Automobilista 2 V1.5.3.2, F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.3.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope, the HitechG2 don't suffer nearly as much as the player from the fuel weight. They lose about 4 seconds from qualy to race while the player loses 6 (at least I lose that amount). At the same time they are too slow on qualy, but they do fuel accordingly, using between 18l and 23l, so it's a pace issue on qualifying.

Most other Formula classes are fine, only HitechG2 and the Classic G4 need some fine tuning.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

@Renan G Flores

This is a great video to help assess whether AMS 2 karts are any good versus other sims. I have tried them all, and the karts here are still a WIP, but I find them better nevertheless.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It does, but..... It's work in progress, so there are good and bad examples across the 40000 odd car and track combos in the game.

4. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Is there a way to know which tyre compound AI is using on each session during a race weekend?

I'm re-doing a F Classic Gen 4 championship, and in order to balance AI strenght I need to know which tyre compound they are using on Practice/Qualy. I only did the first race at Long Beach, 81 laps historical date and weather, normal tyre wear and fuel. I could say the AI peraphs used the medium compound because they pitted once, like me on that compound, but in order to get a balanced AI level I would need to know if they used the same compound on Q at least because the difference in lap times are large between the three available ones.

Before v1.5 they used only hards for all sessions, all races, in order to not pit in the race, but that was not ideal in terms of overall race pace. It was easy to predict the AI level for that reason, but at the same time 100% unrealistic and boring doing Q on hards all the time and not pìtting at every single race.

Now it seems like the AI is using the available tyre compounds in a clever way, at least as seen in the single race I did, but I don't know if now they qualify on the softs or they are still choosing the same compound they are going to use in the race instead.

Hope what I wrote has any sense, not english spoken person here.

Thanks!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Andy Reader

Andy Reader Member

ai pit stops in endurance races need a fix asap. before update i was finishing around p7. now i win by 4 laps and its not a race anymore.x4 or x5 multipliers. tried it with authentic fuel too but still the same thing happens. i'll have to resort to rf2 until its resolved. i can't do the full 4 hours on authentic tyre wear. i will try a stint though to see if its just a problem with multiplyers. these races were the reason i play this game. brazillian endurance is mega.
    they pit way to often.

6. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They use soft only, for qualy and race. You can see it with all the cars that have marked tires like the F-Ultimates, they will qualify and race with the softest tire available. What has changed is the wear rate and when they decide to pit due to the tire wear, before they would stay out much longer with very worn tires, now the tires wear slower but their pit algorithm is better, so they don't stay out while losing a lot of time due to worn tires.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Andy Reader

Andy Reader Member

might be good for f1 but endurance is ruined by pitting too early and often

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

I was thinking to myself. If Reiza would launch "Racin' USA pt. 4", what cars would you prefer? Stock cars (like NASCAR) or Formula USA Hybrid?

upload_2023-12-5_0-8-18.png

• Like Like x 2
  9. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

And what did you conclude?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. ThePhabs

ThePhabs New Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula USA Hybrid. With the ir18 model. Nascar has their own game in the works, indycar fans need a win!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The hybrid unit could be an easy addition to the current car, but I know quite a few people who would be happy if these flying bricks showed up in game.

faeb9fb804356752d9740564e155b10d.jpg

That is unless Penske and Co. have learned from the whole MSG saga... :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Marc Collins Karting is probably one of the most difficult displines to master. You've to keep momentum and not bog down. If you bog down there's lots of work to do. Similar principe with 60's car in Rally. Keep straight line, don't bog down, vroomvroom.. But karts, ohh the karts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

I think the cars are quite realistic in ams2 .

It requires very little steering force just like in real life.
    It looses all kind of power if you lose the momentum coming out of a turn with a slide. Just like real life.
    The grip levels seems good too.

14. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Why choose? Let’s have both and another 4 tracks.

• Like Like x 2
  15. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Would dirt oval "sprint cars" fit into some Racin USA or is that more adrenaline pack? Either way, I'd like some dirt oval racing.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I'm curious which tracks will be included in Racin' USA pt4. Maybe COTA + 2 more tracks?

17. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully something like that :cool::
    upload_2023-12-5_12-11-5.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

90's IMSA including the famed and later banned Audi 90 quattro IMSA GTO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That would be magnificent.
    Stockcar and IMSA were an absolutely blast. Also Group C raced there and tracks like Sebring, Road Atlanta, COTA...etc. I think there are still so many possibilites, it would need 3 or 4 more USA packs. But I understood AMS2 is a long-term project and that means we are just at the beginning of the race..(so my interpretation :D;)).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

The game already has 4 different IndyCar vehicles and zero US stock cars, so the choice is obviously a Nascar stock car, and also the generic 2023 IndyCar should get a proper realistic model since MSG lost the license. They should still have the model they made a screenshot of before the whole ordeal happened.
    298936073_5964628660218744_5569037489236420033_n.jpg

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3