Automobilista 2 V1.5.3.2, F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.3.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2023.

1. DaveC187

DaveC187 Member

• Like Like x 4
  2. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Also mechanical failures , Smoking engines , Partial Brake failure. A slider as mentioned above would be good.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall

I would pay 10$ for this car alone or any other 2001-2005 McLaren as for V10 Gen2 class since Reiza have McLaren licence, that after they done with endurance content

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

To really back this up with some documentation it will be better to record a single car in either practice or TT mode. Cockpit view ofcourse.
    But I agree that some of the new Hitecs are missing some of the sound channels/cues and sounds pretty muffled.

5. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

Me too. And $20 for a Ferrari.
    No one ever replies to my facebook marketplace wanted ads though...

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I’ve gotten a bug where I can’t adjust ARBs, spring rate or central damper settings. I did MP races before going into TT and having this issue. I also did TT before the MP races. This happens to every car

7. Matus Celko

Matus Celko Active Member

I need to come back to this thread..
    I've just started a custom championships in the Formula Retro Gen-1, and after two races (Interlagos and Kyalami) I have to say... what an experience.

Both cars I've tried, Brabham BT44, and the Lotus 72E, were very nice to drive, even with base setup. Nice progressive power output of the NA engines coupled with the big rear tyres makes the cars very fun to turn on the throttle out of the corner... Also the aero feels right, it is there, but it is also obvious these are early days and there is still quite a bit of nice side-slip in fast corners.

This, coupled with the amount of historic tracks that are available in AMS 2, and stuff like the period appropriate pit crew, makes it just a great experience. That's honestly not really available in other sims. Yeah, you can properly get the cars and tracks as mods in other sims, but that will quickly drag down the consistency of experience, track to track, and car to car.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Andy Reader

Andy Reader Member

ai on x4 tyre wear pitting way too early and often. tried dpi, p1, indycar and gte. 1 hour races x4 to simulate 4 hours. had great races this way before the update. now its just an easy win. 107 skill level.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Am I the only one to find the Corvette supercar a real handful? It seems unstable under braking and also wanders all over the track on the straights like the Super V8 used to do.

The Caterham 620R with the clutch plates reduced to 2 feels great, on the other hand. The best it´s ever been.

10. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Has anyone else tried the karts? Any difference from previous patches? I dunno if it's me or if it's the game, but I'm having a better experience with karts now. Before I always had to lower brake power by some 15-20 points, but now I think the default preset is alright.

Another thing that might or might not be me, but I think Kart Cross are handling different now. I played a lot with these cars in the previous builds and it was always a pleasure. But now I don't know, it's easy to oversteer them, even on asphalt. It's like if they had less grip or more power, dunno how to explain. Now I feel you have to battle the car more and fight oversteer more often.
    But maybe it's just me.

By the way, another totally different question: what's the best kart game out there? I've never driven karts in real life. But I hear people complaining that both PCARS2 and AMS2 karts are not so good compared to the real thing. Another thing I've heard is that Kart Kraft is the game to go, but I was looking about it on Steam and players claim that it's pretty much abandonware now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly no sim is like the real thing since g-forces are everything, you should head over to your local rental kart centre and give it a go

• Like Like x 2
  12. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

I went once, a long time ago, when I was a teenager. But I was expelled for throwing bananas and ninja turtles dolls on other drivers.

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. MintChocIceCream

MintChocIceCream New Member

Finished a test with real fuel usage and 5x tire wear, the AI now pits at lap 6 instead of lap 5 and my tires at the lap 5 mark is worn to 80% at most. So yeah not much change there but I guess no short distance + multiplied tire and fuel usage for now

I also did a race with authentic tire wear and fuel usage, there the AI behaves as it should. No one pitted early and we went on normal with the 22 lap race even with a mandatory pit stop.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Driving karts in AMS2 has convinced me I never ever want to drive a kart irl. Seems like actual negative fun.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

It's an incredibly addicting experience IRL. Unfortunately, don't have enough money to go karting every other day but if i did, I would.

16. Sberla84

Sberla84 MotorSimItaly

the only issue with go kating is the insane pain you get to your back afterwards if you already prone to backpain

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

lol like mario kart

18. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Take this with a bucket full of salt because my IRL kart experience is limited to a few laps close to 30 years ago when I was a kid (and scared ****less at the time, plus I didn't come prepared and was wearing sandals...), but from what I understand karts are perfect at teaching you to carry as much speed and momentum throughout corners as possible, be precise with your inputs, find a good, smooth flowing line on track and learn to drive by the seat-of-your-pants feel. Well, at least the first three are true in AMS2 (and the latter to some degree through the FFB).

One helpful technique that I picked up back in AMS1 and which still works fine in AMS2 (at least for the rental and GX390) is to never fully let go of the throttle. When you're accelerating, pedal to the metal. When you're braking, maybe ease off the throttle A LITTLE but never fully let go of it. I find that it stabilizes the kart while braking and also (hopefully) preserves a little more RPM, and thus torque, throughout the corner, which is crucial for a vehicle that is lacking any kind of power at low RPM. And from what I remember of the rallying classes in RBR, braking with one foot on the throttle is (was) used in rallying as well (mainly to preserve RPM, but also to help balance the car IIRC).

That being said, karts are... different, and they definitely require a different mindset, IMHO. Whenever I haven't driven them in a long time in AMS2, I require a few extra practice laps just to get comfortable and into the right mindset again. But once I do and get past that initial "HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO RACE THIS DAMN THING WHEN I CAN'T EVEN BRAKE AND TURN WITHOUT SPINNING?" phase, it's hard to put the wheel down for a long, long time. :D

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Yes, but I was talking about fuel and if the amount of fuel does affect AI's laptimes. :whistle:;)

20. LordSnetterton

LordSnetterton New Member

Did the AI cars get out of the way for you when they were on an in/out lap? I did a race weekend at Barcelona and the AI behaved just like pre-patch in that regard ruining my qualifying. On one occasion I was leaving the pits, slowed down and yielded for cars on track and the AI card behind me ghosted right through me and dashed onto the track.

• Agree Agree x 2