sims and as we all know, the time trials are no more in PC2, so it would be great to have a Ghost car in Test day with the ability of course to set time, day, weather which is not do-able in TT. Ghost car option in Test day please! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Maybe I am going crazy but I am pretty sure these were selectable some time before with the 10 and 9 points for wins being available. Just checked and they were not there however, some scoring options also have no text to it, seems to be a bug.

15. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There have never been historical F1 scoring options in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

After having done a couple of races since update to 1.5.3.x, I must say that the AI is much more aware of the player's position on track than before. When being overtaken on the inside before slow corners, they do not try to force their way through from the outside like they did in earlier builds.:)

When having contact, they do not feel as heavy as tanks anymore, too. But this can be just my imagination.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Time to add. Also watched out for this :D.

Those 80s and 90s F1 are so insane, can't stop driving. Also started watching videos of that era again. It has been such a great time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

A very rare and special case of where the race team was experimenting with both. Apparently they went with the shift lever as it was more reliable mechanically (back in the early days of paddles...no one would do that today!!).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I just checked, the preset championships have those scorings. And I am still pretty sure they were selectable for custom championships before as well.

20. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

They had the paddles for Le Mans and the shifting lever for the FIA GT1 championship. So it wasn't because of reliability, but because of weight.

Quote from Marc Webber: "For weight reasons we have abandoned the paddle shift we used at Le Mans. It saves us 5 to 6 kgs. And the advantage was so small it was better to have the weight. And it gives us blisters"

EDIT: Here is the link to the report with the press conference quotes at the bottom, for those that want to read it themselves: Hockenheim 2nd qualifying session

• Funny Funny x 2