Automobilista 2 V1.5.3.2, F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.3.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2023.

1. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Problem was that EA held the license. And once EA contract expired Porsches where everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

EA didn't force Porsche, Porsche agreed to that deal and they had the last word, they fully consented to the exclusivity deal

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Laulenture

Not just those tbh, there's so many I'd buy. But since we've been talking about them a lot, I'm sure Ferrari will come, Renato already said they have a contact at Ferrari and since he's seems to be good bud with Ian Bell who already secured the license for a couple of Ferrari cars I'm sure they will be able to come to an agreement. So I think it's just a matter of time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. AlexBfromG

Yeah, Management can sometimes be pretty dumb. And at the time they were probably happy with EA Games and there wasnt that much quality racers out there.

Gaming as a whole was not taken as serious etc.

5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Pretty sure the time will come soon enough :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Toyota has their license in many games already, working closely with Gran Turismo for example which has their own Toyota GR online cup. GR stands for Gazoo Racing btw, saying they barely exist in hardcore racing seems like a weird statement to me, they are represented in GT3 with Lexus and in GT4 with the Supra, in the top endurance racing class for over 10 years which they are dominating for over 5 years with their TS030-TS050 and GR010, represented in the Super GT/GT500 series for over 25 years as well as the WRC, while having an extremely rich racing history with cars like the Toyota GT-One, their Group C racecars Toyota 82C-94C and TS010 or older cars like the Toyota 7.

I'm not sure how well funded the first Project Cars was or how good its reputation was with it's community funding approach, but it had Toyota (race) cars as DLC which would indicate money was more of an issue for licensing it. That's just speculation though, we simply don't know if Toyota even wants to license their cars to other smaller games or their prices.

Ferrari on the other hand is known to be not so easy to work with regarding their licensing, for example in some Need for Speed you could not drive any Ferrari in any mode against the police, in Gran Turismo Sport and Gran Turismo 7 the 458 GT3 was only allowed to come with a red stock livery and they have also had issues with the cars being visually damaged. Maybe they changed their approach with the new 296 GT3 which seems to be coming to a few other sims as well, but that may be because of these sims having licenses for a complete series like DTM or the GT World Challenge.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Laulenture

Excluding GT and Forza is specifically why I said "hardcore", besides them being so massive it's almost inevitable, GT also has the home advantage, and that means over there.
    And while the DTM partnership probably helped KW, with their Ferrari, it doesn't seem to be helping them much for the Lambos

8. iggymax

iggymax Britney is in the wall

[​IMG]

9. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I mean, you could completely turn that argument around and ask which hardcore sim has GT1 cars, Group C cars or historic race cars in general. There are not many, those who have LMP1 for example all seem to have a Toyota TS030-TS050, those with GT3s all have a Lexus etc.
    We will see, I think Toyota would be a great addition, maybe they are waiting with introducing new classes for some these cars as a whole (LMGTP/LMP900 for the GT-One, LMP1 or Hypercars).
    We will see over the next year I guess.

10. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

On the topic of what cars are where and why, or more often why not:

11. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

How beautiful !!! I like

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Laulenture

Beside comparing a car class and a car brand being dubious since it just doesn't work the same, well a bunch of all purpose sims have feature historical cars in an official capacity. And while the like two sims featuring lmp1 have a toyota, as far as Lexus GT3 goes, it's the opposite of what you said: it's GT, Forza, ACC and that's about it. It's a no for AC, all Project CARS, iRacing, AMS2, rF2, RRRE.

Edit: And yeah, me too, would love to see Toyota join the AMS2 party

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. AlexBfromG

Im just getting a bit of practice in for maybe a nice Christmas present IMG_20231224_153835.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Laulenture

This picture is frying my brain, the car and driver are from Gt7 and the background is real, right?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

They did, but they must have realised many years ago what a mistake they'd made! Luckily, they've made up for it in recent years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Some are still waiting for the Aston Martin that was teased on screenshots in 2022.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I think you’ve gotten your years wrong

18. AlexBfromG

Yeah. It is very convincing Screenshot_2023-12-24-16-42-56-37_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, just like all the other exclusivity deals (over many long years now) that have cramped the sim racing community from being able to have content in multiple games/sims...it's almost as if competition is seen as a bad thing! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  20. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 5